Who were you on live?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dula Allazaward, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

I REALLY hope I find my old duo friend again. Was a blast necro kite duoing.
    Eutha, get yer ars on TAKP!!!

Tesadar likes this.
  2. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

nope

3. Throndor

Throndor New Member

Priscilla - Wizard - Solusek Ro Late Kunark to PoP era, Xferred to Kael with Drachentaenzer played intermittently through GoD
    Pristone - Warrior - Stromm - Sua Sponte
    Transferred both of the Above toons to Cazic circa SoD Era, renamed Priscilla Enigma, Hellfire Club
    Throndor/Thorondor/Thoromir - Chanter/Wizard/Cleric- Fippy Darkpaw - Velious to Underfoot, TL until GoD era, DB till DoDh, Citizen till SoF, Echoes of Elysium till Underfoot
    Throndor/Graump/Standoff - Chanter/Warrior/Wizard - P99 Blue - TMO, Second Sons
    Throndor - Chanter - Ragefire - Unguilded
    Throndor - Chanter - Lockjaw - Unguilded
    Christendom/Besmirch - Chanter/Paladin - P99 Teal

4. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

not sure if I remember Pristone from Sua Sponte. I was Heiggan in Sua Sponte. Singann and Kadili was the guild leader and Waaxon was the raid leader. lol

5. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Neealana was my cleric on Druzzil Ro in 1999. ( I picked that server because it was green/preferred ! ). Was in L'Malla until it dissolved. I remember Hoss; T'was a grand old guild ! Quit around Discord, as EQ became a never ending Steeplechase on a spiraling Merry-Go-Round. After 7 years, I missed the game, so started looking for a server that didn't go past POP.

Bought a Mac ( PPC ! ) to play on Al'Kabor. Everyone called me Neea , so Neea was created. The AK server was very old ( and top heavy ) so my newbie self got inspected A LOT ! Joined Temerity, as Utdaan had been very patient in answering all my Mac questions.

After AK was shut down, I tried playing on P99 Blue and Red. I am horrible at PVP ! Was so happy to hear that the old gang was getting together here !

Was never a particularly highly skilled player . Have always enjoyed the game. Thanks for recreating that AK community here !

Wellmine, Sketchy, Yinn Yang and 2 others like this.
  6. Throndor

Throndor New Member

I remember Heiggan. And Yeah, Singann with her social anxiety disorder, Waaxon raidleading etc; was there when the guild pushed through VT keying, the the march through Planar; OOW 1.5s; left shortly after DoN came out since i remember Singann tanking a few DoNs after I brought my wizard over to stromm first before moving over to Cazic.

7. Esildor

Esildor Member

I remember L’Malla as well! I was in Novus Invictus around that time .. the days of /whoing classes from the good guilds to build a group, ha!

Neealana likes this.
  8. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

ah cool. I stayed on Stromm casually playing here and there then started getting involve with eqemu / peq using EQ as part of development.

9. Slippy_Surefoot

Slippy_Surefoot Member

Started EQ shortly after launch as Slippy, a Ranger, on Solusek Ro. Joined the guild Phoenix, like Torrid, but wasn't an employee of Wizards of the Coast, but was in Seattle. Moved to Druzzil Ro and joined HOSS. Stayed through part of POP before real life and WoW came along.

This server is bringing back a lot of good memories.

10. Aparicio

Aparicio New Member

Name: Aparicio
    Class: Druid
    Race: Halfling
    Server: Solusek Ro
    Guild: Midnight, before that Crown Legion of Faydark
    Era: Kunark and Velious

Raided with Midnight with good RL friends Winadas and Roftar. Midnight was good but we were clueless high school kids. Me and Winadas came back to EQ recently and play on p99 now. I saw one cool Midnight guildie Ajjantis searching for people, not us, so I'll also throw some Midnight names out there.

Leader was Scorpio. I remember Pebble, Bruuce, Shinra/Friezza, Keyan, Dunbar, Leggo, Jhanto, Ladrim, Sindael, Sescen, Sturgh, Dakanmer? Also Doerf from Crown Legion of Faydark who then got us into Midnight. Shout out to Draygon, OG leader of Crown Legion. The feeling of nostalgia looking back can be fierce, and those days are remembered very fondly.

11. Dimitri Ex'Zemos

Dimitri Ex'Zemos Active Member

Too many different lives in EQ, but I loved them all and each of my friends.

Zemos So'mez - Troll SK - Rallos Zek - Caveo Ervum, Tempered Fury, BEAST, Darkenbane, House In'Visius
    Dimitri Ex'Zemos - Neutral DE Wiz - Sullon Zek - Tides of Wrath

Glenn Frog - Iksar Monk - Winter's Roar EQ Emu - Ruin

Dimitre Ex'Zemos - DE Wiz - Al'Kabor - Vintage, Dark Conquest, Temerity

Dimitre Ex'Zemos - DE Wiz - TKAP - Destiny, Imperium

Yinn Yang likes this.
  12. Razlon

Razlon New Member

I got ya!:
    Trot killed Dimitri in Qeynos Hills - Sun, 29 Sep 2002 02:05

13. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

and now I am back to playing on Xegony again :)
    I went and subbed and turned my necro into a heroic.
    Quite an interesting experience, a whole different game these days.

14. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

The best is when you don't log in for years and you have forgotten about most of the adventures you've had. You log in and go through your items and can immediately start remembering the stories behind and what it took to get them.

Radda, Neealana and Palarran like this.
  15. Radda

Radda People Like Me

Throndor

did you have a druid war combo? i believe i remember you, Radda the bard here from Darkblood!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  16. Pantheon

Pantheon New Member

Name: Century
    Class: Necromancer
    Race: Dark Elf
    Server: Drinal
    Time Played: 00-08
    Guild: Lords of Crom

Name: Pantheon Paragon
    Class: Beastlord
    Race: Vah Shir
    Server: Firiona Vie
    Time Played: 10-14
    Guild: Knights of the Ebon Wolves

17. Masheliak

Masheliak New Member

Name: Sheldontross
    Class: Warrior
    Server: Bertox
    Time played: 99 to 00
    No guild

Name: Masheliak
    Class: Wizard
    Server: Bertox
    Time played: 99 to 06
    Guilid: Crimson Horde Elders

18. Yinikren

Yinikren Well-Known Member

I played on Live (Bristlebane) for years with Amirite. I started in 2000ish, just before Luclin, on my dad's account. Eventually transfered off to my own account because we got a second computer and could actually play at the same time. Met Amirite in 2003-2004ish? We raided in Circle of Legends until TSS, then Live EQ faded away. We played on PEQ, P99 and now TAKP in that order. He flew across the country for my wedding in 2017 and is one of my best friends.

As for myself:
    Name: Yinikren, Koreksis, Dormak, Niluvien
    Class: 75 Necro, 63 Beastlord, 75 Rogue, 52 Druid
    Race: Gnome, Iksar, Dwarf, Wood Elf
    Server: Bristlebane

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  19. prattrs

prattrs Active Member

Fun!

Name: Tenebros
    Class: Wizard
    Race: DE obviously
    Server: Brell, then Rathe

The furthest I ever got on Live was something like GoD or OoW. I resubbed after a few years to swtich servers to the Rathe where some friends were playing in Noble Blade. I apped, did some raids, got my concussion pants, hit up Vegas with them, then quit again.

I also played a little more recently on Shards of Dalaya, the full custom emu server. I was Tovok the DE Mage there, just like on here. You could name your pet though (which also zoned with you and generally stuck around until killed), and mine was named Zweifinger (b/c it looks like the blobby elemental models have only two fingers).

Tenebros on this server is my DE cleric.

20. Little Richard

Little Richard New Member

Armandhammer Bakingsoda - Warrior - Wanderers of Vazaelle - Vazaelle Server

Modern Lover - Shadow Knight - Temerity, Pathfinders, The Horde - Al'kabor

I'm a lurker and haven't played on this server yet.

solar likes this.
  21. Tesadar

Tesadar Active Member

Played a dozen chars on Tallon Zek back in 2000-2003 or 2004
    Played in multiple guilds and Pandemonium.
    Lots of fond memories!

Played single box Tesadar on AK around 2007/08 till closure
    was in dark conquest, quit the guild and server for 1 year, came back and was invited to Destiny. Been in Destiny since.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  22. Leandel

Leandel New Member

Name: Leandel Serilis
    Class: Cleric
    Race: Dwarf
    Server: Karana -> Rathe through merger
    Guilds of note: Lost Asylum (part of Ashborne Alliance) they collapsed and largely reformed as Halcyon which later collapsed and reformed as Scarlet Phoenix
    Role: Cleric class leader for Halcyon and Scarlet Phoenix
    Played from Kunark release through 06 took about 18 months off and came back to play through Underfoot... 2010ish?

I was regularly in guilds that were the "best" of the 2nd tier guilds, which was a great place for me to be.

23. Quinas

Quinas Member

Name: Creslan, Calais, Ayron and Garamor
    Class: Wizard, Bard, Rogue, Monk
    Race: High Elf, Half Elf, Barbarian, Human
    Server: E'ci
    Guilds of Note: The Keepers and very briefly Reconstructed

Started 16 March 1999 - though The Keepers as a guild formed 3-4 months beforehand via a Through The Looking Glass (TTLG) studio forums (the makers of the game Thief The Dark Project). We actually started a mailing list which was how we on the 'High Council' privately conversed and made decisions in the early days of the guild before we started our own forums. I was pretty young and still cringe a bit when I stumble over some of my past forum posts from that era.

I stopped playing a few months after Velious released as I was finishing high school and had other things I needed to do. I popped my head back in briefly for PoP but was too busy to give the game any time. Got back into MMOs in mid-2000s and played most AAA titles and then found myself back with EQ on P99 in 2012. I played there on and off over the years until P99 Green's release finally taught me single box classic EQ grind wasn't for me anymore and I started playing TAKP.

I did briefly play on EQMac around the time the PC hack became widely known but didn't stick with it.

24. Lyrina

Lyrina Member

Lyrina Feuerlaeufer ('Firewalker' in english)
    Mage
    Human (Freeport)
    Level 59
    1999-2006

And, surprisesurpise: There is still an old Mageloentry of my char avail:
    https://eq.magelo.com/profile/1290056

Looks like, they added an 'x' to my first name, after a several servermoves. My original homeserver was 'Torvonillious'.

Phaeton likes this.
  25. MikayahEQ

MikayahEQ Well-Known Member

Finadyn | Mage | Bertoxx | Norrath Mercenaries & Shahrazad | Kunark - OoW (lost account due to shenanigans by RL "friend")

Alt-itis trying to get re-established...until...

Soliman/Buphbot | Mage/Sham | Bertoxx | Debeo Amicitia & Keepers of the Glade | OoW - SoF (took over account from retiring player in late OoW).

26. Kreator666

Kreator666 New Member

Urungus Dafungus Shadow Knight. Started on Tallon Zek and went to Stormhammer at some point and was in a guild Vexare.
    Also played a Rogue named Bizubo Bandylegs

Moved to Kane Bayle also played:
    Chaopaya - Warrior
    Yiig - Shaman
    Cierro - Ranger

27. gummab

gummab New Member

Name: Gummab Scratchass (troll ofc)
    Class: SK
    Server: AB
    Time played: 2000-2003
    Guild De Rasande also did a few raids with the SCARAB alliance

Name: Gummab and others
    Class: Every Class
    Server p99
    Time played: 2013-2020
    Guild: Europa.

Addiction has a name everquest.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  28. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

Me. Fadetree on Fennin Ro since July 1999. Was in Arcane Phalanx. Quit around GoD when it started raining high level gear in newb zones.

29. John Stark

John Stark People Like Me

I started playing on the Zebuxoruk server right about the time that Kunark was released, and my wife started playing not long after that, definitely before Velious came out. My main character early on was a Wiz named Gandalf (of course), and she played a druid named... Laurianna?

Joined a guild that I can't remember the name of now. I was doing the Staff of the Wheel quest, which was a lot of fun, and was trying to get the last rod that resides in the hand room in lower Guk. There was a trick back then IIRC where you could inch forward and grab the rod and then run like hell before you died, and then you go back in with invis/IVU and loot your corpse for the rod. I was having trouble finding my corpse and died twice looking for it, when a group that was pulling from the safe hall offered to help me out, and then offered to guild invite me. We raided Kunark and had started on Velious raids eventually before the guild imploded in the Luclin era.

By the time we found another guild (Shattered Order), we had successfully killed the Emperor in Ssra when PoP came out. never did see the inside of Vex Thal. Grouped and raided PoP, but I honestly don't remember how far we got through the planes. Definitely was in one a Terris Thule kill, did SolRo tower, CoD, Bot, and so on. I believe our first "big" PoP kill after the expansion came out was Vhaksiz the Shade.

At some point, I believe around the time LoY came out, our guild imploded and we kinda just did our own thing for a long while, farming stuff and I did a ton of trading through the Baz. We quit after Omens of War came out, deciding in very late 2004 or early 2005 that we were done buying expansion and were going to stop playing when our subscriptions ran out.

Our other characters were Robertt Dreadford (my Ogre SK) and Elizzabeth Terror (her Troll Sham). My bard was Elvsh Presley (the original! At least on Zeb) and a monk that I cannot remember the name of. Sold a lot of pp just before we quit and paid our bills for a few months from it LOL.

Anyone else play on Zeb?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  30. Oag02

Oag02 New Member

Name: Oagagak Polyphagian

Class: Warrior

Server: Tribunal

Time played: 1999 - 2004

Guild: Legendary