Misc feedback requests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torven, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Definitely the number of discrete groups ported in, regardless of the number of people in each group.

2. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Was it possible to port a group in after he starts walking?

3. Mechaike

Mechaike Well-Known Member

I want to say there was a three group limit per maze area, but I'm not confident. Can't remember if there was a true lockout, or if it was just the Thelin port weirdness.

4. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Yes, three groups maximum per maze area.

I think Thelin respawned when you said the trigger phase and started him walking. I don't believe anyone could port up to the same maze after that point, but I'm not 100% certain.

It was possible to log toons out in the hedge and log them back in at the end for the flag. I don't believe they were ever kicked to the ZI, as with toons that logged inside some other triggered event spaces.

5. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Can group non-leaders port their groups in? Can an ungrouped player port in? If not, does the NPC respond to either attempt?

6. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

It's been long enough that you should take this with a grain of salt, but my best recollection is yes and yes.

7. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

When killing lower tier bosses, they often drop 4 parchments. Does anybody recall if they ALWAYS dropped 4? I can't tell from logs for obvious reasons. I have reason to believe that they may not have always dropped 4, however all my Live kills thus far seemed to have dropped 4, but I only screenshot a dozen or so kills.

8. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Can anybody recall any anecdotes regarding bards pulling on AK using the broken bellow skill and minimum distances the bard had to be from a stationary NPC in order for it to chase?

9. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Quavonis Firetail could be bellowed from the zone wall without passing through the lava tunnel, but there wasn't a lot of space to play with and stay in chase range.

10. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Could bellow BoT wing bosses from the zone in.

11. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Does this mean that the bard had to be just outside the tunnel when pulling? And that attempting to pull from, say, the north bird perch would fail?

12. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Yes, that's right.

13. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Does this include Gaukr?

14. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I'm pretty sure - he was basically the golden goose with his greaves drop.

lurari likes this.
  15. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I can't say I tried it, but that seems wildly improbable.

16. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Bellow then from entrance yes. It actually chases all the way to entrance? I’m not sure about that.

17. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

Back during perma pac I would pac up and bellow to the ent of the tower. I never did to ent though

18. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Hrm. A lot of boxers used the limits of chase range to split Kuanbyr from his bee guards (for example: allas comment), and that wouldn't have worked if chase range in BoT were anything close to the ~1500 units that separate Gaukr from the foyer.

19. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

This feedback was very helpful. Thanks

Mechaike likes this.
  20. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Was zoning into HoH from PoValor required to get the permanent HoH flag? Or was hailing the projection enough?

If the answer to the above is yes, then was hailing the projection required to zone into HoH from Valor and get the flag? I.e. was killing Aerin`Dar only to open the round floor and hailing the projection didn't really do anything? (it did not in fact produce yellow text in logs, but zoning in did) Or was both required?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  21. Mechaike

Mechaike Well-Known Member

I want to say falling through the floor to zone was required for the flag to be processed, but not sure... I vaguely remember issues with people falling in without hailing / vice versa.

22. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Did Aerin`Dar have a checklist flag on Al'Kabor?

Could you still open the round floor-door after the planar projection poofed in 10 minutes?

Was there some limit to the number of players who could click on the teleport orb? Could you click on it after Aerin`Dar was engaged? Dead?

23. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

You're unlikely to get many satisfactory answers on the particulars of what was required flag-wise because of the broken and optional (and invisible to the seer) nature of the A'D and HoHa trial flags on Al'Kabor. I'll take a stab, though.

Checklist flag

You could go back and do Aerin'Dar after the HoHa trials and/or LMM and the flag would stick. Since this was an optional, rarely-done flag and PoJ trials were usually the first flags done, I can't remember a case of someone either getting or failing to get A'D without a trial.

PP Hail or Zone

I don't know whether it was the PP or the PoV->HoHa zone-in or both that actually gave the real flag. The zone-in definitely wasn't necessary in other places where it didn't generate a flag (PoD->CoD, for example). Where it did (PoStorms->BoT and PoI->PoTime are the two I think I remember), I do believe it was required, but I wouldn't swear to it.

Teleport Orb

There was no limit that I ever discovered to the number of players who could click the teleport orb to Aerin'Dar, but I doubt we ever killed him with more than a full raid. The orb did stop working after Aerin'Dar was dead. I'm not sure if it stopped working while he was engaged.

Trapdoor

I have no idea whether the door in the floor stopped opening when the PP poofed. I suppose it would be gratuitously aggravating to take too much time over rezzes and loot and PP hails and blow the flag because the door locked, though, so maybe it makes sense to give it 30 minutes or so since the teleport orb is locked anyway.

24. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

I know on live the trap door is locked after a while, but it is longer than just the time it takes for the pp to depop (tried both when ad not up and immediately after pp deppoped after killing ad)

I believe zoning in hoh was part of the flag and required, but like rw I wouldn’t swear on it.

25. Foxboxx

Foxboxx People Like Me

I also could've sworn zoning in was considered an important part of the flag, as it is what all my guilds made sure we did. It could have just been one of those paranoid rumors though, with no one wanting to risk being wrong.

lurari likes this.
  26. Dane

Dane People Like Me

I remember zoning to complete the flag on live and on AK. Without evidence to the contrary, I presume it was required.

27. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I recall it being an issue a few years ago on a TLP server.

28. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I remember if you didn't do it for specific zone flags, it *could* cause problems, so we always did. I forget which zones, but there were a couple.

29. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

30. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

Never done it on AK, i can do it on live if you want though, just let me know.