6-24-2020

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Jun 24, 2020.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Torven

* Experience has been reduced when killing NPCs using PBAoE spells within a certain level range. This was AK behavior. A thread with more information on this and upcoming experience changes will be posted later today.
    * Minor adjustment to the group exp split calculation: +5 is now added to everybody's level before the weighted average division, resulting in a much more even split at very low levels.
    * The range check in exp calculations was not always functioning and this was fixed.
    * When players with a charmed pet are themselves charmed, their pet will now simply break charm and deaggro instead of depop.
    * Charmed players were not attacking other players and this was fixed.
    * Charmed players will now always face their targets in melee range.
    * Blind will now take into account whether or not the NPC's target is moving when determining how frequently the NPC moves to a random waypoint or toward the player. Stationary targets will result in much more random waypoints.
    * Blind NPCs now run at their full movement rate.
    * Pet hold has been fixed.

Database:
    Torven

* templeveeshan: Assist radii reduced for most trash NPCs in the zone.
    * templeveeshan: Arreken Skyward now loiters longer.
    * fungusgrove: Run speeds adjusted for some NPCs.
    Robregen
    * reduced light blue experience
    * reduced raid experience

Misc:
    Haynar

* fixed some bad pathing for Akeva, Droga, and Sebilis

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  2. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Ouch, I thought raid exp was already incredibly awful. How does the change work? (if that is covered in the mentioned upcoming AE EXP post ignore this)

Yay for pet hold!

Ripwind and Mokli like this.
  3. robregen

raid experience was set in rule table so they can be changed on the fly.

4. robregen

There was some restructuring with some of those packet structs. hopefully there would be no more issues.

Hotfix
    * Fixed an issue with cancel trade not working.

5. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

Was something changed recently with respect to casters gating? I'm seeing robes in Maiden suddenly gating all the time now rather short distances when they never used to do this.

6. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I had discovered that Raid exp should be 60% of normal. Before it was 100%. Raids also exclude group bonuses.

Essentially before today what a raid of 6 people were experiencing was what exp would have been like on PC EQ in 2002 in a 6 man group. Enjoy your AK bonuses

7. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

Mobs appear to run back to spawn points (at least in maiden) when agro is lost. I think they should be walking.

8. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

I'm not sure why, but insta-clicky speed is considerable slower than it was, on both PC and Mac client. My normal muscle memory for double clicking on two different machines with two different hands is not generating two clicks when I am pressing the button twice.

9. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

From the 6/10 notes

10. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

Might be fixable so a single click refreshes the gems, I haven't really played with that.

11. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

Is making the clicky spam the same as it was on AK out of the question? Are we stuck with the current rate permanently? There should be some benefit to pressing the button quickly in my humble opinion. This is a seriously negative effect to certain playstyles, and respectfully, it's not AKurate.

12. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

I have noticed this change when doing my re-charm routine. It's not just a matter of my jboots are moving slower. I can't speak to the AKurracy as I was but lowly PC trash playing near the end of the server life. I do know how deeply ingrained muscle memory is into our brains that I believe Devour when he says it isn't AKurate. Once you learn to ride a bike you never forget. Well, unless you suffer brain trauma but I see no indication of any in Devour.

Not trying to dogpile here solar, yah do good work, just wanted to mention I was having a similar experience.

13. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

Thanks this is good feedback, will see what I can do.