Misc feedback requests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torven, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

The Trial wouldn't reset if anyone is still in the trial zone from a previous attempt IIRC. The only way to begin the trial was to have your party ported in by the NPC. Only then would the trial script begin. Not sure if it had an eject mechanism. Perhaps we could auto eject peeps x minutes after success/failure?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  2. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I don't recall any eject from when i farmed the ft1 masks from flame. You could fail- still kill the named at your own pace and loot a sweet mask.

3. Mechaike

Mechaike Well-Known Member

Same - as far as I can recall, there was no specific time limit to complete the event. As Faults said, trial of flame was a popular one to farm and could easily take more than a half hour. A full group aiming to succeed won't need anywhere near that long to either fail or succeed.

4. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

I feel like, barring evidence of one from the past, we can probably just leave off any eject mechanism and worry about it if it ever becomes a problem.

5. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Only if i can permaban anyone staying in. Trying to exploit staying in. Staying in to hold the trial. Or any other asshattery.

Mokli, Slayzz, Quirk and 1 other person like this.
  6. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Well, there is always the 'play nice' rule that should cover it

Slayzz likes this.
  7. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Less stuff to script works for me

Mechaike and lurari like this.
  8. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

If I recall, a new trial could not be started if someone was active in one and only those that were part of the team requesting the trial were allowed in.
    I think the instance times out after everyone leaves for a period of time, but not sure about this.

9. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

So which of these 'Alternate Access' quests were available on AK? Looks like CoD, HoH, Torment, Tactics?

10. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

Did HoH work?

11. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

CoD Bangle of Disease Warding quest definitely was available. In the initial release state (2003-4) the access via key was broken. I don't know how it was functioning after they updated the server to automatic-level-based zone access.

12. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I know the quest you kill stuff in storms for access was available for sure

13. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

The quest you’re referring to is the Tactics bypass quest, which requires you kill Diaku in the desert section.

I don’t recall if it was active on AK as level 60 unlocked Tactics on AK. But I vaguely recall those Diaku mobs existing on AK maybe?

I did the Bangle quest on AK which worked. However by the time I did it I’d already done the Grummus flag so I’m not sure if the flagging piece worked.

I’ll check my logs beginning of next week when I’m back in town.

14. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I did the storms quest on a level 50 something to get tactics access for pling.

15. Mechaike

Mechaike Well-Known Member

The four Diaku in storms definitely existed and dropped key parts. I didn't try to use said key before the level based access happened.

16. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

i remember the Diaku emblem, being changed at a point to grant the entire group a flag, insted of the one guy turning it it

17. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

I had an alt flagged for tactics as part of a group. I never farmed it but someone in destiny had done it and had an extra spot

18. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

What happened on AK when you zoned into CoD from the PoD pit without the Grummus flag?

What does the HoH zone-in flag from PoV do, if anything? No new seer text from it

Did a HoHB first zone-in flag exist?

Did the Behemoth checklist and Thelin hedge maze checklist flags exist on AK? (temp flags that require unlocking memories)

Does Maelin say anything different after getting fully time flagged?

What flags were required to enter PoTorment?

19. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Zoning into CoD without level 55 or the Grummus Flag I believe would spit you back to the Evac point.

I recall you needing to click on the zone in at the bottom of the tunnel underneath Aerin’Dar to complete your HoH flag. What the text said, I’m unsure and will have to check later tonight.

HoHB I’m not actually sure if I ever completed the real flag since the push was broken for this zone and only required 6 flagged people to push an entire raid in on AK. Will check.

Very few checklist flags existed on AK I believe. I’m not sure if either of these existed but I was paranoid about doing preflags in order so I’m not sure I have any personal experience with it.

Maelin did say something after completing the time Flag I think. Will check.

Torment I believe requires Hedge, Terris and Grummus.

20. lurari

lurari People Like Me

1) I recall you would zone into CoD and then after a short period of time (2-3 minutes), the server would kick you out. There seemed to be a sweeping server-side mechanic like this that would check for zone violations periodically and enforce the rules.

2) It was required for Planar Progression. The seer did confirm it, via "You have bested Aerin`Dar and proven yourself honorable enough to pass into Mithaniel's Halls." See below

3) Yes. Pre-flags were certainly required for the Nightmare maze. Gnome crawl in Innovation, probably.

4) Torment required Terris, Bertoxx, and a lot of conversations in Tranquility. I recall at least some of these Tranqulity conversations were permitted to be done after the fact.

5) Yes:
    Reference http://www.alkabor.com/flags.html the old AK staple

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  21. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Re #1 Lurari is probably right, I may be getting my wires mixed up.

I know for a fact on AK my enchanter and Cleric attended a Solusek Raid and didn’t have some flag, maybe rallos Zek? Afterwards I went down the fire tube into PoFire similar to the Grummus tube to CoD.

I even bound those two characters in PoFire and would kill entry mobs by spending 2-3 minutes in the zone before being booted and zoning back in. I did this for a few weeks before we killed Rallos again.

lurari likes this.
  22. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

That seer text comes from the Aerin`Dar planar projection; at least on Live. I killed AD then went to Seer then zoned into HoH from PoT and got a flag from there. To add more confusion I see Layonhands getting a flag zoning into HoH from PoV after he was elementals+fire flagged. Wimpel was time flagged without having the Aerin`Dar flag, so as far as I can tell it was just for HoH access? At least on AK.

Thelin/the maze seemed to have gotten a checklist flag very soon after AK forked. I see mention of it in early December 2002 and the comment mentions it being put in recently. Live certainly has it.

AK has at least half or so of the checklist flags. Most of the rest I found in 2004 era logs. I searched every single checklist flag in all logs so AK might have been missing more than maze, so I need to ask:

Did AK have checklist flags for Keeper of Sorrows/Tylis? Saryrn? Solusek Ro? Grummus?

Was it possible to zone into Torment before getting the Tylis pre-flag? If so, what kind of problems might this cause?

I mean what does Maelin say if you hail him after zoning into time using the Quintessence? Does he just keep giving the "The Quintessence! Oh my this is amazing! I have come into contact with Chronographer Muon..." line?

23. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

excuse my ignorance, but how do you get ele+fire flags if you don't have the aerin dar -> hoh trials -> mith marr -> RZ flags
    https://web.archive.org/web/20090204171152/http://samanna.net/gen.info/prog.pop.shtml

24. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Checklist flags

The following could not be done out of order on Al'Kabor:

PoJ trial -> [Aerin'Dar + 3 HoHa trials: all optional]* -> LMM
    *this was clearly a bug, please don't replicate it

Hedge -> Terris Thule -> KoS/Saryrn*
    Grummus -> HP cycle [not really a flag but required to reach Bertox] -> Bertox -> KoS/Saryrn*
    *KoS/Saryrn requires both TT and the Bert line to be complete

PoJ trial -> Agnarr

All flags not listed could be done in any order (i.e. you didn't need MB to get Zek flags in Tactics, didn't need your BoT flag to kill Agnarr, and so forth) and then fixed by the Seer.

Zone access

ToSR required LMM, Saryrn, MB, VZ, TZ
    Sol Ro's chamber required ToSR prereqs and RZ + 5 Sol Ro minis
    Fire required Sol Ro access + Sol Ro

Earth, Air, and Water required ToSR requirements, RZ, Agnarr, and the Askr quest

So, you could be flagged for Earth/Air/Water without Fire access (missing 5 minis or Sol Ro). You could also be flagged for Fire without Earth/Air/Water access (missing Agnarr and/or the Askr quest).

25. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Neither here nor there, but if I were in your shoes, I would just include all possible checklist flags; having to repeat Saryrn because one person in the raid forgot to hail somebody in Tranquility is not an aspect of early PoP that anyone is likely to miss.

lurari likes this.
  26. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I'm pretty sure Adroha Jezith won't give you the pre-flag until you've both killed TT and finished the Bertox line and done any pertinent post-hails for both, but zoning into Torment without it did not cause any problems. It was necessary for KoS and Saryrn, though, and this was one of the few skipped pre-flags (maybe the only one?) that couldn't be fixed afterward. No flag from Adroha = no flag from Tylis = no flag from the planar projection after killing Saryrn.

KoS/Tylis: No
    Saryrn: No
    Solusek Ro: I think so? But if 85% flagging isn't in, I don't think there's any way to click into Solusek's chamber without having everything necessary for the flag to stick properly. (Edit: oh, you're thinking of the pre-flag from the drake in PoFire. I can't recall for sure, but I don't remember anyone ever missing a Sol Ro flag for the lack of a preflag.)
    Grummus: You could kill Grummus and then go back and fix the preflag (and the drop into CoD from Grummus' room wasn't necessary at all). I don't think you could get Bertox (and thus the pre-flag for KoS, KoS, or Saryrn) without Grummus and the Grummus post-flag.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    lurari likes this.
  27. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I went back and searched through the Tem forums to be sure about these (plenty of examples of people fixing these kinds of things and discovering they were un fixable): you could fix a missed Behemoth pre-flag, but a missed Hedge pre-flag was not fixable.

lurari likes this.
  28. lurari

lurari People Like Me

AD was a useless (vis-a-vis planar progression) flag, yes, for the reason RW noted: HoH-B access on AK was bugged out.

RW largely covered these.

To add:
    Fixing a Behemoth pre-flag is believable from my experience: we were careful, but I can't recall any FUBAR mistakes; hedge runs were routinely run twice due to a small error.

RW covered this one already. This era of EQ had some silly hidden flags that were largely obfuscated from even the best-intentioned players. Flagging problems abounded, and I'm sure given the presence of a GM staff/CS team, you're going to be inundated with people wishing to get their stuff fixed. It's a design decision, and not strictly a bug fix, but it only causes headaches.

As per Dwin's parser, I'd assume his line changed to: "Your soul has formed a bond with the Plane of Time. You can now pass through the portal in the Plane of Tranquility safely."

29. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Just to clarify the Aerin'Dar/HoH/LMM situation:

Killing LMM added the line "you have completed all of honor's trials" to your Seer text even if you hadn't done any trials. It did not add the line "You have bested Aerin`Dar and proven yourself honorable enough to pass into Mithaniel's Halls," but it seemed to satisfy all flagging requirements for completing the LMM line.

However, to actually zone into HoHb without abusing a bug, you needed to have killed Aerin'Dar and beaten all three HoHa trials, even if you'd already killed LMM (and thus your Seer text gave you a false positive line about the trials; just killing A'D in this scenario, or just beating the trials, was not enough).

So without the zone bug, you would indeed have to have killed both Aerin'Dar and the three HoHa trials before zoning into HoHb or killing LMM.

(Neither here nor there, but even abusing the bug, LMM would not stick without a completed PoJ trial. Agnarr worked the same way: no Askr quest? No problem! Fix it with the Seer. No PoJ trials? Karana has nothing to say to you and you'll have to repeat the raid.)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    lurari likes this.
  30. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I assume you mean Fahlia Shadyglade.

Grummus as far as I can tell grants two flags: one for CoD entry which is not part of a series, and one that is part of the Fuirstel series. MMar also seems to grant two flags: half of the 'book' and half of the cipher.

I'm asking what the gnome NPC says at the top of the elevator, not what the Seer says. I believe I have all the Seer text.