Guidance for an Iksar warrior?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bluee, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Bluee

Bluee Member

a few questions before I read all the just re roll an Ogre

What would some decent pre raid armor i could get to replace Trooper Scale.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Trooper_Scale_Armor

https://www.takproject.net/magelo/character.php?char=Gojira

Looking for some agro weapon help. Lamentations not going to cut it i bet. Likely been asked a million times so bare with me. Was thinking of Short Sword of Ykesha. But I think in /1 I heard its not that great.

Someone offered to lend me a few but I forget the name.

Any advice appreciated.

Maybe have a full Iksar trio war/shm/necro

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  2. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

If you are trying to play a solo warrior....then you are in for a long painful time.
    Here's what I would do -
    1. Immediately start 2 more chars to support the war
    2. find out what trade mats were selling well and then go hunt up a ton of those. Do basic combines like spider silk into swatches, etc.
    3. Start a trader to sell mats
    4. Use trader maybe to buy low sell not quite as low, with patience you can make money doing that.

Then use your money and buy deals in the Bazaar for your war.
    For aggro weap, look for anything with a snare/dark or stun or slow proc. Silken whip of ensnaring from crypt in Seb, there's a 1h stun hammer from Chardok I think..SSoY might suck but it does have a stun component, wielding 2 would probably be ok.

Unless you mean quested armor, in which case I have no idea.

Bluee likes this.
  3. Bluee

Bluee Member

I do have support. All actually. Right now I have druid/mage. But I have enchanter/shaman/bard/wizard/cleric/monk all higher than Gojira.

For armor how hard would thurg/kael or skyshrine be?

And for what weapons proc snare etc. Is there a place to search weapons by proc?

4. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

there's decent iksar warrior armor in the plane of hate, but the velious quest armor replaces it. thurg armor can be farmed by a trio / group in their 50s, skyshrine is a bit harder.
    weapons - there's a snare whip in sebilis and a snare hammer in chardok. all proc effects / debuffs cap at 400 hate. outside of specifically snare procs, most aggro weapons use a stun to hit the aggro cap, and a stun+dmg will go over the cap. so, for example, scepter of destruction is 688 per proc, 400 for the stun and 288 damage on top. then there are the procs that are simply +hate, such as blade of carnage or bloodfrenzy, which go over the cap because they are just hard coded to be a certain amount of hate (700). ykesha weapons have the stun + damage going for them, and do okay for that reason, but their damage ratio is lackluster. since you are planning to group with a druid, i wouldn't overemphasize the snare weapons, though they are fun. maybe consider a truncheon of doom for the slow proc.

Bluee likes this.
  5. Braven

Braven Well-Known Member

Druid/Mag is missing slows and haste. You might consider mixing up your crew to include those to both increase your tankability and threat gen. Enchanter would do that and provide some illusions that will give you some aggro procs, but your dps will be lower unless you are charming.

I just started doing some thurg armor farming and its fairly easy. As a warrior you have the added benefit of being able to do that in the plate house and not just arena. I think armor gems might be harder to farm because I dont see them on traders as much as in-era.

I don't know about searching allaclone, but just watch the bazaar over time. You will typically see the same weapons repeqtedly and can get a feel for what is available. Check out procs in lucy clone and look for anything that is a run speed slow, attack speed slow, stun, or AC debuff. IIRC you are in your 40s and could potentially farm a Kunzar Ku'juch in City of Mist if you xp there.

Good luck!

Bluee likes this.
  6. Bluee

Bluee Member

Thanks for the info.

Ranger the main tank for all.
    Ranger 57
    Cleric 56
    Enchanter 56
    Shaman 50
    Monk 50
    Bard and Wizard 47ish.

Just thought having a pure tank would be beneficial. And help out the trio's I could form with my crew. Haven't found one im 100% connected with so far. Leaning towards ranger/cleric/enchanter.

7. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

I have a ranger main too, also 57. I started a little halfling war, but he's only 40.

Bluee likes this.
  8. Kriptik

Kriptik New Member

I played an all iksar trio as my first trio. War necro shaman. While I love my necro, I don’t know that they fit in trios well. I’ve mostly phased him out and play warrior cleric shaman/enchanter now and I’m leveling a bard to mix in the third slot too for dragon stuff.

I personally hate shaman as healers but that’s me. I’m pretty antisocial even for a gamer so I tend to do 98% of things by myself. So having the weakest heals is rough.

lots of good weapon advice here and I think we talked in game already and I echo’ed the thurg / SS armor. You’ll have access to thurg self farming first.

your other option would be level at / farm bugs in seb and buy MQs of Ss armor. It’s a pretty safe and easy camp once you learn to deal with the casters. I would camp your cleric out there just for the random enchanter that fucks your day up.

something I didn’t see mentioned is the 58 wall. Things are going to suck worse and worse the closer you get to 58. Your heals won’t keep up as well and the exp will be slower. Once you hit 58, life gets so much easier.

I would agree, a slower / haster would help this out.

you could play Warrior Druid shaman or shaman warrior mage. You’ll have pulling issues though. Once you have coth on the second trio you should be fine splitting stuff.

enchanter solves all your probs though. They get pacify, mana regen slow haste and CC. No matter which healer you continue with.

Bluee likes this.
  9. Cillipis

Cillipis Well-Known Member

As a warrior main I’d tell you that if you just want a tank for your character line up and you aren’t wed to the Warrior, save yourself the hassle and make a SK (they even come in Iksar!) Ok, now that that’s out of the way, good on you for not rolling an Ogre Warrior! Ogres are so passé.

You made a great choice. As for weapons, if you are just trioing for a while your lamentations will cut it into the 40’s because you’ll figure out a rhythm that works without the procs (remember, you can’t rely on them anyway, so weapon speed will matter most for your exp trio). After that just go that chardok hammer, if you can still find them, or get a wavecrasher or frostbringer. Both are fast with some good agro and secondary benefit. And the silken Whips are nice, but if you find the plat get an anklemasher which is so much faster.

I’ll second the heals issue. When I leveled my Warrior I did it in classic/Kunark with a druid and an enchanter. Around 50 the heals become a huge problem, so much so that I paused the druid for a while and went cleric. And with a cleric in my set I often bring a non-slowing class like my druid or mage. So trust us when we say you will likely be bringing that cleric along most of the time. Having Necro as your third there isn’t optimal, I guess, if optimal is plowing through frogs fast, but it’s lots of utility and a reliable slow if you kill undead and feel like slowing.

Other than that, just go have fun. Nothing out there is optimal, just more or less exciting.

Mokli and Bluee like this.
  10. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Thucydides was probably the best warrior on the server in the early days because iksar PoHate armor was Velious tuned, ogres be damned.

Even these days I'd roll iksar above other races just because they're cool. Would be an Iksar Ranger if I could.

Bluee likes this.
  11. Thunderace

Thunderace People Like Me

Have to pay the cost to be the master race

Bluee likes this.
  12. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

Me too! Instead they picked {shudder} HALFLINGS....abomination.

Bluee likes this.
  13. Bluee

Bluee Member

Since I am un-guilded at present(less armor options) I have decided to roll with an Ogre ShadowKnight. Maybe someday I will resurrect my lvl42 Iksar warrior. Until then, long live Ardbeg. Newly Warmly to the Frogloks of GUK.

SK/SHM/Bard is decent low DPS. a bit more DPS if I charm with bard. Trying to think of who would replace bard. I love lull pulling and CC'n / charm with him though.

14. Nakunaru

Nakunaru People Like Me

You think that is low dps, try cleric, shaman, bard. I don't kill the mobs with damage, I just bore them to death.

15. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Replace bard with enchanter if you want to charm.

16. Bluee

Bluee Member

Going to work on Iksar warrior once again. He is lvl 48. My trio options are set with any combination around 50 to 60.

Thinking Warrior / (shaman or druid) / (enchanter or bard) will play around and see what feels best.

Looks like Thurg armor would still be a good option in PoP.

Question today would be help with agro weapons now that we are in PoP. Anyone have any lower value one for sale. Or advice on what to hunt/quest for?

This is what I'm using.

-Venomous Axe of the Velium Brood
    -Scimitar of the Ykesha

https://www.takproject.net/magelo/character.php?char=Gojira

17. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

You're at the level where the droppable PoP warrior weapons start being viable even when you are not at the "recommended" level yet. go to Bazaar, search on all war 1h weapons. For example, Shortblade of Lightning: 400p, 13/19, rec lvl 56.
    Then at 55 you can use the 31/30 2hb with Planar Stun proc that sells for about 1 to 50pp (super common rot drop).

Also look for a Wavecrasher, 1hs and procs a slow/DoT

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
    Bluee and Frosst like this.
  18. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Planar Stun 2h is amazing aggro, 400 aggro proc + its a 2hander so its already good aggro and you eat less ripostes.

Wellmine and Bluee like this.
  19. Kithani

Kithani Well-Known Member

Advice for an Iksar Warrior

1) Type /sit
    2) Type /camp
    3) Wait 35 seconds
    4) Reroll Troll
    5) Ur done

Bluee likes this.
  20. Tecmos.Deception

Tecmos.Deception Active Member

Are cheaper proccing weapons worth using over sebilite croaking dirk and that other 10/18 that procs shadow? Or one of the like 42/49 or other nice 2h weapons? I always figured no procs until 40ish+ for most items, and infrequent procs beyond that if you aren't really twinked, wouldn't hold up to the dps and aggro of superior ratio weapons for 1-55.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2022