New refugee from p99 mayhaps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NaanBread, Aug 8, 2020.

1. NaanBread

NaanBread New Member

So uh, in other news the Iksar duo is up to lv9, gotten a lot of help and advice from super cool person in game. Shm/nec duo working great, necro proving to be a good spot healer

2. NaanBread

NaanBread New Member

Ooh thank you !

3. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Thanks for the quotes, Torven! They do firm up the AKuracy evidence quite a bit.

4. Yarnee

Yarnee People Like Me

5. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Don’t be, posts like this happen often, big brains and prides just get a chattin and rarely helps the “poor users”.

6. NaanBread

NaanBread New Member

Tandoor and Tandoori, I like bread

7. Yarnee

Yarnee People Like Me

find me online sometime ill toss you some spare gear or plat

8. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

People play on EMU's to exploit things they didnt know back in 2002, taking that away, removes part of the reason why people come back to play imo.

Who cares about balance, as long as it doesnt make econnomy unstable?

I know there is a famous quote from Sid Meier, about preventing playings from Optimizing themselfs into trivial content, that it was a devs finest responsibility to prevent players from Min-Maxing like that.

This would have worked in a time without internet, and little spread of infomation, leveling guides etc. Today everything is widely known and there are zero to no secrets

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    lurari likes this.
  9. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Exactly! I know several played this new WOW Classic, you're telling me you didn't use some new tricks this time around that you didn't know back when playing actual classic, I would call BS if you didn't. I've heard people really use the cleric bubble or whatever for their version of pbae now. The amount of knowledge known now from when I played 20 years ago as a single box rogue is insane, it's a whole new game, and In my experience even more fun than back in the day.

10. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

The leveling game in WoW Classic is destroyed because of mages abusing pathing exploits in Maraudon and other places to AoE 300+ elite mobs at once and selling group slots to powerlevel. (not to mention economic inflation) Is this fun for the handful of mages that do it? Sure, but it comes at a steep price.

I do applaud Blizzard for fixing some things and ignoring the #nochanges whiners; but I scratch my head at why they refuse to stop the AoE nonsense.

Anyway, exploits are bad for the game because they trivialize it, removing the difficulty. The challenge is primarily where the fun and sense of accomplishment come from. People abuse all this crap and then complain that the game is too easy and amazingly don't make the connection. Furthermore in a social game like EQ, your actions affect everybody else because you rob them of having been able to achieve something; e.g. first to kill this, first to get that etc. If you get there first because you exploited your way there, then it makes the people who tried to do it legit feel like chumps.

solar likes this.
  11. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

WoW was too easy even without the exploits. The only thing in that game I could do for any length of time before getting utterly bored was pvp.

DubRemix88 likes this.
  12. gardnerjens

Wow is not really that easy, when you hit the last patch of classic

13. gardnerjens

this is the pinacle of todays gaming :)

lurari and solar like this.
  14. gardnerjens

sorry for making this very off topic. This video is also pretty interesting when talking of the derail we have headed down

lurari and solar like this.
  15. NaanBread

NaanBread New Member

So I found the forum post and wiki thing about using old spell effects, which i'm now using, but the opacity sliders don't seem to change them. If I choose to use the old stuff will it forever be @ 100%?

16. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

I've played for a decade with spell effects off to ease the burden on my overwhelmed laptop

17. Kabouter

Kabouter Member

I think so, I think the old spell effects didnt have an opacity slider?
    How did you add the old effects, just by removing the new spell effect files?

18. NaanBread

NaanBread New Member

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  19. Kabouter

Kabouter Member

Oh yeah I have the same issue, but it isn't really an issue for me I think it is classic and if I'm not mistaken p1999 has it like that as well?
    Since this is a newbie thread: is there a plan for a server reset once PoP is finished or will it just continue the way it has before?

20. DubRemix88

DubRemix88 People Like Me

My brother is Sotceh (9enc), I duo a paladin with him.

When im by myself, Im on Talyn/Thyrn (19bst/20dru)

We are both dusting off cobwebs, but hit us up if you want to group. Sotceh was hunting bb and just talked about doing bandit sashes, Im probably headed to unrest next time i log on.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  21. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Nope, no reset. We aren't progression, we are just working toward getting through PoP completed. The original AK server was launched at PoP and never moved forward.