Boxing vs Trader setup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mysteryman222, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Mysteryman222

Mysteryman222 New Member

Hey. I'm (essentially) new to the game and hitting a road block right at the cusp of creating my trader character. Preface: I am NOT tech savy, so communicating the issue may sound clumbsy. I hit nearly the same snag several months back when I created multiple accounts for boxing. When everything was set up and I tried to log in a window would appear overlapping the EQ screen and there was an issue getting the mouse control in its proper place. Was given instructions on a way to circumvent the issue (I type "mc hammer" in the box once i'm in the world and things click into place) but I am not able to use this trick as the trader character hasn't been built yet. I'm stuck on the newbie screen. I am able to move the mouse around but not select things. And pressing enter etc doesn't work. Again I'm NOT tech savy an lucky to have gotten everything else up and running, but would really like to get the trader set so I can sell loot. ALso I'm on a mac :0 ...

2. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

If you watch your dock when you launch a client you can click on the EQ icon when it first appears, and when the window finishes launching you’ll have mouse control

3. Mysteryman222

Mysteryman222 New Member

So I tried that, and its essentially the same problem. I can move the cursor around, but when I try to click things it 'right clicks' the EQ icon on the doc where desktops cursor rests. With my created toons im able to scroll between and click them, thereby accessing the world where the 'mc hammer trick works'. On the trader account there's no character formed yet and it wont let me click 'create a character'.

4. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

Try moving your mouse off the dock after you’ve selected the new EQ icon

5. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Launch game, click EQ icon in dock, move mouse away from dock, don't click anything else until EQ is active.

6. Mysteryman222

Mysteryman222 New Member

Totally worked. You guys rock.