3-3-2021

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Mar 3, 2021.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Solar

* fix some NPC spell procs that weren't procing (ice burrower and some others)
    * tweak summoned pet resistance calculations
    * Revert "attempt to fix buff display desync when a regular buff overwrites a bard song buff"
    Torven
    * NPCs can now lose 'engaged' status while mezed or stunned. NPCs that are not engaged (meaning they have no hate list) regen health more quickly.
    Robregen
    * Merchant: fixed an error if there's no item in merchantlist it won't load the temp list.
    * fixed an issue with a caster that can bind anywhere in Skyshrine.
    Secrets
    * Fixed a dueling issue from previous patch

Database:
    Torven

* sebilis: Many rare spawn chances and loot drop chances were adjusted for accuracy.
    Robregen
    * Kael Manor: Klaggan and Vorkan Iceshard had their min and max hit adjusted for accuracy.
    * Frontier Mountain: Human Skeleton is now a roamer.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  2. Break

Break People Like Me

Out of curiosity, what is the normal amount of down time when you do these patches?

3. Lyrina

Lyrina Member

Usual it's 15-25 minutes.

Break likes this.
  4. Break

Break People Like Me

Thanks. I invited a monk out to the Grimling infinity spawn, and I didn't want to leave him stranded. This reset was much earlier in the day than I expected.

5. Wizarous

Wizarous New Member

Ahahaha

6. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I'm trying to think of an example of this, anyone have an idea?

7. Break

Break People Like Me

The stunned part seems odd to me. I'd expect almost any stunned mob to have aggro, but I think a lot of mezzes have a memblur component.

jbry2 likes this.
  8. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Yeah, the stun part is what threw me off.

9. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Mez makes sense. Was that not happening before? Thought I always used mob regen as key to know the mob was blurred. But maybe some clarification on the stun component? Surely mobs can’t not be on hate list and regen while being stun locked for instance?

10. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

have you guys ever pulled with stun?.. the reason for this update is because there is a state, where a mob is stunned, before they agro. So if you have a pack and you stun one mob, then it will first call after the stun wears off. So i am assuming it is to prevent stuns from having a mob regening, while not being agroed.

11. 98bcobra

98bcobra Member

Does the stun part of the mob losing engage wipe the hate list and clear the aggro the stun person has in the mob like a memblur? I see this could really hurt pally aggro.

12. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

Oh! Is engage thing my issue with memblur-ing with the bard? I need to test this out! I found that I couldn't ever totally loose all agro with the bard if I chain mezzed. I had to let mez break, and cast/sing it again.

13. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

Ah, bummer. Alas this engage thing does not fix bard chain mezzing dropping agro.

14. rainessa

rainessa People Like Me

I asked this in guild, but wouldn't losing engage from a stun mean someone could do most of the damage on a mob and then after it gets stunned, someone else could get credit for the kill with a lucky kill strike?

15. gardnerjens

one thing i am curious about, but i dont know how many that are doing this on the server... @Torven So does this mean if you have two pullers, who pulls to the kite limit, bring it in start stunning those mobs. will those mobs then start to memblur whille stunned. And then regen, because if that is the case, that would make pbaoeing harder for exp, but i am 100% sure that not alot of players are doing it with multiple pullers and bringing it in for accumulation.

16. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

So a pally chain stunning a mob for agro now has a chance to mem blur the mob, rip tanking lol.
    Never ever experienced anything along the lines of stun having a mem blur component. What is the proof please?

17. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

It doesn't say that stun blurs the mob, and I'm going to guess that "engaged" and "blurred" are different things.

To me, it sounds like "mobs that are blurred while mezzed/stunned will now begin to regen before the mez/stun wears off"

Lyrina and Break like this.
  18. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

What I read this as, is you can't mez loc Master Yael and slowly whittle him down.

19. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

It means that if you stun a mob then immediately press exodus afterward such that the NPC has no more hate list then it will out-of-combat regen while it is still stunned. Before it would not fast regen until after the stun wore off. It doesn't mean that stuns will blur the target, that's silly.

Primarily the fix was done for mez. Try to think of a PoP encounter that required this fix.

Cadsuane, Lyrina, Mechaike and 2 others like this.
  20. gardnerjens

any chance you can clarify what will happen if you stun more mobs then the kite limit?

Lyrina likes this.
  21. necra

necra People Like Me

Death touch and serverwide message obviously

Lyrina likes this.
  22. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

I don't know what caused it and I can't reproduce it but I've definitely seen mobs in a pbae stun lock start out-of-combat regening prior to today's patch.

23. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

no change

Lyrina likes this.
  24. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

The grimling infini-spawn has OOC regen I believe Thucy. That may be what you're thinking of? I always just assumed it was due to the bugged nature of that spawn location. I don't think I've seen it elsewhere.

25. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

If mobs somehow got stuck fast regening while stun locked prior to the patch, then this patch should theoretically fix that

Lyrina, Mechaike and Ravenwing like this.
  26. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Good change! Bonus points if it fixes the "stuck in out of combat mode" thing (which seemed to happen when the puller died more or less just as the stun-lock hit).

27. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

Oh, will this stun fix change the way:
    1) You mez/stun a mob
    2) Evac
    3) Finish zoning and immediately get summoned by said mez/stunned mob
    ??

28. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I'm kinda surprised that even happens instead of crashing the zone or something, but yeah that shouldn't happen anymore

Mechaike likes this.
  29. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

Cool, now that you gave a theoretical that matches the scenario I've been in when I've been summoned after evac'ing, it's time to test it!

30. Break

Break People Like Me

The locked grimlings do seem to die slightly more quickly now. I get one mob that adds from outside of stun lock range. He used to die one round before all of the others. Now, they all die at the same time. Definitely helps save a bit of mana.