7-8-2020

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

Were other aggro radii tempered with on this patch?

Seems like we had more adds on pulls today in fear than we ever had before (read golems or draco or CT adding on regular pulls) but it could TOTALLY have been Slouch being a newb.

We also had issues were CT wasn't not cornering at all in the same spot we usually fight him (inside tower). Looked like spell push wasn't doing anything to push him to the corner, we made sure everyone was facing the proper way to push him towards the tank but he did not corner and kept summoning the tank out of the corner.

It almost looked like spell push had no effect, but can't say for sure without more testing.

2. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Curiouser and curiouser! I sat to test max hits, ya.

3. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Did cornering worked before this patch?

4. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Revs can spawn as necros and SKs. Necros don't hit as hard.

Nothing was (intentionally) done to spell stuns or push. I tested it locally and saw no issue.

A recent change to assist aggro (not in this patch but recently) can result in chain aggro if you pull with a spell that has a recourse effect and distant NPCs happen to be overlapping in assist radii. Note this is Live behavior as well, and our assist logic is a mix of Live behavior combined an assist limit mentioned in an old dev quote that I'm not sure should be there, but anyway that's what it is. That might explain what you saw.

Fear golems have a larger assist radius as well.

5. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Just touching the wall near the racnars gets you 3 drakes + Phara dar + 2 racnars, heh...
    It's an absolute cluster trying to figure out how to do this mob

6. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

The issue is primarily due to VP mobs being flagged to always call for help. This flag's behavior was changed recently and I've learned that it was rarely applied. I'll unflag them.

7. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Ah, that clears it up. I did an hour of charm exp with a max-damage rev (400 hitter, SK, hasted and weaponized with a worn haste item), crawling around the first floor. The AA rate was about the same as pre-patch levels, maybe slightly faster. Revs do less damage, but we need less exp per AA so it pretty much balances out.

With necro revs hitting a lot lighter, though, it may take more set-up to spawn a decent SK pet.

8. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Thank you for looking into the VP mechanics and the call for help. Hopefully the content will be doable again in the near future.

9. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Like Ring of Fear?

Mechaike and Mokli like this.
  10. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Did ring of fear get broken or something? we did it a while ago and it seemed fine and not too hard.

11. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

yes never had an issue before. the problem wasn't so much with cornering but more with spells not 'pushing' in the direction we were facing. More tests to come on that soon.

12. 98bcobra

98bcobra Member

Afaik Veeshan always worked like this. Minions and Dragons are on different factions. Minions assist the dragons but the dragons dont assist the minions. Thats why a RoS faction trainup persons works well the dragon never aggros or socials.

13. 98bcobra

98bcobra Member

And everything but dragons have a super small aggro radius.

14. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

Using jboots indoors correctly displays the "you can only cast this spell in the outdoors" message but it incorrectly greys out spells for the 2s global cooldown

15. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

Yea I'm not sure about that but it probably shouldn't be usable for resetting spell gems indoors?

16. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

Correct. It shouldn't reset spell gems but should only grey out the spells for the normal split-second

17. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I've noticed there are some spell gem grey out issues all across the board. Few times I was casting a normal cleric heal or something, and canceling it would grey out my spell gems for 4-5 seconds. Same with coth if it gets cancelled or interrupted, the spell gem gets greyed out for the full duration even though the spell didn't land. I try to replicate it next time to get some info for bug report.

Clicking jboots indoors shouldn't grey out all your spells, this is a recent bug issue. I couldn't replicate it right now, but I'm sure it happens under some conditions.

We're not talking about insta clicky spell cooldown refresh, this is like the opposite.

18. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I thought this didn't work at all on AK?

19. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

It actually says its broken in AK profiles.

20. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Yeah, I think Brilliance of Ro and related effects did nothing on AK. A few quotes from 2005-6 on the Tem boards:

The links Kyth cited no longer exist, but here's a wayback machine archive of the shaman one.

21. Nakunaru

Nakunaru People Like Me

22. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

Thanks @solar a much needed AK era bug fix!

23. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

yah that instaclicky fix was a huge deal for me, thanks a ton!

Devour_Souls likes this.
  24. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

The fizzle check has a small mistake, it's not adding the effect from familiar and intellectual superiority right now, but I fixed it for next patch. The Brilliance of Ro focus does work and helps reduce fizzles - I just messed up the buff based ones but they provide the same benefit as this focus. The lowest you can get your fizzle rate is 2% for the 7 casters and 5% for everyone else. The hardest spells to cast are the level 50-55 (inclusive) ones with a fizzle adjustment, like Circle of Winter. Level 56+ spells don't use a fizzle adjustment and are generally easier to cast.

25. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

No idea if it was this patch or the last, but using range attack now stops bard singing and lights up all the spell gems.

26. sowislifesowislove

hmm couldn't delete or edit last post...nevermind, user error

27. sowislifesowislove

No idea if its this patch or the last, as i haven't played my bard since the prior, but holy crap am I getting much higher % of fizzles/missed notes on bard.

28. RossGuy

RossGuy Well-Known Member

I've noticed more missed notes on my bard as well.