7-8-2020

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Jul 8, 2020.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Torven

* The amount of experience required for an AA point has been reduced. For those killing lower level dark blues, you will now gain AAs about 28% faster than previously.
    * The high level kill bonus experience multiplier, which only applies to level 51+ players, is now more accurate. This now only applies to NPCs +/-5 levels from the player's level.
    * Hell Level Balance Multipliers are now implemented. This removes hell levels but overall experience needed to reach level cap remains the same.
    * Racial modifiers for AA exp will work better now. Note that racial modifiers do not apply to AA EXP if it is set to 100% but will if your experience is split between AAs and level. Beware if you're a fatty or lizard.
    * Players level 5 and under now have an artificial ZEM of 100 if the current zone ZEM is less than that.
    * Light blue exp is now hardcoded to be 20% for most levels, however at higher levels the top level light blues end up 80% or 60%.
    * NPCs that aren't pets will now refuse to attack an enraged front facing NPC. This will not cause target changes.
    Solar
    * Changed these spells back to beneficial so they match focus effect limit filters properly:
    34 Superior Camouflage
    42 Invisibility
    235 Invisibility versus Undead
    247 Camouflage
    255 Invisibility versus Animals
    894 Invisibility versus Animal
    1576 Torpor
    1771 Call of the Hero
    This will make the Nightcaller Leggings and such work on them so they match client behavior.
    * tweaked spell clicky rate limit logic to be more forgiving of a few rapid clicks
    * make horse bridle fail to cast if already mounted
    * tweaked the way some spell cast failures happen when checking requirements for casting, to interrupt before it begins casting and not spam other players
    * Fizzling burns 40% of the mana cost of the spell, previously this was 25%. This value is capped to 1/8th of mana pool size.
    * Superior Healing has its fizzle adjustment set to 0 for non-clerics which makes all 3 priests equally good at casting this even though they get it at a higher level so it's naturally harder to cast.
    * The fizzle adjustment is set to 0 for spells level 56+ (level 41+ for PAL/RNG/SHD)
    * Specialization and Spell Casting Mastery make a big difference and for the typical character with 255 primary stat and SCM3 I see less fizzles. For characters without SCM it seems worse.
    * The Brilliance of Ro focus found on a few items and the same effect provided by wizard familiars and enchanter buffs helps a lot.
    Robregen
    * Allow rule access from lua
    * Adds dynamic rule capabilities to quests in LUA

Database:
    Torven

* ssratemple: Several issues were found with Shissar Revenant stats, levels and spell sets and these have been corrected.
    * veeshan: Minions and dragons will now assist each other again.
    * fungusgrove: Ignore range increased to 375.
    * thedeep: Ignore range increased to 375.
    Robregen
    * Tradeskill: Added a missing recipe for Small Ornate Electrum Coif
    * Tradeskill: Added a missing recipe for Small Ornate Electrum Veil
    * Zonepoints between East Commonlands and West Commonlands should now be more reliable.

Script
    Robregen

* Statue Cycle should now be saved in case of a server reboot. Biweekly reset will not be saved
    * Rhags Cycle should now be saved in case of a server reboot. Biweekly reset will not be saved

Lyrina, Mechaike, Linkamus and 4 others like this.
  2. badpoet

badpoet Member

I know the experience changes discussion has been done to death, but if anything smoothing out hell levels and decreasing overall xp needed for AA are much-needed changes.

Thank you!

3. Ryde1

Ryde1 New Member

Seems to be a bug with casting a high level spell on a low level player. You get the message, it casts, but then your spell gems never refresh and you can't cast another spell till you log out.

4. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

Wow! Great patch. You guys have been busy. Thanks for your work!

5. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

What was incorrect about them? I’m sure these guys were used a lot on AK so a wealth of data backs up the changes? As always thanks for what you do Devs.

6. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Revenants appear to have the same max hit and resists still. They do seem to be swinging noticeably slower which will greatly reduce their DPS output though.

I also was noticing that about 1 out of 4 kills in Ssra in a trio were resulting in 0% AA EXP. My guess is this is the new EXP changes but I would've assumed it should've increased not decreased killing low blues for AAs. I was damaging every mob with at least 1 point of damage so it shouldn't be pet steal issues.

Regarding Veeshan's Peak change... why? The dragons and minions were on different factions on AK and would not assist each other. A similar behavior occurred in Plane of Water on AK. The animals (fish/turtles/shark) would not assist the Mephits because they were on different faction tables.

Some different faction tables were set to assist each other but these two cases were exceptions. Most people just didn't know some of these unique non-assist behaviors because the mobs were all KoS and would proxy aggro, rather than assist aggro.

Linkamus, Mokli, Slayzz and 2 others like this.
  7. badpoet

badpoet Member

You literally can't cast a spell without fizzles on a hybrid (Beastlord) right now. Not even a level 15 pet (15 fizzles in a row, still no pet). We don't have Spell Casting Mastery. So, I'm a Beastlord with no pet.

RichardCox, Walex and KydentheCruel like this.
  8. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

wow. Real bummer. Did you ever mess with them on AK? Any logs showing this should be the case?

9. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

Messed this up sorry. It's just beastlord.

Linkamus and KydentheCruel like this.
  10. badpoet

badpoet Member

Any chance for a hot fix?

RichardCox and KydentheCruel like this.
  11. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I didn't notice that on my SK just now, but her skills are maxed with the exception of divination, which was just under 200. I did notice an FD fizzle, can't remember the last time I fizzled FD.

12. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Nah I only did VT Keys and VotS camps in Ssra never really charmed revs. The only logs I have from a rev attacking are:

[Thu Apr 25 19:55:23 2013] A Shissar Revenant tries to hit YOU, but misses!
    [Thu Apr 25 19:55:23 2013] A Shissar Revenant tries to hit YOU, but misses!
    [Thu Apr 25 19:55:27 2013] A Shissar Revenant tries to hit YOU, but misses!
    [Thu Apr 25 19:55:30 2013] a Shissar Revenant was hit by non-melee for 35 points of damage.
    [Thu Apr 25 19:55:30 2013] A Shissar Revenant hits YOU for 31 points of damage.

[Wed Feb 06 07:42:59 2013] A Shissar Revenant tries to hit YOU, but misses!
    [Wed Feb 06 07:42:59 2013] A Shissar Revenant tries to kick YOU, but YOUR magical skin absorbs the blow!
    [Wed Feb 06 07:43:03 2013] A Shissar Revenant tries to hit YOU, but YOUR magical skin absorbs the blow!
    [Wed Feb 06 07:43:03 2013] A Shissar Revenant tries to hit YOU, but YOUR magical skin absorbs the blow!
    [Wed Feb 06 07:43:05 2013] A Shissar Revenant tries to hit YOU, but YOUR magical skin absorbs the blow!
    [Wed Feb 06 07:43:07 2013] A Shissar Revenant tries to hit YOU, but YOUR magical skin absorbs the blow!
    [Wed Feb 06 07:43:10 2013] A Shissar Revenant tries to hit YOU, but YOUR magical skin absorbs the blow!
    [Wed Feb 06 07:43:12 2013] A Shissar Revenant tries to hit YOU, but YOUR magical skin absorbs the blow!
    [Wed Feb 06 07:43:14 2013] A Shissar Revenant tries to hit YOU, but YOUR magical skin absorbs the blow!
    [Wed Feb 06 07:43:14 2013] A Shissar Revenant tries to hit YOU, but YOUR magical skin absorbs the blow!

Seems like a attack rate of 2-3 seconds between swings without haste.

[Wed Jul 08 10:15:49 2020] A Shissar Revenant hits YOU for 386 points of damage.
    [Wed Jul 08 10:15:52 2020] A Shissar Revenant hits YOU for 162 points of damage.

I didn't get many logs on TAKP before I charmed it to test out the damage on it. But with VoG and dual wield weapons, it is hitting around every 2 seconds.

[Wed Jul 08 10:36:47 2020] A Shissar Revenant crushes A Temple Patroller for 398 points of damage.
    [Wed Jul 08 10:36:48 2020] A Shissar Revenant crushes A Temple Patroller for 249 points of damage.
    [Wed Jul 08 10:36:50 2020] A Shissar Revenant crushes A Temple Patroller for 398 points of damage.
    [Wed Jul 08 10:36:50 2020] A Shissar Revenant crushes A Temple Patroller for 348 points of damage.
    [Wed Jul 08 10:36:50 2020] A Shissar Revenant slashes A Temple Patroller for 212 points of damage.
    [Wed Jul 08 10:36:50 2020] A Shissar Revenant slashes A Temple Patroller for 398 points of damage.
    [Wed Jul 08 10:36:52 2020] A Shissar Revenant crushes A Temple Patroller for 398 points of damage.
    [Wed Jul 08 10:36:52 2020] A Shissar Revenant slashes A Temple Patroller for 262 points of damage.
    [Wed Jul 08 10:36:52 2020] A Shissar Revenant slashes A Temple Patroller for 262 points of damage.
    [Wed Jul 08 10:36:54 2020] A Shissar Revenant crushes A Temple Patroller for 336 points of damage.
    [Wed Jul 08 10:36:56 2020] A Shissar Revenant slashes A Temple Patroller for 398 points of damage.
    [Wed Jul 08 10:36:57 2020] A Shissar Revenant crushes A Temple Patroller for 373 points of damage.
    [Wed Jul 08 10:36:57 2020] A Shissar Revenant slashes A Temple Patroller for 249 points of damage.
    [Wed Jul 08 10:36:57 2020] A Shissar Revenant slashes A Temple Patroller for 274 points of damage.
    [Wed Jul 08 10:36:59 2020] A Shissar Revenant crushes A Temple Patroller for 299 points of damage.
    [Wed Jul 08 10:36:59 2020] A Shissar Revenant slashes A Temple Patroller for 212 points of damage.
    [Wed Jul 08 10:37:01 2020] A Shissar Revenant crushes A Temple Patroller for 274 points of damage.
    [Wed Jul 08 10:37:01 2020] A Shissar Revenant crushes A Temple Patroller for 187 points of damage.
    [Wed Jul 08 10:37:01 2020] A Shissar Revenant slashes A Temple Patroller for 274 points of damage.
    [Wed Jul 08 10:37:02 2020] A Shissar Revenant bashes A Temple Patroller for 162 points of damage.
    [Wed Jul 08 10:37:03 2020] A Shissar Revenant crushes A Temple Patroller for 398 points of damage.
    [Wed Jul 08 10:37:03 2020] A Shissar Revenant slashes A Temple Patroller for 262 points of damage.

13. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this, I'll fix it.

KydentheCruel likes this.
  14. robregen

I will hotfix in in a hour or so.

15. badpoet

badpoet Member

Thanks.

16. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Good stuff this patch!

Minor issue, and maybe this is being done for reasons other than AKuracy (do enraged NPCs on enraged pets cause problems?), but on Al'Kabor, in the situation where your charm pet and the mob it's fighting both enraged, both kept attacking and both kept losing health.

17. robregen

HOTFIX Notes
    Code:
    Solar

* fix Beastlord Fizzle
    * fix interrupt for spell too powerful message

RichardCox, Linkamus and Neealana like this.
  18. anotheregostar

anotheregostar Well-Known Member

Thanks for the fix Rob and Solar!

19. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Guardian Wurm with DS from Silverwing, nowhere near the drakes:
    [Sun Jul 15 15:30:14 2012] Ablaze pierces guardian wurm for 77 points of damage.
    [Sun Jul 15 15:30:14 2012] Ablaze was burned.
    [Sun Jul 15 15:30:14 2012] Ablaze pierces guardian wurm for 30 points of damage.
    [Sun Jul 15 15:30:14 2012] Ablaze pierces guardian wurm for 59 points of damage.
    [Sun Jul 15 15:30:14 2012] Ablaze pierces guardian wurm for 33 points of damage.

[Thu Sep 19 23:47:44 2002] Andaas tells the group, 'well.. an invis person can pull a dragon past racs and wurms'
    [Thu Sep 19 23:47:58 2002] Rika tells the group, 'kinda'
    [Thu Sep 19 23:48:08 2002] Andaas tells the group, 'its not perfect'
    [Thu Sep 19 23:48:21 2002] Rika tells the group, 'the wurms will still be agro'
    [Thu Sep 19 23:48:36 2002] Rika tells the group, 'but the pathing on agro wurms and dragons here is horrible at a distance'

[Sat Jun 9 02:27:39 2007] Zorblak tells the raid, 'Now everyone sees how far the wanderers come, so that's why we need to pull mobs all the way back here, so we don't get adds.'
    [Sat Jun 9 02:35:01 2007] Zorblak tells the raid, 'We lasted pretty long, given the surprise pull with adds that we got. We'll do better this time, as we'll be ready for it.'
    [Sat Jun 9 02:35:49 2007] Cromis tells the raid, 'we want to watch his pathing and clear possible adds before we engage him'
    [Sat Jun 9 02:50:53 2007] Cromis tells the raid, 'we want to keep it clear far enough back in if we can that we can grab silverwing with as few adds as possible, so keep bringing mobs'

The reason why Racnars don't add is because their aggro radius is small.

20. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Code:
    [ Only registered users can see the bbcode. Click Here To Register... ]

21. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

From an AK log:

Fight #3 [1] A Shissar Revenant - Fri Nov 15 02:36:00 2013 - Duration: 2m 45s
    Rounds: 36; Bashes: 15; Dmg Type(s): hit; Swings: 54 (On You: 57)
    rounds with 1 swings: 18 (50%)
    rounds with 2 swings: 18 (50%)

Avg pre-slow round delay: 3.516; Rounds/sec: 0.284; Swings/sec: 0.458
    Preslow Swings: 50; Preslow time: 109; Avg Swings/Round: 1.562
    Adjusting for 3 outliers, 0 double rounds, and 2 post-cast rounds
    Adjusted avg pre-slow round delay: 2.777; Adjusted rounds per second: 0.36
    (2)3(2)3(C1)3(2)3(1)3(1)2(2)3(1)3(2)3(2)3(1)2(2)3(2)9(O2)4(1)3(2)3(2)3(2)2(2)3(2)3(1)3(2)3(1)2(1)3(1)13(O2)2(1)9(OC1)3(1)2(1)3(1)2(1)

Matched Live's 2.8 value.

It was not uncommon for Sony to have granted high max damage NPCs a slower attack delay. Unfortunately this NPC escaped my scrutiny as I had no idea it would be 'special' when I was going over the zone. Most common NPCs have computed defaults for some statistics because it's impossible for one guy to parse tens of thousands of NPCs and most of them would end up highly predictable anyway, although I still had reason to check this one.

Cadsuane likes this.
  22. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Torven, what leads you to believe that the mobs in your logs have stopped swinging and aren't just being riposted?

If someone has a log of two enraged NPCs fighting each other, it should pretty obvious that they're not just standing around.

23. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

The guy in this log (which is 176 megs) apparently happened to have turned other's misses off and back on again several times and virtually every single instance where NPCs were attacking enraged pets was when they were off. But I just did find an instance at the very end of it with an NPC attacking an enraged pet. So yeah, I screwed up. I thought Sony might have done that to prevent infinite riposte loops. I'll revert it.

24. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Changing veeshan's peak is just mind boggling crazy, nobody kills those mobs as is and now we have even less content do enjoy. I don't see how those logs really prove dragons and minions assisted each other, its ambiguous at best and could have been result of any kind of pulling or other mobs agro. Bizzare nerfs

sowislifesowislove likes this.
  25. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Thanks for checking!

I think what they actually did - and I have no proof, but I remember it because it's so weird - was to make it so that double-enrage (and likely enrage-riposte disc) results in both effects being ignored and everything swinging normally until one effect or the other expires.

You'd think they'd have just made it so that you couldn't riposte a riposte but no. Forget to back your hasted, dual-wielding BoT elemental off that slowed kriger, and the kriger becomes a riposting buzzsaw when it enrages ... until the elemental also enrages, at which point the elemental dispatches the kriger in short order instead of the other way around, because neither mob is riposting anything.

26. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I almost forgot; the reason why I was even looking for that is this:

[Sat Oct 29 21:21:07 2005] You tell _:6, 'When I swarm kite with Volo in ME, for example. If my pet enrages, all the other mobs stop attacking until rage ends.'

Can anyone explain this?

27. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I had no idea they weren't assisting. Rob changed the factions long after I worked on the zone.

The dragons had an aggro radius of either 500 or 600 units on AK. If the trash did not assist, then pulling them to the zone-in solo would have been as trivial as simply walking up the zone-in bridge a short distance. There would have been no need to go into the safe spot near Hoshkar's lair and that wouldn't have been a thing guilds ever did.

Furthermore NPCs buff NPCs that they assist, even if they are on different factions.

28. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Before the patch, revs maxed for 396 at level 51, 398 at 52, 400 at 53, and 402 at 54. After the patch, they appear to max for 396 at 51, 281 at 52, 283 at 53, and ??? at 54 (285 maybe? I didn't spawn one at this level). That 396 seems like an outlier -- donno if the level 51 revs escaped the fix, or if the level 52+ revs are inAKurate. Seemed worth reporting regardless!

29. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

The 52 I charmed earlier today was hitting for 398. Were you sitting to test the max hits?

30. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I can't explain the comment you quote about swarm kiting in ME. It's not consistent with any behavior I ever observed around charm and enrage on AK, but I never did any swarm kiting, either.

The VP change seems plausibly AKurate. You could trivially pull any dragon in the zone solo by bellowing it from far away, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that was the result of extremely short leash ranges on the trash and extremely long leash ranges on the dragons.

The change does combine with VP's LoS-free status to create a little bit of a mess, though: for example, tagging a racnar outside of Phara Dar's lair gets you the racnar, all three lava drakes, and Phara Dar herself. You might want to think about lowering the aggro/assist radii of the dragons again.