Where to direct questions...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by medbonyx, Apr 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. medbonyx

medbonyx New Member

While in the game, I've been asking all my game related questions to the alliance, or other players kind enough to offer there advice if ever I needed after the fact.

With worrying about being bothersome, would it be better to pose questions here on the forum, or continue to ask questions in the game?

2. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

Typically, nobody is going to think you are being bothersome either way. Everybody here is friendly and inviting to questions. If you are asking in alliance and nobody answers it may be because nobody noticed that you asked.

Edit: You can also ask questions in Discord, lots of super informed people monitor it closely.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    Sketchy, medbonyx and Ripwind like this.
  3. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

Or if you have a question about a specific class, just do a /who all 60 magician or whatever and ask someone if they have time to answer.

medbonyx and Devour_Souls like this.
  4. medbonyx

medbonyx New Member

Yeah everyone is super nice, that’s definitely why I don’t want to over do it, but a nice reminder. Thanks! Will checkout Discord thanks!

5. medbonyx

medbonyx New Member

Thanks Ripwind, will do!

6. Kithani

Kithani Well-Known Member

One pro-tip I’ve found in the 3-5 months I’ve been playing is if you download discord and join the TAKP discord you can also “search” discord for stuff and often find people who asked your question in alliance chat before!

I’ve used it recently for spawn info (dire wolf stalker, stormfeather) and for some hunting tips (searches for “50s XP” for example)

Edit to clarify: there is a discord bot that posts everything from alliance chat into the TAKP discord. Also can be handy for checking if any MGBs about to go off without logging in and pulling wife Aggro :)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    sicnus and Cadsuane like this.
  7. medbonyx

medbonyx New Member

Super helpful, will be sure to download discord and use the bot!

8. tomgggg

tomgggg Member

People tend to be happy to answer questions in alliance, as evidenced by the 14 replies every time a new person asks about mouse scroll.

When I was leveling my first trio I didn't want to bother people so I basically never asked for a rez. I'm sure I would have leveled about three times faster if I hadn't been shy. This server is in general very friendly.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  9. Nakunaru

Nakunaru People Like Me

Oh ya, if you ever need a rez let me know. Will usually be able to help unless I am raiding or in an exp group.