New player, first time boxing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kabouter, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

The Macro I suggested was aimed at more lower level play for a player newer to boxing.

The way it would play out is stand your priest, cast your current level heal 3 times and sit down. The reason this is valuable is it allows a single keypress to function for what is typically 5 different actions. At lower levels you are also often finding yourself with KEI and Aegolism. Meaning your current level heal is only a 5-10% heal against an HP pool with Aegolism on, and your mana is not a huge concern. So you can wait until you drop to 60% HP and then hit this hotkey to bring you back up to 75% HP. Rather than casting a heal each fight etc.

Also regarding newbie gear, you will find some of those quests aren't in game depending on race (looking at you Ogres/Trolls and some Erudite). You will also find the stats on the gear aren't the same as the stats shown on Allakhazam/Live EQ. We have the initial stat value for the gear, not the upgraded 2.0 version.

If you are all about doing quests, they are a very good experience. If you are only interested in them as a means to get better gear, you are better served farming spiderling or spider silk, selling those and then buying better stuff in the Bazaar. The choice is yours though. I have fond memories finally grabbing that Pristine Drake Scale for a newbie BP personally! However the stats are very lackluster compared to relatively cheap gear in bazaar.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  2. Foxboxx

Foxboxx People Like Me

WTS Pristine Forest Drake Scale 1 plat.

Tuluvien likes this.
  3. 98bcobra

98bcobra Member

Charisma ONLY effects the initial resist check when charm is cast with 10 CHA = -1 Resist mod up to 255 CHA (min ~ 75 cha)
    Charisma less than ~ 75 gives a postive modifier to resist checks at approximate ratio of -10 CHA = +6 Resist.
    Mez spells do same initial resist check as a above.
    Lull spells only check charisma if inital cast is resisted to see if mob will aggro, same modifier/cap as above.
    Charisma DOES NOT extend charm durations.

This is from when devs leaked live mechanics not sure if its the same here. I still take CHA as an Important stat for my enchanters. Just feel wrong not to. Given how easy the other stats are to cap. As stated above the most important aspect of charming is Mob level>mob MR

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    Cadsuane likes this.
  4. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

Waaaaaay more user friendly than hotkeynet. I had been ALT+Tab switching my trio since playing on PC, since setting up hotkeynet seemed confusing. Saw Mascha's post and decided, I'll make one of them work. I downloaded both, and spent at least 30 minutes trying to figure out hotkeynet with no luck. Decided to give Dexpot a try and had it running with hotkeys for switching in less than 10 minutes.

Worth trying imo.

Mascha likes this.
  5. Kabouter

Kabouter Member

Ok but I think they are still the same as the ones listed in the wiki right? There isn't that much newbie gear for sale in the bazaar and as of now I'm still waiting for someone to buy my spiderling silk and/or bonechips :D. I'll just do the quests with my characters, they seem easy enough and never did them on live. No rush getting to max everything.
    Leveling my cleric to lvl.5 I got 2 stacks of spiderling silk as well as 20 plat (and all my level 5 spells), just by killing critters in butcherblock. Apparently skunks now commonly drop an item worth more than 1p (can't remember that being the case on live, but I'm not complaining)
    My gnome casters are a different story, the steamfont mountains area sucks, already died 5 times with my enchanter. Nice touch to mix level 1 with level 4+ npc's that are KoS and roam, can't recall there being mountain lions in that starter pit.

Sold!

I just spread it out now INT, STA, STR, CHA

Will check it out, thanks.

6. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

My gnomes did those Steamfont armor quests. If you see me in the zone, feel free to say hello and ask for buffs )

7. MikayahEQ

MikayahEQ Well-Known Member

8. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

That is from stock EQ Emu code, not Sony/Daybreak/Darkpaw's servers. Actually I had forgotten that I left that in for us, so we have that still for charms and mez. An emu dev years back did some automated casting to come up with it. I haven't tried to verify this because the time/benefit wasn't worth it. I did remove charisma affecting fear spells though.

9. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  10. 98bcobra

98bcobra Member

Basically spells have resist modifications. Negative means its easier or resisted less. So for every 10 points in CHA over 75 you get a -1 mod to your lull/mez/charm spells. But it only effects the initial cast as a resist check. 75 and under CHA adds a positive more likely to resist mod. Like I said before this was a live mechanic so not sure how it works here. But its what I have always felt worked for my enchanters. While it also states CHA doesnt effect the duration I also feel there is some truth to that. It sure feels like they hold better with more but who knows sometimes it breaks insta. The only mechanics I know for charm while its on is every sever tick it can break and the check goes Mob level, Mob MR, Cha

11. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Thanks, that's the part I wasn't getting clearly.
    So for mez/charm on a 0 Mod resist check, at 255CHA, you effectually reduce the mob's MR (and therefor initial resist check) by (255-75)/10= -18MR ?
    Or,
    if Cha>75 then MobMR -= (Cha/10), for a -25 resist adjust - not a huge difference, just curious

Anyone happen to know the equation for Agro chance on Pacify resist?

12. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Yes! :D

Devour_Souls likes this.
  13. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

For that resist mod calculation, charisma is capped at 200; so the max effective resist reduction would be -12.

Choir and Cadsuane like this.