Does anyone have a link to my old YouTube videos?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zamiel, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Zamiel

Zamiel Member

Hello to any old friends (and enemies!) who read these forums and still play this (bad) game. I love you very much and playing with you on EQMac was a memorable experience that I won't forget. At the end of the day, when your character is deleted from Sony's servers, it is a reminder that EverQuest is not about the pixels - it's about the relationships, the drama, the memories, how far you pushed the game, and what you accomplished.

Speaking of accomplishments, on EQMac I was one of the few people on the server who pushed the boundaries of what was possible in the game. I know that I made a YouTube video showing off how to exploit Vallon Zek, as well as one about how to exploit Mujaki (I think?). Possibly others? I honestly don't remember.

Years later, I would love to be able to watch these videos again, but I can't find them. I am pretty sure I never deleted them, but I am also not able to find them from via searching YouTube for "Vallon Zek", so the videos might be unlisted.

I know that I probably made threads on the EQMac.com forums to announce the release of the videos, so I also tried looking at the archive.org backups, but it seems that while you can see a list of the threads, you can't actually drill-down into the threads themselves, which is where I would have posted the link. So I am stuck.

Does anyone have a link to these videos?

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    Break likes this.
  2. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

kei please frien

ahh yessss wouldn't that be nice if we could actually read the old forum posts on EQMac...

3. Break

Break People Like Me

I was thinking the other day that you are the only person I ever saw with a legitimate low count Tallon Zek strat. Did you ever post a video about that? It was pretty amazing to see like 10-15 people take him down.

4. Zamiel

Zamiel Member

Break <3

Fuck yeah. You're right - I seem to recall the Tallon Zek strategy being much more complicated.
    Unfortunately, I honestly don't remember what it even was.
    I think I had several clerics standing in the room below, outside of light of sight, so that they would not have to worry about the arrows. That was in combination with perma-pacifying the big ogres in the area so that the clerics would be permanently safe. Beyond that I have no idea.

And no, I dont think I made a video about Tallon Zek. If I recall correctly, I was worried about the more conservatively-minded people of the server making a big stink that I was "cheating the encounter", so I didn't think it would be appropriate. (Even though the most die-hard conservatives wouldn't bat an eye at turning in a quest-reward while invisible, or pet pulling, or many of the other "socially-acceptable" bugs.)

5. Zamiel

Zamiel Member

LOL, I found this in my backed-up hotkeys:

Imufrien was my ranger, so the strat must have been:
    - Clerics are safe 2 stairs down, not 1 stairs down
    - Ogre in the corner of the room is perma pacified.
    - Ranger stands in the corner next to the perma pacified ogre.
    - Bard groups with Ranger so that Ranger resists every possible spell
    - CH chain starts on ranger, ranger uses archery (TZ does not summon)
    - CH chain goes on indefinitely (only need 5-6 clerics for this), let ranger build up aggro for 5-10 mins, then everyone else can come in and DPS to their hearts content

So for this strat, the extra DPS actually isn't needed. Meaning that with this strat, you could do it with only 5 clerics + 2 bards + 1 ranger = 8 total people (maybe).
    [edit - I forgot that you need an enchanter and probably other classes to buff.]

There's only a few snags - one I remember is that the ogre in the corner where the ranger stands will respawn.
    It's unclear whether the ranger will be able to react fast enough to get a snare off - it would probably immediately start running down the stairs at the clerics.
    So that's where more people come in handy.

Anyways, in retrospect, this strategy wasn't as cool or as complicated as I seem to recall, so maybe there was more to it, or maybe EQ is just not that hard =p.

Break likes this.
  6. Break

Break People Like Me

From memory (probably faulty):
    • I think you had two rangers in case one died. They were also wielding Tridents of Slaughter(?) from VT for even extra resists. I thought they were standing in the entryway to TZ's room, but I'll defer to your positioning.
    • I don't recall waiting for them to build up aggro. I think he may have mem wiped his own aggro each time he shadow stepped, and as you say in your hotkeys, he arrows seem to be random (ala caster mobs casting on random PCs on their hatelist).
    • I don't remember how many clerics there were, but I think his dps was so random that a chain would have been an odd choice.
    • I seem to recall you calling out when to run back, so maybe you had figured out a timer? Or I just completely fabricated that memory.
    • I do recall a respawn at some point. I think we had at least one tank doing nothing until the repop.
    That's all I can remember.

7. Zamiel

Zamiel Member

Yup. You are right. I forgot why we needed two though, can't a cleric keep one alive?

Oh my god, yes. Let me gush about this for a bit. I remember an entire mini-game of EQMac for a span of 2 months was:

1) Doing research on Allakabor to find the best possible resist gear that rangers could wear in the entire game that was outside of the elemental planes - all other stats were irrelevant.
    2) Getting pieces for every single slot from all over the game, not just once, but for two rangers LOL

And then also all of the relevant AA that they would need (there's AA that gives extra resists, right? I don't remember.)
    It took a long while but it was really worth it.

Naw, you are probably right, I don't really remember anything about this.

Yeah, that sounds right. Building up aggro would be pointless then.

Can you really kill it with just a cleric spot healing and a ranger? That sounds too easy.

Oh yeah, that does sound familiar. Maybe the big AE was on a timer.

Yeah, I remember it always failing though and the mob immediately running down to the clerics as soon as it spawned. Really hard to react fast enough.

The TZ fight overall was definitely one of the most interesting fights in the game!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  8. Tesadar

Tesadar Active Member

I rememeber we were single pulling TZ with a shaman pet. I think? lol

9. Zamiel

Zamiel Member

Hi Tesadar. That's VZ, not TZ.

Tesadar likes this.
  10. Tesadar

Tesadar Active Member

yes yes i remember now!
    good times