Misc feedback requests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torven, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

[Fri Jun 15 19:08:56 2012] A Wandering Spirit quickly grabs the amulet and crescent symbol before speaking. 'At long last! I can now rest in peace along with my fellow brethren. Thank you Darchon. May the might of Marr follow you wherever you may go.'
    [Fri Jun 15 19:08:56 2012] You gain experience!!
    [Fri Jun 15 19:08:59 2012] A Wandering Spirit regards you indifferently -- what would you like your tombstone to say?

That is as far as I got it seems. Don't have any logs of the shield/sword in my logs. Guessing I just never killed the mobs that dropped them.

2. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

The quest is no longer doable on Live servers, so I have to try and recreate it from bits of pieces of information. I'm not even sure if the supposed human form version spawned on AK

3. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Does anybody have any clue as to how The Sleep Walker's spawn behavior works?

4. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

Is that the gem guy in the cave in valor? I thought he had a ph that had a chance to spawn the named.

5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I thought I killed him a lot more than my logs show but:

[Sat Nov 10 04:43:00 2012] The Sleep Walker has become ENRAGED.
    [Mon Nov 12 02:29:37 2012] The Sleep Walker has become ENRAGED.
    [Sat Nov 17 22:16:47 2012] The Sleep Walker has become ENRAGED.
    [Fri Nov 23 19:35:49 2012] The Sleep Walker has become ENRAGED.
    [Mon Dec 17 04:30:01 2012] The Sleep Walker has become ENRAGED.
    [Tue Apr 23 11:03:00 2013] The Sleep Walker has become ENRAGED.
    [Sat Jun 08 21:32:57 2013] The Sleep Walker has become ENRAGED.

The first two I think are the most useful logs, it does show him spawning in <2 days. Resets were on a Wednesday so that shouldn't factor in here.

Before I checked my logs I was assuming he was like a 3 day spawn, but after seing this I am guessing he may have been a 24 hour spawn. Perhaps a 2-3 day one? Sadly I don't have anything definitive.

6. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

It has atypical spawn behavior. It spawns an invisible man when killed, and allakhazam comments suggest that the respawn time could vary tremendously or otherwise had some unknown trigger(s).

7. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

From a 2017 patch note:

Reduced the respawn time of The Sleep Walker in Plane of Valor.

so his current behavior on live is probly different.

he seems to be around 24h on live, darchons logs seems to point at 48 for ak. I don’t believe there ever was a mechanic to make him spawn faster but usually an invisible npc is tied to some sort of trigger so yeah, it’s odd.

8. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Interesting.

I don't recall him being extremely difficult to find up, but then AK was a fairly quiet server. The caves were probably the most common PuG camp on the entire server so if it were a triggered spawn based on a trash kill like Minotaur Hero, it would explain why I don't recall finding him up to be extremely difficult.

Based on these quotes:

It seems pretty clear he was triggered and based on the time frames between spawns some people cite, he can immediately respawn.

I am of course omitting several posts of "here for 6 hours, here for 10 hours, no spawn" etc. So RNG was in the favor of the posters quoted.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  9. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

He def doesn’t have a PH like that last post says since he pops in front of the rock where nothing else spawns, but it seems to have a wild random in his spawn timer according to the other posts.

10. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

well, clearly my memory did not serve me well / i didn't understand the spawn mechanism when I was there. but the chance to get several while killing in that cave definitely sounds right to me.

11. Palarran

Palarran Well-Known Member

Could it be sort of like Vaniki, except with immediate respawns upon death/despawn? (X% chance of spawning the named, otherwise an invisible placeholder that despawns after Y minutes?)

12. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

While doing loot for PoDisease I noticed that Sony had added parchment drops to mobs that did not drop them on AK. If they did this there, then there could be other places where they later added them. So feedback regarding which common NPCs dropped them and which did not would be helpful in ensuring that I don't grant drops to NPCs that should not have them.

13. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Did Aerin`Dar ever charge the port-in location after clicking the orb on AK?

14. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Not any time I ever did him, no.

15. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

Nah, you could port down and setup without aggro.

16. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

So I'm severely lacking in information regarding Gurebk, Lord of Krendic's add spawning gimmick/mechanic in PoStorms. (the desert boss in the tents) On Live he no longer spawns anything, and the single AK log I have of it doesn't show much about the fight. If anybody knows anything about this, please share

17. Mechaike

Mechaike Well-Known Member

Oof, I killed these lords so little I got nothin. They just weren't worth the trouble...

18. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

From what I’ve been able to glean on the internet searching he is supposed to spawn two scorpions when aggroed and could be split from them.

19. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Did you read that on Allakhazam? That site is notoriously unreliable; particularly in cases like this, so I really really do not want to base anything on that single highly suspicious comment. Other comments indicate that roaming NPCs assist the boss, so this guy could have just confused wanderers assisting as spawned adds, which frequently wander inside his tent. (for now I think this is the most likely explanation)

I have two AK logs of the event done on AK from two character perspectives: both had other's hits off and no chat, so they could easily have missed what I'm looking for; however they show zero indication of any kind of scorpion or any boss-unique adds of any kind. They wiped on the encounter twice and several of them had damage shields on; no slains from adds, no damage shields on adds. There was a cactus mob aggro however, but this NPC is a typical roaming mob in the zone

20. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

Plane of storms, always seem to be a rather interesting zone, i remember always wondering, if there was things i didnt know about. Like i am pretty sure i never did the giants that become targetable, once camp is cleared back in the days. So i can see the issue, that we might not have too much information. How reliable is the live versions of the zones as a reference?

It also looks like they have turned these into Fabled mobs at some point, so i wonder if there must be any records that is better then ZAM

21. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Strange. I just logged on Test after it had been down a couple of days and Gurebk spawned scorpions on me when I pulled him this time. Couple nights ago I killed him (very slowly to parse some combat statistics) and he had spawned nothing

Ravenwing likes this.
  22. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I vote to include them. Everything is more fun with scorpions.

lurari likes this.
  23. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I couldn't manage to replicate it after he did it once, even after repeated aggro wipes and resets. Seems the most plausible explanation now is that the script is just error prone

24. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

There were definitely some broken add scripts in PoP. A few mobs that would usually but not always spawn their adds, one boss who'd spawn adds the first time he was attempted (and reached the appropriate trigger health percentages) but not thereafter, even if you wiped and they depopped.

And of course Xegony ...

25. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

26. Luddwig

Luddwig Active Member

When I was testing Gurebk on live last month (only 2-3 kills), it seemed to me he spawned a combination of 4-6 "a spined cactoric," "a roving scorpioco," "a roving cactore," or "a noxious scorponnis" upon engaging. These seemed to respawn within about 15 sec if killed. I first thought they were roamers assisting from the desert, but they could not be charmed unlike their desert counterpart (could still be mezzed). Additionally, one kill I had previously cleared almost all roamers from the area and then they still popped on me, and I believe some roaming mobs pathed through while killing Gurebk without assisting. He never spawned any "a royal scorpion" as Alla claimed, but multiple comments claim the encounter was changed (or perhaps was never properly documented) /shrug

Ravenwing likes this.
  27. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

The plot thickens!

28. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Roamers assist the adds, but not him

29. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I have a working theory for exp calculations that I want to test with some more data. What I need are logs (or the grepped results of logs) of level 51+ people killing dark blue mobs (no LBs or very few) 6 or more levels under their level for AA points with a known AA split (preferably 100% but will take what I can get although I doubt you'd recall something not 100) and known group members. (the number of people in the group and their levels. solo would be preferable really) If you have logs or submitted logs to me and recall a time where you were AAing under those conditions, please let me know

30. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

When raising skills in the arena using pets on AK, was a dark blue (or higher) pet required? I.e. did light blue pets not work? I have fairly good evidence this was the case but it may have been true only at certain level ranges or whatnot