TAKP 5th year anniversary event?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sowislifesowislove, Dec 23, 2019.

1. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Anything in the works? Would love to see size 1 gnomes used :D

2. Nakunaru

Nakunaru People Like Me

Figure I would add the gathered information to this this thread from previous years, that is, if the devs decide to add the past events for this year.

3. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

The 5th anniversary events have been awesome. New and interesting raid encounters in far flung zones, I was mostly busy with holidays and family this reset but had a blast with Mayong, and just following along on the forums as people found things and speculated about quests and such.

4. Nakunaru

Nakunaru People Like Me

The evil eye guy was fun!

Starsha and Devour_Souls like this.
  5. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

Yes, this had been extremely fun and fresh! Thanks devs.

Devour_Souls likes this.
  6. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

Agreed. Figuring out the Eye fight was a good time. Had a couple wipes before we nailed it down. Same with the DL dragon. Now to wait for Mayong to respawn so I can try to turn some stuff in and see what it turns into!

Devour_Souls likes this.
  7. Cillipis

Cillipis Well-Known Member

I will add that I think it’s been a real treat. Thank you, Devs!

Devour_Souls likes this.
  8. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Events were well done this year, thanks for the fun! Minor complaint is no Bavatar of War.

Devour_Souls and showstring like this.
  9. Radda

Radda People Like Me

THANKS AGAIN!

Devour_Souls likes this.
  10. Starsha

Starsha Member

I liked the one event I got to do in Mistmoore. It was new, exciting and we got to join raid with NAG. It was fun to figure things out together and vanquish Mayong Mistmoore! Hopefully next year I'll be around more to play. Thanks to the Devs who put in some extra time for all us minions!!

Devour_Souls, Ripwind and Mokli like this.
  11. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

The past two weeks have been amazing. A bit sad to see them end. Now maybe I can get something done in the real world. Thank you devs!!

Ripwind likes this.
  12. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

Agreed, Dev - what an awesome two weeks! Clearly no small amount of work went into organizing all of this. It was cool seeing how everything unfolded over the days. Stumbling upon that first Ithosar was an awesome feeling, since it was in the middle of the day and we had something of a skeleton crew on. We weren't quite sure what to expect!

The Prince Kloxx event got us pretty frustrated the first time around, but we rallied again later when we figured out some strats and managed to take him down. The Megalodon was a cool throwback to old lore for sure. I was disappointed I didn't get to see the AR boss, but maybe next year.

13. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

yah really made the world seem mildly alive and exciting again. was it Akkurate? No, not really, though some Akkurate GM loot did drop which was cool. Everyone I know had a lot of fun. It's not something I would want to see every couple of months for instance, keep it to anniversary time =) I thought the items had a good balance of power. Weak stuff, stronger items, but all somewhat unique and special. I heard the entire Dev team worked together on this one, and I'm glad you were all able to pull this off. I hope you all had some fun along the way too.

14. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

I thought it be better if each dev would do something for an anniversary. a few players had ideas for the past anniversary and I did a couple. This year I had asked Torven if he would like to write up something for this year anniversary so all credit to Torven for the 5th anniversary events. I think next year either Haynar or some other dev can write up something. Glad you guys had some fun this year.

Choir, Mechaike, Jugo! and 10 others like this.
  15. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I know a ways off, but any chance of the Locket of Escape being worked into one of next years events?

16. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

If it's rechargeable (I assume it is), I don't think it should be. I even think the Thurg gate item is too OP for a gm event item. (Purely personal opinion)

Torven and Mokli like this.
  17. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I didn't think it was rechargeable, but yeah, I agree, it shouldn't be.

Linkamus likes this.
  18. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

If it is normally rechargeable, an easy way around that is make it no drop or make the buy back amount something obscene like 5m plat. They did something like this on live with the Staff of Forbidden Rights. I remember the patch message saying it was changed to like 1m pp or something.

19. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Haynar’s mini gnomes should be worked into next event.

20. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Or Yarnee's giant halflings, they were pretty rad too.

21. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

yeah we talked about this before. It won't be.

Linkamus and Ravenwing like this.
  22. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Okay, thank you for the reply