Possible for Inny DE's to do Crown of Deceit quest?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mokli, May 18, 2017.

1. Barnd0g

Barnd0g People Like Me

I'm not too sure yet in regards to finishing the quest with agnostic warrrior...once I hit 60 I will be smooshing frogs till I know the answer and will let you know :)

From my understand on this thread though it should be possible.

2. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

only pithy would link an item from allakabor and not allaclone~

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Pithy likes this.
  3. snorks

snorks Well-Known Member

lets just say i hate the allakabor site.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  4. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

5. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Off topic, wasn't Allakabor registration re-opened a while ago?

6. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Should werewolf fx faction? On 99 I know it does, I know...Terrible source. But Haynar handles that shit right? So should be accurate? I know chanters on 99 could crawl through velks with werewolf and collab. Would love evil races using so just making sure to cover every potential option :x

7. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

For the crown werewolves are evil and the frogloks dont like evil races - so that wouldn't help much. Same reason aon doesnt work.

8. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I dont handle faction related to illusions. I might parse some to find out how it should be. Generally I dont do much db work.

It is on my list to update p99 faction system to be based on latest system. But that also adds updating a lot of factions, etc.

sowislifesowislove likes this.
  9. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I can double check on live but im nearly positive garou makes one lose faction with froggies of guk.

10. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Werewolf did not help faction on AK (likely it hurt, but 100% did not help).

Imp, as Faults mentioned, did work well.

EQ is weird.

11. Tollen

Tollen Member

yes

12. Barnd0g

Barnd0g People Like Me

For anyone that is interested to know if it's possible or not - this is my agnostic ogre warrior Barnpig!!!

Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 5.42.41 pm.png

Videri-Tala and Neealana like this.
  13. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

wtb diety change potion, race illusion potion

Mokli likes this.
  14. Locnar

Locnar Member

I handled race/faction for p99 for a few years, and the werewolves in Velks thing is accurate. Actually in that era EQmac was the very last place you could check for this, since by then live EQ made it so changing to a non-player race, faction did nothing for your faction.

Werewolves in Guk though, I can't remember if I check and fixed on p99 or not. I do remember when EQmac announced it was shutting down I specifically started to log in more and check the non-player character illusions on my world famous EQmac chanter , Sucra Sugarlips! (hehe just a buff bot for me, not famous but I loved the name) that I had power leveled up and avoided faction adjustment hits on, since I knew soon that data would be lost forever.

A lot of times I was really impressed at how nuanced faction was in EQ, they really tried to make it make sense (elemental illusion helping in The Hole, Dark Elf helping in Crushbone, etc) but other times I get the feeling things were over looked or they ran out of time and the illusion adjustment made no sense. The intent was to always have things fit with the lore though, which I respected especially since subsequent games did not have this attention to detail AT ALL.

I cant still remember being so irritated that I posted about it on the official forums:

in Vanguard in just some random room in a town you had the paladin and dread knight trainers standing there facing each other. Like the designer at the last minute said , hmm there are no trainers within 5 miles of this /loc , ok lets just throw them down here! Broke immersion. Hoping this new Pantheon game has someone 24/7 dedicated just to in game lore/faction.

15. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Hey, Jeru! Nice to hear from you.

The change you're referencing here actually postdated EQMac. It went in in April, 2003:
    This was the second major change to the way non-humanoid illusions worked, however. The first one I can't find in the patch history, but it happened fairly early - well before EQMac's code date - and made non-humanoid illusions hostile to most "city" type NPCs. Before that, wolf form and similar illusions used a neutral kind of faction that tended to raise faction standing with KoS citydwellers.

However, the relatively few dungeon adjustments seemed to be unchanged at that time. For example, werewolf form + collaboration did get you to dubious in both Velk's and Unrest on AK, at least if you hadn't killed a lot in the zone. As did an elemental illusion + collaboration in the Hole.

16. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

added to the wiki, mainly because of the factioning differences with live and the evil race/deity caveats. let me know if I left anything out: http://wiki.takp.info/index.php?title=Crown_of_Deceit

It could use some better formatting, I just wanted to get it in for now.

17. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Had to verify for myself, but neither of these work to change faction, if anyone else was curious.

showstring likes this.
  18. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

Wait until you try doing the Greenmist quest. :p

19. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

But isn't exploiting bugs supposed to be a rules violation? Those who did the quest before the bug was identified and didn't report it violated the rules for not reporting it, and those that did it after the bug was identified and made known publicly, but before it was fixed, should have known better.

20. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Maybe the devs have changed their tune in the last 2 years since that was posted? :p

With this quest in particular, depending on what era you did it in, you could have done it differently and likely people's memories are just foggy. I did this when you could use Druid indoor wolf form for an example and didn't have the restrictions we have now. That was in LoY era or maybe LDON.

21. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

LDON was indoor SoW and Wolf Form.

22. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Seriously?

Is it a bug if noone knows? You have any clue how many hours it took to figure out that there were actual diety/class/race combinations who couldn’t complete without illusions?

I would classify this as incomplete content. That noone in the history if eqemu has gone to the effort we did to figure out. And get it right.

If you want me to revisit this decision. I would be more than happy to. You will not like the result.

FYI. Rulelawyering. To try and change staff decisions. Will go badly.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    Mechaike, Mokli, showstring and 3 others like this.
  23. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

24. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

How did you come to the conclusion that it was a bug and not working as intended? I previously mentioned trying to do the Greenmist quest as Rallos Zek Ogre. It is literally IMPOSSIBLE, even on live, for Rallos Zek Ogre's to complete that quest because when you get to the last part your faction will not be high enough to complete even when maxed, illusion, using sneak, invis, and whatever other tricks there are for raising faction. It's simply impossible. Maybe this quest was also not meant to be completed by certain race/class/deity combinations, even with max faction.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  25. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Someone who finished the quest reported a bug about the scalp not working. (this guy) That led to faction needing to be capped for certain races/deities etc.

26. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

yes, thought the scalp was bugged and actually it had the wrong faction id. Then we digged into this more about certain races/deities that able to complete this quest or not.

DBG released faction data a little while after that so we had it tuned a bit better.

Mechaike likes this.
  27. Liegezen

Liegezen People Like Me

RZ ogre SKs can, in fact, finish the Greenmist quest with the Ornate Velium Pendant clickie alliance effect while at fully maxed out faction.

Cadsuane and Haynar like this.
  28. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

The more illusions the merrier

29. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I went on eqlive and did several race/diety/class combos we werent sure of. Maxed their frog factions to see where they fell. Then lowered faction a hit at time to a threshold. Then got exact maxes.

I did at least 7 different combos. Thankfully seb frogs give better hits.

Ikeren, nworbetan, showstring and 2 others like this.
  30. Yaximus

Yaximus Member

I’ll preface this that I appreciate the work the people have done figuring out the factions and I apologize in advance for beating a dead horse.

I was curious whether my ogre RZ follower could complete the quest. Reading through this thread suggests that’s it’s not the case (though I’m not entirely sure it’s a bit hard to follow).

I then read a recent comment in allakhazam which seemed relatively thorough:
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2275#m15464005546818735

It mentioned that the human agnostic is starting at -499 which is the base. Then the ogre penalty is -251 and the RZ penalty is -250. If this were the case the max faction would be 1000?

My question is does the info from this comment align with the current server info/faction or is it different? If it was different would it be worth a person double checking it on live? Or is there a difference between live and what eqmac was in regards to this.