7-22-2020

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Jul 22, 2020.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Torven

* Feigned players will now be properly factored into group experience split calculations.
    * Pet damage is no longer attributed to the owner immediately and is now added on kill. This means that the pet dying or otherwise going away will now also remove the damage credit.
    * Feigned players now receive credit for the damage their pets do.
    * The PBAoE damage experience reduction is now factored individually and not based on the top damage dealer. This means that lower level players will not be as penalized as the highest level player/top damage dealer in a group.
    * The change in NPC AI behavior to not attack enraged NPCs from last patch has been removed.
    Solar
    * tweaked fizzle code so spells with a 0 adjustment in the spell data are easier to cast - this includes most bard songs.
    * fixed a typo in spell fizzle code that makes familiar buffs help with fizzle reduction again

Database:
    Torven

* swampofnohope: black ravengers have been properly tuned and itemized.
    * ssratemple: Shissar Lich attack delays adjusted.
    * veeshan: The linked/chain aggro behavior observed when pulling the trash NPCs has been removed.
    Robregen
    * Skill: Monk duel wield skill level cap has been adjusted.
    * Faction: Anaya in West Karana is now on beta neutral
    * Ancient Burrower Hide Tunic level requirement has been removed. (next patch)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    Lyrina, Sketchy and Devour_Souls like this.
  2. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Was feign death power leveling not a thing on AK?

3. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

Is the pet change for charmed only. Seems like you should keep agro from dead pets. Some classes have the temp pets that are spells or AAs and vanish, do those now end up as agroless dps?

4. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

5. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

Could you be more specific please, Torven? I do not understand what you changed exactly. I read about the reclaim energy exploit, but what changes with summoned pets or charmed pets?

6. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

If a pet dies, despawns, poofs, gets uncharmed or otherwise drops from the hate list then all the damage credit for it is wiped. Any pet

7. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

So basically if you send your pet in on a mob with 100 HP, it does 90 damage then dies and someone else does 10 damage, the someone else will get full kill credit.

8. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

Ok, that sounds like it opens up nice possibilities. What about FD necro pet damage? Any changes there?

9. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Pet damage is now credited to the owner on kill, FD or not, such that FD players will get exp and loot rights if their pet is determined to be the highest damage dealer even while the owner is not on the hate list at all

10. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

So if you're charm killing things, and someone dispels your charm at the end, they can easily steal your kill and loot?
    Will make PoP interesting

11. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

12. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

And then they get suspended or banned. We have logs.

Charm breaks should never cause NPCs to poof. If they do, then that's faction war behavior. As far as I know, that has been taken care of. If by chance it returns then I'll fix it.

I don't know exactly how the previous logic behaved in all scenarios. I believe that simply having pet credit added to the owner on kill should match old EQ's behavior. If it doesn't match old EQ's behavior, then let me know.

13. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

That actually tracks with how I remember it on live. If you damage a mob with a charmed pet down to 5%, break charm and nuke/rot it to death, you'd get more XP than if you kill the mob with the pet.

14. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

i was under the impression that mobs above level 55 didnt poof, even when faction wared

15. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

That was after the charm nerf exp penalty, just right about when Gates of Discord was out i believe, along with the resist check modifier

16. rainessa

rainessa People Like Me

Would losing pet damage credit on it's death affect faction hits? Like if a cleric sent their wimpy hammer pet in for a faction tag and it died rather than poofing after kill?

17. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Pretty sure sending a pet will add you and the pet to the hatelist. I would doubt this change would remove you from hatelist if the pet dies.

18. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

Checked today with my bard in Iceclad, swarming cougars. Still works.