The slap in the face that is RMT.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Speedz, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Just watched this this morning.

This guy's just a troll and the effort was pretty weak. I'm not impressed. The key to trolling like this, my dude, is to manifest doubt. Everyone here knows our devs work hard for free. Those of us that donate know that it's being well spent. Everyone knows that you're wrong and that you're sad, about what we do not care.

Speedz likes this.
  2. Cerberus

Cerberus Active Member

Hey Curtis your already infamous for wearing your kkk hood to Santee Vons grocery store in California so get bent douche
    Also I am the only one that's allow to....
    "GREAT way to piss off the entire community from Admins to players alike."

actualspaide and Speedz like this.
  3. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

Legal implications aside, even if the devs took any and all of the money I've donated to the project, and spent it on beer, jet skis, or go-karts, I'd say it was money well spent. I don't really care where the money goes, so long as I can keep logging into the game.

But ya. Obviously this Curtis guy is just a bad troll.

4. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I wish devs would take more of my money.

Devour_Souls and Linkamus like this.
  5. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

images (3).jpeg

Tesadar and Linkamus like this.
  6. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

And this is why we do this. We not only grew up with this game, but I'd have to say even with the weird bickering at times, we have one of the best gaming communities I have ever seen.

7. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

I may catch flak for this, but I've always thought the special atmosphere and magic that AK breeds came from its origins as a Mac community. An opressed origin, trying to computer game in a world not built for them. Not because people with macs were special necessarily, but because this was the only place you could go, the Oasis in the desert.

Onebad and lurari like this.
  8. Yarnee

Yarnee People Like Me

Yea i agree tulu, there was a general sense of fear when the PC hack came to AK that it would ruin the community, we kind of banded together and fought against it

Tesadar, Starsha and Tuluvien like this.
  9. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Lol. I lost so much money from working on this project in opportunity costs that I regret having gotten involved in the first place.

Just for the sake of argument, if $1000/mo were true and it all went into our pockets: that's 1000 divided six or more ways. That would amount to like a dollar an hour for me.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    Tesadar, Walex, Ripwind and 3 others like this.
  10. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

That is a sentiment that you, and you alone, hold, I'm sure. I couldn't be more thankful for the contribution you and the other devs have made here. You guys have touched a lot of people with your work here.

Culkasi likes this.
  11. Yarnee

Yarnee People Like Me

Torven is my favorite person in the world. At first I was really upset by some of the changes Torven advocated for, but then i realized how much better its made the game. I am so grateful for everything each dev does here. I dont know where half of us would be if this server didnt exist, its the greatest place on earth imo. Screw the guy who reopened this thread.

Culkasi and showstring like this.
  12. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I'm pleased with what we've managed to achieve here, which is far better than I had ever expected when I started, but it came at a large personal cost. And not merely monetary; I abandoned my friends in other games to devote myself to this project

Tesadar, Linkamus and showstring like this.
  13. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

14. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Is the entertainment value of this server worth at least a few cents per hour to you?
    Do you want PoP?
    Is your personal net worth higher than an squirrel?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you should consider donating to Torven now. Send him a PM on Discord for more info.

Yarnee and Cadsuane like this.
  15. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I appreciate the sentiment but I'm not the only developer.

Darkpaw's finances and management are motivating me more than anything else

16. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Maybe we could chip in and buy their EverQuest IP and assets for $1,050 (final offer)

17. Grosk

Grosk Member

This POS is a troll..

We love our devs, end of story.. these guys work their tails off (that's a serious understatement) pouring countless HOURS upon HOURS to bring this dream into reality.
    This has been over HALF A DECADE, of rigorous coding, babysitting, flame posts, and bullshit for these guys to ensure we have a server to log in and enjoy.

Don't mind these idiots, I feel like I can speak for the entire community and say we can't express just how much we appreciate everything that you guys do.
    Maybe this server should consider going to invite only from this point on, if this is the type of new "player" that wants to join our awesome little community.

Devs, keep up the good work.. and thank you so much for everything you do.

Tesadar and Golur like this.
  18. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Just trying to do one PoP zone has showed me the tedium Torven has to endure to bring us PoP - ignore the troll keep up the good work.

19. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Yeah, some Temerity folks have been helping a lot lately with emotes immunities and a few other things. You guys deserve a shout-out for sure. Thanks guys

Esildor, Walex, Cadsuane and 2 others like this.
  20. Esildor

Esildor Member

Probably not interested, but, I’d be happy to provide Dropbox space for the backup. My business account has 15TB of cloud available with less than 1TB in use.

Edit: Minsc and I are only like 45-48 or something and haven’t played since the world went nuts, but, appreciate all the hard work you guys put in.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    Ransom, lurari and showstring like this.
  21. curtis

curtis New Member

Hey, im just sayin what i see. Dont hate. And if Admins wanna be mad cause of my opinion,. let em. It says goal is 20 ,but it has over 1000. Am i wrong ?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  22. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Plenty was said in replies we owe you nothing. I suggest reading, maybe it isn't your strongest skill?

Walex likes this.
  23. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

Neither is successfully trolling, apparently.

24. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

We're still on this? My god talk about beating a dead horse.

lurari likes this.
  25. Cerberus

Cerberus Active Member

LoL I am Canadian we do not beat dead horses we club baby seals and Curtis you looking like a nice fat baby seal ! Taking trash that's a clubbing, beening a troll that's a clubbing, having a forum named Curtis that's definitely a clubbing. Hahaha

26. Ugmar

Ugmar Member

Honestly this just reminded me I need to donate.

Thanks for the server. It's awesome.

Tesadar, Ripwind, Tuluvien and 4 others like this.
  27. Valik

Valik New Member

RMT is bad. Floods the market with high end items like fungi tunics which low level characters buy and they shouldn't have them. I get that. But I find it ironic that the same players who argue this very often (if not most of the time) also buy these tunics for their lowbie alts that shouldn't have them. Just because you played one character up to a high level and earned lots of plat doesn't make it good to use that money on your level 1 alts t give them high end armor without earning it on THAT character. When you do that you confuse what the character has earned with what you feel the player has earned, which is truly just justifying the same behavior you are attacking in someone else.

28. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

That's absurd, to equate hard earned twinking with RMT. Shut up.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
    krape, pakman, Onebad and 5 others like this.
  29. Yarnee

Yarnee People Like Me

In soviet rasha, platinums RMT you

Tuluvien likes this.
  30. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

This is such an insane piece of EQMac history. EQ was so intense back then when real money was involved. Well, it can still be intense at times, just in a different way.

showstring likes this.