Need eqclient.ini

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torrinn, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

Is it possible to get a copy of eqclient.ini for Mac by itself without having to do a full reinstall? I think I accidentally deleted some lines from mine.

2. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

So I can't get an unaltered copy of this file instead of having to a complete reinstall?

3. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Can't you just download the thing from the wiki, and copy out that file?

Edit: Oh, I see, It isn't in the client .app package. Rather, I presume that the file will be created by EQ if it is missing.
    Rename your file to "Torrins_eqclient.ini" and launch EQ, then compare the new clean "eqclient.ini" to yours.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    Ripwind likes this.
  4. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

All you need to do is delete the file and the client will recreate it with defaults.

5. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

This doesn't seem to be working.

6. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

What is happening instead? What is leading you to believe the eqclient file is messed up?

7. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

There are lines missing like the screen resolution and some other ones. I also can't get it to switch back to full screen mode by changing WindowedMode back to false. I renamed and moved the old file so the client couldn't find it and it just exits back to the desktop without it with no error message. It's not recreating it because I did a search of my entire hard drive and it is not here.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  8. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

Here's a new twist. I installed to my laptop and searched for eqclient.ini and it's not there. I thought I could copy it using a USB stick, but now I'm stuck. The screen resolution on my laptop is wrong and I need eqclient.ini to change it. So now I need the file on two machines and a fresh install isn't even helping.

9. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

Why can't you download the stand alone file, extract it and copy the .ini file out of the unzipped folder?

10. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Should be able to delete the .ini. Client remakes it. If you cannot find it, thats a matter of finding right place to look. I don’t know macs well enough to say how to find it.

H

11. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

You’ve found the hidden Mac location in library > app support etc?

12. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Should be here: ~/username/Library/Application Support/EverQuest/

But as Quillen said, I think you need to show hidden files

13. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Yea. Hold down the option key when you hit the “Go” tab at top after opening finder