New to server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nirrtix, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Nirrtix

Nirrtix New Member

Iam curious what should I expect populationwise here? I notice that this is a smaller server than P1999, but I feel P1999 is very restricting levelwise.

I am hoping to see some end game content and experience the middle game as well.

Can anyone tell me other than the obvious parts about different expansions what is different on this server?

2. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

First ask yourself if seeing boxing, or the idea of boxing is a non-starter. If so, stick with P99. Otherwise:

This server has the most accurate code of any emu ever created. It has a community that upholds raid rotations. A variety of guilds to choose from.

Tired of competing with farmers for the most basic spawns? Not an issue here. Want to actually quest epics without having to farm cash and MQ each piece?

The ability to two box allows you to be self sufficient when necessary. Add a third to be able to do quite a bit more on your own. The servers experience code rewards you for adding outsiders to your box crew. 4 and 5 people gain more exp than just 3.

Prefer to single box? Doable, though classes like bard, Necro, beastlord, enchanter, druid will probably solo better than the others. Pick a dps class to add value to someone else's box crew.

It's worth a shot. The lack of greed here seems to change the way players interact in a very positive way.

Faults and Verdent like this.
  3. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

The most unique part of being here is that it isn't a toxic place like most eq servers are. Whole different vibe.

Multisync, Ransom, pharmakos and 2 others like this.
  4. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

All of the major guilds on the server raid, and I'm not sure any of them have an actual level restriction. You'd for sure be able to see end-game content with most, if not all, of them.

Having spent 3+ years on P99 myself, and experiencing the raiding environment there (logging mains out fully buffed inside respawn windows, waiting for a tracker to ping you on Twitter so you can log in and race to engage a mob before other guilds) TAKP is farrrr closer to a classic experience. People here treat one-another with respect. Being a small server, reputation is important.

You might see some population spikes. Like 150-400. Some people log in just to raid. You might also have difficulty finding groups at lower levels, but if you're proactive and /who all 10 20 or whatever, you can usually build your own groups. Or hit up the alliance channel ( /1 ) and ask if anyone wants to play.

We don't have PoP yet, but PoK is in the game. It makes travelling a lot easier.

If you need starting plat or a couple items, hit me up via PM here or in game (leave a message on Syphietrader) and I'd be happy to help out. Welcome to the server!

Ransom and Neealana like this.
  5. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Ransom likes this.
  6. Verdent

Verdent People Like Me

Bring some RL friends and use the takp discord to chat and make your own little squad. With everyone 2-3 boxing even just two or three real people can do tons of content.

Ransom likes this.
  7. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

We've had entire guilds here based around 5-6 people.

8. rainessa

rainessa People Like Me

Welcome :)

I think what most people notice first is not being able to use mouse wheel to scroll to third person view. You have to play a bit with the f9 key to see different views. I find it pretty disorienting so I just stick in first person.

Rainessa / Leesa / Rainzza

Cygnus_X1 likes this.