more accounts per ip address

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XelixBanst, Feb 7, 2021.

1. XelixBanst

XelixBanst New Member

i have been getting my roommate into this game and is there a way to get my ip allowed for more than 3 active accounts? i like to play 2 and have a pocket healer. but with me getting my roommate into the game it would be nice to be allowed more than 3 accounts on at a time from the house. is there a way i can have it allowed so i can have more accounts active on my ip? (considering there are more than one actual player).

2. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Read the rules, all answers are in there :)

Devour_Souls likes this.
  3. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

4. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Be aware! Them devs will be watching if it gets approved! upload_2021-2-8_7-57-5.gif

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    Ransom likes this.
  5. XelixBanst

XelixBanst New Member

i read the link mascha posted. im still lost. lol

6. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

Here's the relevant part in the link Mascha posted:

"We have multiple players in the house, can we all have an account?
    You need to have each person create their forum account and apply for an exemption after they create their game accounts and log all the way in then out. Then make a thread in the forum petition section with the details. We only need the forum names. We used to do this via PM, but this policy is changed now. Any forum accounts that have existing game accounts are subject to denial."

As I understand it, the first person in the household doesn't need an exemption. Each person thereafter:
    1. Creates a forum account.
    2. Creates a game account.
    3. Creates a character. Logs on. Logs off. Signs out. (Creating a character may be unnecessary - it's unclear what "log all the way in then out" means, but that's my interpretation)
    4. Posts a thread in the Petition section with the forum account(s) requesting the exemption.

The last sentence makes me wonder what it means exactly... "Any forum accounts that have existing game accounts are subject to denial."

For example, my girlfriend and I have started playing together in the last couple months, but I've had my characters for years, and she made her character (she's only ever going to play one character at a time) a couple years ago. Now that she's getting familiar with the game and UI, I'd like to play 3 characters with her 1. Does that mean if we applied for an exemption for her account, but her account is already existing, she'd be denied? Does she have to create a fresh game account to get an exemption? (i.e.: she'd have to start a new character at level 1?) Or is that just the diplomatic way of saying, "We can say no if we want to."? lol

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  7. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Yea the wording is a bit convoluted. We can see about changing that.
    Edit: changed it. Not sure what was in my head when I wrote that.

Mukk likes this.
  8. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

Ok, so:

1. Create forum account
    2. Create game account(s). (If you plan on playing multiple characters, create each game account at this time. If you make a new game account to play a different character later on, a separate petition will have to be created for that account.)
    3. Create a character on each account, log them in. Log them off. Sign out of each account.
    4. Post a thread in the Petitions section of the forums (under "Closed/Resolved" -> "Exemptions"), stating the forum account names requiring exemptions.

Did I get it right? :)