Allow Earthshaker + Rampage to function

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darchon, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

How about... we all celebrate by getting drunk all day and then coming back tonight post 4th of July fireworks and then do a drunken rev charming vs AE PvP battle royale with the last man standing getting awarded an ALL/ALL Earthshaker with special riposte proccing capabilities and GM Uber sword stats.

But in all seriousness, let’s just enjoy the game we have. Appreciate the devs work whether we agree to disagree or whatever, and all have a beer to cheers the fact that we’re alive, enjoying life, and pursuing greater things..

And yes I’ve been drinking :)

Notorious, Hyacinth, Neealana and 3 others like this.
  2. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

Playing the game here since the start, it really seems like a long time relationship with your loved one. At the beginning, you have sex twice a day, marveling how much you have longed for her, and how incredible she is. Now, after a few years, you still love her, but you are getting used to her being around every day, and the first fascination starts to fade, but you still feel good being around her and hope that the relationship never goes away. So, to sum it up, I am very grateful to the devs to make this happen and for my fellow players to create an environment I feel totally comfortable in. Thanks ro you all! Happy 4th of July!

Verdent, Hyacinth, Bum and 3 others like this.
  3. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Saving this post so you can't edit it later.

With Love,
    Lulu

4. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I always sound angrier than I really am

I don't think Darchon's question was unreasonable

Oiwon, Hyacinth, Sketchy and 4 others like this.
  5. rosenthm1

rosenthm1 Member

hopefully charm won't drop while your pet's casting a spell at a mob with a different faction.

6. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

That would be really unfortunate

Thunderace and lurari like this.
  7. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Where can I sign up for max as in a day? Will you enable pit warring for me for a few days. No need to tell anyone. Actually, save yourself time and just edit my characters database file to fill up my AA.

Thunderace likes this.
  8. Thunderace

Thunderace People Like Me

Lets be honest, if we had Valor ramp/earthshaker enabled, nothing much would change.

Group A = 6 toons all guild A
    Group B = 6 toons all guild B
    Group C = 6 toons all guild C
    Group D = 6 toons all guild D

Group A would poopsock till their cup is filled, likely filling their friends and alt's xp bar. Group B picks up when Group A is sleeping. Group A picks up when Group B is sleeping. Group C see's an opening and fills in - Group A / B notice Group C - Group C still on the camp because holy shit exp - few days go by and Group C finally goes to sleep - Group A immediately takes over - Group B cries too slow - Group D waiting on sidelines - Group A finished with AA exp - Group B swoops in - Group C I knew we should of stayed awake - Group B is finished with AA exp - Group D swoops in - etc. etc. etc.

^^with some variation this is how the server is.

On takp, we already have examples of players who no longer need AA exp - most of these players just log in to raid - many of these players achieved their exp due to taking advantage of "strategy" that was later nerfed.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  9. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Can someone find or make a list of everything that's not Akkurate and inbox it to me. Thanks :]

Hyacinth, lurari and actualspaide like this.
  10. Kuron

Kuron People Like Me

Oiwon is not accurate, pls remove.

Lenas and Oiwon like this.
  11. Guero

Guero Member

Completely agree!

There were a few of us that practiced this dutiful art form on AK. It was a part of AK and should be a part of the new server to ensure Accuracy as Darchon mentions. I can tell you in the near thousand times I have done this never once did the zone crash. The only time that happened is when people got too greedy and attempted to use multiple warriors on the same shake. The few of us that regularly shook were always respectful of those in zone. On AK if there were ever people grinding at the PoV cave we would never pull the cave or bring the pulls near the camp. I regularly shook the zone with people at that camp and never once caused any issue with the camp. They basically went about their grind without even knowing we were even in the zone. The mobs pulled generally were mobs that NEVER got camped.

I might be a little biased here, but, I firmly believe that it should be fully restored as the fine art of shaking was a piece of Al Kabor. It provides quality entertainment to those that practice this art form and has little effect on those others that participate on the server.

/Free the Earthshaker!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  12. Vladimirr

Vladimirr Member

I’m pretty sure I hit 65 from a Guero shaker page.

My brother hooked me up with it :)

Zone never crashed and Fiends were never disrupted. I trust our server is respectful enough to make it work.

/Free the Earthshaker

13. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

i think we should just let go, and remove all constraints, But i am just a minority. Playing these games again, is not to play them like we did back in the day, but as they do in WoW Classic where they exploit the battleground queue system, outrageously exploit bad pathing for aoe groups.

The speed run new mechanics things is what keeps these games alive, not keeping them in status quo, its like people trying to rebuy their parents house, because they feel the need of reliving their childhood

Toomuch likes this.
  14. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

I think that's why they have everything in instances on live now, so people can cheat/exploit and not disrupt others, but it does take the impact out of it. I think this is something more appropriate for single player, but then what's the fun if you can't show off your skills.

It's a tough problem. If you provide a way for advanced players to grief the newer/less skilled players, they will enjoy it more and grow their epeen, but it really ruins it for the larger group of people who are in that less skilled group and don't even understand what the other player is doing to beat them. In WoW they did a good job walking that line by creating designated griefing areas (quest areas) and then sanctuary towns that were made for utility and socializing.

There are a lot of players who come back for the nostalgia, and some end up becoming advanced players after some time. But it's a journey each player makes, and they start with one mob at a time. AoE and shakerpaging is at the very end of that journey, right before they max out and quit, IMO.

I think the main reason people play this game for as long as they do is because of exp grinding. There are some other crazy time sinks like tradeskilling and camping rare items but mostly it's exp people want. As a result of having to grind exp, people spend extended periods online and since it's hard to do it solo, they group up, and I think that's why we have the social aspect of the game - groups, guilds, this forum. Anything that speeds up exp just shortens the amount of time people play before they finish and quit and reduces the social interaction. You can see this on live EQ where they did let go and remove all constraints - everyone can play and progress alone, but it doesn't feel as fun because everyone can do it.

I think this is an interesting concept to ponder and see how various games handled it over the years. It seems like the current solution is to try to break people up into leagues based on skill, but semi-skilled players can always make a new account and beat up on true beginners so it still fails to protect them sometimes. People want to win, at least once in a while, and in a global arena one guy is the best and everyone else is not. So to get more than one winner you need smaller groups where they can be the best in that group. But it also comes with less recognition.

15. Toomuch

Toomuch Member

I'm still fairly new to the server, and just recently got an Earthshaker for my warrior, who hasn't been 60 for that long yet. I was REALLY looking forward to the old school shakerpaging. I had a warrior on live, and never really got to do it, life events had me quit EQ when I had only known about shakerpaging for a very short time, I was working toward doing it with my warrior (never got enough AA's), but I only ever got to watch it be done, and assist on a handful of pulls, before I was done with EQ. It was something that was so so unique to EQ, and so so cool. It's one of the things I'd reflect on when thinking back and remeniscing about Everquest, wishing I could do it as part of a game in-timeline.

Let me say that I do realize this thread is old, but I'd like to respectfully add my vote/voice to others, and say that I think it'd be worth exploring a way to make shakerpaging work, even if it has to be on a lesser level. There's already some limits that make it vastly different, like Darchon mentioned, but in reading through this thread, it sounds like those limits aren't limiting enough, at least where it matters (PoP)? Any chance there could be some other limiting factors built in, like maybe an EXP-per-timeframe cap that Torven said he observed on original AK server? Or some other even smaller limit of mobs that can be pulled at one time? Or maybe set a specific limit within PoP zones, of mobs that can be agrod at once? I suggest that PoP-specific thing, because that's where it seems the real XP concern lies: the exp isn't THAT outrageous before PoP, it becomes what appears to be "unacceptable" in PoP. So maybe let's fix that, specifically?

It'd be nice if you could at least do this for lower level zones for mats or faction farming, or even just for the "look at what I can do!" factor. When I just recently learned that it was essentially out of the game completely on this server, I was pretty deflated to say the least, especially knowing that it was part of regular servers during this era, as well as AK for its entire duration.

Is there *any* wiggle room for how it could be adjusted to a "more acceptable" or "less game-breaking" level?

Gindainy likes this.
  16. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

You can still use the AE to farm low level stuff. It will still proc normally.

17. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Current kite limitations in PoP based on the dev server range from around 15 mobs - around 40 mobs. Which is 20-50% of my original calculations in the post 2 years ago.

Shakerpaging has no real viability in PoP with those limitations unless you get 10+ pullers to bring in 10 different trains simultaneously. But I still don't expect any change on this topic on this server.

18. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

I've never shakerpaged, but I frequently use shaker when farming mats. I can pull the entire Hopper caves, crank the bard DS up to over 100, and Druid CH my way through the fight. Bard can ae slow and pump mana into the Druid if it's hard to keep up on heals. I also do it to farm velium from Velks, and I think, with some recent gear upgrades, I can probably do the entire Velks tower in 3 or 4 pulls before respawn.

So, don't give up hope that the lack of shakerpaging will ruin anything. Plenty of fun tricks to learn.

Break, Cadsuane and Toomuch like this.
  19. gardnerjens

Will that not harm encounters such as Rallos zek the warlord in PoTactise when you start kiting the repops?

Toomuch likes this.
  20. Dominar

Dominar Well-Known Member

There are several of events besides RZtW that require kiting. MB in Innovation can have large clockwork spider trains. If you keep kites going after the fight to rez and do loot. In POV there are golems to kite during AD. In storms, I remember 20+ adds when killing the triggered named giants. HoH trials include kiting in the basements. Xegony and Corinav adds come in large bunches. Lots of events with kiting / pulling big groups.

Cadsuane likes this.
  21. Secrets

Secrets Well-Known Member

Don't forget the druid DS AA + rune. That one's a fun one ;)

22. gardnerjens

Or the 0.1 cast time on rune

23. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Petition to let Deftness AA actually be useful!

24. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

been investigating this to see how to maximise procs, and found some fairly definitive answers on whether you can proc on a riposte
    https://thesafehouse.org/forums/for...ining-studios/6509-can-you-proc-off-a-riposte

so there's the answer: no, players cannot proc from ripostes

in case you didn't already know etc. I asked in alliance and there was some ambiguity, so hopefully this answers it

25. Radda

Radda People Like Me

glad shakerpaging is not here.

actualspaide likes this.
  26. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I think proc on riposte should be in because its akurate. But maybe not during riposte disc?

27. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Proc on riposte was never in. You’re only able to proc on melee attacks outgoing. Shakerpage worked because it considered each individual mob in the pile to be a different melee attack from rampage.

Toomuch, Gindainy and Cadsuane like this.
  28. Toomuch

Toomuch Member

So, is there any possibility of revisiting this, seeing as

A) the bulk of the server is past the need to EXP in zones like valor/storms/nightmare/innovation (etc), and "zone disruption" there will likely be at a minimum, and
    B) it's Akkurate?

It really was one of the things I was hugely looking forward to when I started up a warrior on this server. I watched whatever old videos I could find, dug around for old threads, all that jazz, and was super pumped when I got my own Earthshaker, looted from Yael himself.

Do we need a pros+cons+absolutes list on what'd be good, what'd be bad, and what the server rules/motto/theme/Modus Operandi are? Because I had thought that essentially the "Akkurate" rule trumps all... that's the rule for why Takhashi can't be killed, it's the rule why rangers just got nerfed so incredibly hard with the "parallel" thing, and many other things that are unique to this server. To be clear, I really do like this server, and overall love what's been done, especially the community that's been fostered here... but I was indeed about to start leveling up my ranger, a remake of my main character from Live, but as of Tuesday, that's a big nope, all in the name of Akkurate.

So, are we going with Akkurate then? Pretty please? :D

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
  29. Denzal

Denzal Active Member

There's a nice spot on this hill where you can dig your grave next to mine.

Toomuch, Elroz and Amirite like this.
  30. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

That hill is always shaking

Toomuch likes this.