12-25-2019

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Dec 25, 2019.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Torven

* Factions with racial, class etc modifiers were not bottoming out to the point they should have and this was corrected.
    * Certain illusions were modifying factions incorrectly and this was also corrected.
    * The low health aggro temporary hate modifier is now equal to the NPC's current hp instead of its maximum HP.
    Haynar
    * Added Rampage and Flurry to the Frenzied Burnout AA.
    * Made small netcode changes to reduce resend timer, to help improve zoning.

Database:
    Robregen

* Alligator skin will now only drop from a rare alligator in Innothule Swamp

Script
    Robregen

* Several scripts across Norrath has been updated with faction rewards and missing/incorrect texts.
    * Grobb: Added 2 missing quests from Carver Cagrek.

Mechaike, Lyrina, Verdent and 2 others like this.
  2. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Interesting! I'm trying to imagine how much digging or parsing it took to correlate that?

3. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

This alligator skin, it only drops from one individual alligator in the whole zone, the fat alligator. I don't like to question the dev's on every change, that's tiring for me and for the team. I'm assuming there are AK logs to back this up? Or was this a balance change? Thanks for your time.

4. robregen

AK log doesn't show much. only show that a player asked if it drops in innothule. However in comments in zam suggested how rare it is. Also there was a dev quotes from an adminstrator on ZAM: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3241

5. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Ok thank you for the explanation and doing the research Robregen. If I come across anything different in my research I will open a bug report. Thanks again!

6. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

It looks to me like it's correct to move the skin from the gators in the Feerrott, but bull alligators in Innothule should drop it as well.

Innothule was revamped in 2007, which may be the reason only the fat alligator drops the skin now on the progression servers.

There are four commenters on the Alla's page that mention looting the skin from a bull alligator in our era, though, and Mechaike mentions it dropping from bull gators on the Tem boards. It does seem to have been rare; going by Allas comments, I'd guess 2-3%.

Devour_Souls likes this.
  7. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

The alligator skin has always been quite rare here unless there is a bugged mob that always drops skins that I'm not aware of. In my experience, it's a significant time investment to get one to drop.

8. robregen

yeah seen those comments as well. Since you mentioned it from a Tem Board, I can include the bull alligator for next server patch.

9. Placer

Placer Well-Known Member

When will the pathing fix for CT pyramid be in?

10. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Looks like the right move Rob. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=1732&p=3#comments

3 pages of comments on the bull alligator page. most from AK era describing the bull and fat dropping the skin. Several comments describing the drop rate as well.

11. Verdent

Verdent People Like Me

Freeport sewer alligator shouldn't drop it?