3-18-2020

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Mar 18, 2020.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Solar

* Innate Lung Capacity AA fixed
    * Bard AA Fading Memories implemented.
    * Cleaned up AA activation code a bit. This changes the behavior of Dire Charm and Suspended Minion which were not going through the normal invis breaking flow when casting their spells.
    Haynar
    * Added some pathing improvements
    * Changed packet resends while zoning, to help prevent getting stuck zoning.
    Robregen
    * NPC will always conned indifferent in no combat zone such as PoK, Nexus, etc regeardless of faction level.

Database:
    Robregen

* Convert Faction ID to Client Faction ID.
    * Fixed for the recipe Green small plate bracer
    * fixed stacking issue with Hardened Lizard Hide
    * fixed stacking issue with Petrified Redwood.
    Torven
    * paludal: Dwarf NPCs tuned and respawn timers adjusted.

Script:
    Robregen

* Convert Faction ID to Client Faction ID
    * Update the scripts "Restocking the HQ ore" - These merchants will now only carry a limited stock of HQ ores.
    * Added a few animations and missing texts to Neutral Guidemasters in PoK.
    * added another keyphase for Alrik Farsight.

Mechaike, showstring, Lyrina and 4 others like this.
  2. snorks

snorks Well-Known Member

* Innate Lung Capacity AA fixed

lol bless you, just in time. finishing lung 3/3 today, and i had no idea it was bugged in the first place. I would have looked like a fool in the grey

solar likes this.
  3. Tyrion

Tyrion Well-Known Member

I don't think the plane of fear got the reset memo

4. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Aww, what are those poor people who've been poopsocking Tolon Nurbyte v2.0 going to do now?

5. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Nothing. After we finish the bans.

Cadsuane and Faults like this.
  6. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Before this patch, I had no problem zoning three toons on my Mac. All my toons zoned at the same speed, typically taking no more than a couple of seconds. Since the patch, at least one toon always takes upwards of 30 seconds to zone. Sometimes this affects only one toon, other times two or all three.

7. robregen

yeah I forgot to do a reset. respawn will persist through. if we do a hotfix for whatever reason before the end of the day, then I'll go ahead and do a reset.

8. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

While its possible. It affected zoning. They way it worked before. When zoning started. It tried to send remaining packets. Then nuked them. U zoned. Or u got stuck.

Now it tries to resend them a few times. If you were experiencing packet loss.

I will keep monitoring issues ppl see.

H

9. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Bummer won't be able to raid w/o a reset

10. robregen

going to go ahead and reset since guilds had plans.

Pithy, Ravenwing, Sketchy and 2 others like this.
  11. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Zoning is taking a solid 30-60 seconds atm - its pretty brutal. It used to be near instant for the comp that is now having massive delays.

12. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Happens particularly when i use ports - not as frequent when i use pok stones.

13. Tyrion

Tyrion Well-Known Member

Zoning is wonky it'll freeze a few seconds then i see my LD meter ticking toward 90% and 30 seconds later it zones me

Lamdil likes this.
  14. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

I power cycled my computer/router/modem after the hotfix. Super-long zoning problem persists.

15. Nakunaru

Nakunaru People Like Me

I'm getting my 3ish second zoning on my main computer. The 2 other computers don't seem all that bad either. I am on a PC btw.

Also checked the innate lung capacity, and that is working perfect now!

16. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Zoning has been pretty amazing for me, no timeout issues yet and it's very quick... this is from about 50ish or so zonings so not big sample size

17. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I am also seeing extremely long zoning times since the patch. Macintosh client.

18. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Actually, sometimes they're quick, sometimes they're very long, and sometimes they're very long and then crash. I can zone two characters to the same place at the same time and have one go through and the other redline and then crash.

Ripwind likes this.
  19. Nakunaru

Nakunaru People Like Me

Ok, I just had a couple of the slow zone issues. Lag meter thing shows it hitting 0, then it finishes zoning. Other times, I zone in 3 seconds.

20. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I can try something else for zoning. That still does the burst send first. Then does the fix getting stuck method. It may be tbat it wants sooner

21. Mechaike

Mechaike Well-Known Member

Similar experience here. Hit a zoneline, UI pauses a sec, packets 0, lag bar slowly depletes, then zoning. But I'm zoning successfully!

Lamdil likes this.
  22. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I got to test some. But may not need the extra packets. Just the closing packet maybe. I will make it better.

Ripwind, Mechaike, solar and 4 others like this.
  23. Foxboxx

Foxboxx People Like Me

It's doing the lagged zone more often, but it is definitely zoning a lot faster when it does happen. Used to take minutes to finish zoning in the past.

24. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

very weird. Same thing. One is very fast. Other two slow. Play on mac.

25. badpoet

badpoet Member

Anecdotally, I had mixed results this morning when porting or zoning. If I staggered the zone it was mostly fine. On one port to Twilight Sea, my druid box lagged a full 30 seconds but the other two loaded much slower than usual (like 10-15 seconds each). Another port to Dawnshroud did not have a lagger, but the zoning was considerably longer than it was in the past (usually it's just a few seconds, this again was about 10-15).

26. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I may have found the difference between mac and pc, and what makes one zone better but the other worse.

I think I have something that may work better for both.

I will test more this week. Get it fixed up.

27. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

You rock, thanks Haynar!

28. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

So a port or zone goes off. Bout 10 seconds later I see the toons twitch or hear a bag close, or the portal sound go off. Then 10 more seconds or so toons zone in

29. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Did zoning improve for Windows players, btw?

30. Nakunaru

Nakunaru People Like Me

Faster zoning when it works, yes. But right now its about a 50% chance of getting the lagged out zoning.