6-26-2019

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Jun 26, 2019.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Haynar

* Fixed group recourse spells to land again.
    * Beneficial spell haste focus effects will now work with the cancel magic line of spells and faction modifying spells like Alliance/Collaboration.
    * Druid dire charm, Servant of Nature, will no longer lock spell casting bar when used on wrong type of mob.
    * Fixed an issue with buffs not refreshing after zoning, when the caster has effective casting level increase effects like AA Jamfest.
    * Improved sending buff worn off messages to original casters.
    * Fixed an issue with stacking bard effects, which were not taking the instrument modifier into account.
    * Improved some buff fading code, which was doing some extra unneeded checks.
    * Changed how buffs are loaded after zoning, where it keeps track if buff was cast by a client. This will now remain correct when zoning, and the caster not being in the new zone first. It was dependent on finding the caster in the zone still.
    Torven
    * When an NPC is initially aggroed from a non-aggro state via proximity check, it will now add both clients and NPCs to the hate list simultaneously.
    * No Harm From Players now allows NPC damage except client pets.

Script:
    Robrgen

* Katta: Added a keyword for getting the box from Lcea Katta instead of just hailing.

Lyrina, Mechaike, Sketchy and 3 others like this.
  2. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

3. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Just curious if this can be elaborated on. The first one, I get, but I'm foggy on the second one. Perhaps an example?

4. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I assume no harm from players is an npc flag. Which wasnt working quite right.

Thats a guess. No code here.

5. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

Thank you Haynar for the bard/buff fixes. This has been a pain point for many people for a while. I'm excited to test it out.

6. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

It's not something players would notice. Usually the stuff that wouldn't affect players or would only affect unreleased content doesn't get mentioned.

'No Harm From Players' is a flag we can set for NPCs. I discovered that it was blocking all damage from everywhere instead of just player damage when I was writing PoP scripts, which require NPC on NPC violence.

Mechaike and Mokli like this.
  7. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Plane of War is in, you heard it here first!

Thanks for all your fixes devs, amazing stuff.

8. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Seems every time I camp out, it exits me to server select screen and the char goes LD in-game

9. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I actually spent time working on that. Haven’t got anywhere with it yet. Still a work in progress. So nothing was commited that I changed.

I changed quite a few things. And I think something helped it. So I need to go through changes one at a time and see what actually made a difference. I didn’t finish before patch. I had low confidence in what I had done, would make improvements.

10. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I may have pushed one change. Well crap. Gotta look at my commit.

showstring likes this.
  11. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Before the patch:
    Bard1 could overwrite Bard2's detrimental songs on mobs regardless of instrument modifier.

After patch:
    If Bard2 casts detrimental song on mobs with higher modifier (better instrument), Bard1's song will "Not take hold"

Test setup:
    Level 54 Stringed Instruments song "Selo`s Assonant Strane"
    Bard1: Lyran's Mystical Lute
    Bard2: Lute of Howler

Bard1 snares mobs. Bard2 cannot snare, receives "did not take hold" message on the mobs.

12. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

What is correct?

13. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

I know on AK, higher level spells would overwrite lower level spells. not sure with bard modifier but I think it would make sense if higher modifier would overwrite the lower modifier.

14. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

Something odd seems to be happening with hitpoint buffs. Last night I logged in with buffs and had 7105 hitpoints in PoK, zoned to Iceclad and had 6925, then zoned into Eastern Wastes and had 7294. No gear or buffs changed and all three differences happened within 5 minutes. This was with group focus, ancient aego, and cloak of Akheva.

This morning I logged in with the same buffs and had 6925. This was with the same buffs, group focus, ancient aego, and cloak of Akheva. This morning on a different toon, my enchanter, had focus and ancient aego, which gave him 3999 hitpoints. Zoned several times, clicked off group focus and hps dropped to 3749. Cast shield of the magi and max hps went back to 3999. So focus was only giving 250 hitpoints to the client. Not sure what is happening. I tried to reproduce on test with a naked toon and didn't reproduce it.

15. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Hotfix also had something to fix this. You may have lingering issues until you rebuff. But it wasnt loading caster level correct all the time from the db. But if person who cast spell was in the zone when you zoned in, it would update.

If they werent, sometimes it would set the effective level of the buff to 0, if you zoned again.

16. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

Awesome, yes every buff in question happened prior to the hotfix, thanks Haynar. Really appreciate the work that you guys do.

17. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

honestly, I don't know, I'm new to bard life
    I just had some 'challenges' I didn't experience prior, and I have found a way to mitigate them now

this could in fact be correct behavior now, and it could have been broken/incorrect before

18. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

There are a couple of questions.

Should they overwrite?

Should they update?

Should it update and preserve the highest instrument mod?

Or should it block?

I have no experience with multiple bards. But gut feel, effects should not have to drop. Like bard invis. Even if done with different instrument mods. Never ever seen a discussion about bards matching instrument mods or the need to.

19. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Best guess: for normal songs, I suspect it should update. Mod on the most recent song/pulse wins, even if it's lower.

Only a guess, but this is definitely how it works when one bard is singing a normal song and reduces her mod between pulses (gear swap, puretone or amp or voice wears off, etc), and I believe it's consistent with a lack of "did not take hold" and "your XYZ spell has been overwritten" in multiple-bard situations.

I say "normal" songs because bard stacking rules seemed to be different for songs that affected movement rates, so I don't know if e.g. snare songs behaved differently from others.

20. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Isn't there a cap for snare % anyway, higher mod shouldn't snare / slow the mob more?

This is the behavior I'm seeing now (tested it a minute ago)

Test1: can same bard overwrite with weaker mod
    Bard 1 snares mob with Lute (stringing)
    Bard 1 can over write their own snare with lower mod (percussion/epic)

Test2: can another player bard overwrite with weaker mod
    Bard 1 snares mob with higher lute (stringed)
    Bard 2 can't overwrite with weaker lute (stringed), receives does not take hold message and snare fades once bard1's pulse wears off

21. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Hmmmmmmm, just tested with another detrimental song, and neither bard could over-write the other's song regardless of modifier.

Song: Denon`s Bereavement (stringed)

Bard1: pulses with epic/percussion
    Bard2: can't overwrite no matter what modifier (higher stringed was attempted, spell does not take hold)