Goblin Gazughi Ring Camping

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zygote404, Oct 2, 2017.

1. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

I think he meant the agro aspect right. Didn’t it create a bunch of hate on AK?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  2. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Yes. instaclick selfbuffs created agro and could be spammed superfast on live-AK

3. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I think we've discovered why it's on a level 12 NPC in a once popular exp zone

4. Foxboxx

Foxboxx People Like Me

Grab one and go have fun in Jaggedpine!

5. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

only you had fun in jpf

6. Foxboxx

Foxboxx People Like Me

Leveled up my AK ranger off those cave basilisks!

DubRemix88 likes this.
  7. steve88w

steve88w Member

This guide helped a ton, but I would like to add the following:
    1 - Bring a tracker: Once I saw any of the above PHs, I kept killing them but occasionally, a different mob would be in the chain. When that happens, kill everything until the above PHs are back on track. For me, the first mob on my track list was usually the culprit and would then spawn the next PH.

2 - My Sarnak courier did appear to have a light source. (the ring is a light source)

3 - The PHs can spawn all over the area (appears to be random) and some of them will travel up in the mountains by the Windmill. My Bard track was able to cover about 2/3 of the known PH spawn area so you will be moving A LOT. If you don't see any of the PHs listed above on track, try moving to the middle of the area by the ruins.

4 - PH respawn seems be near instant, but on occasion, it took 30 seconds or so.

5 - if the PHs above are on track, I did not kill any other mobs (unless aggro'd)

Good luck! It took me 5 days (about 2-3 hours each time) and about 35-40 courier spawns.

pivoo, Elroz and Frosst like this.
  8. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

Lucky. I've killed 68 couriers.... no ring : (

9. DubRemix88

DubRemix88 People Like Me

My live druid pretty much learned how to charm in those caves. Probably a very overlooked camp in that level range. The normal basilisk have a huge stun proc iirc

basil.png

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
    Foxboxx likes this.
  10. Golligolli

Golligolli New Member

Also a great source of eggs

11. jintle

jintle New Member

Using the info in early in this post my ranger spawned 56 Couriers, killed 55 before I saw the Goblin Gazughi ring - did this over three days inbetween other non EQ stuff. Became a bit of an obsession, but once Ihad the 2 or 3 spawn rotations figured out was super easy tracking by normal, just very very reptitive. Usually focussed on 2 rotations around Windmill to Goblin ruins, as the other one was south of the Winmill, generally in the hills and I got a lot more aggro from the higher level greens, which took time to deal with.

Elroz and Frosst like this.
  12. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

You punk. I'm up to over 100 couriers, no ring.

13. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Man, that is some really bad luck!

14. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Sounds like Anniversary event memo handins.