So.. What are you working on? Pt. 1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hurikane, Mar 11, 2019.

1. hurikane

hurikane Member

Hello! Hope you're having a wonderful day

So.. What are you working on?
    What Quest? What are your characters? (level/class/race etc)
    Post the Quest link to Alla and tell us how its been going so far? (good spawns?, got trained?, bad loot luck?)

And if you feel like.. "I ain't sharing cause everyone knows about the quest 'SSRA TABLE CLOTH OF DOOM' " Nah dawg.. i dont know that quest.. I dont know shiii about Luclin. Tell me!

So.. Here's what I'm working on/have worked on

My characters are 39 Ench (Deion), 37 Mage (Petboi), 36 Nec (Deadboi).. so some recent accomplishments & funny stories

Got my level 34 Necro Pet Spell made after searching/paying for the words. Got a level40ish nec to combine and it failed :( but he felt bad and used his own words to make it for me! Very generous! (Oozetastic i think his name was! ooze something.. you're the man!)

I've recently got my Iksar Illusion quest, which is great because Troll ruins my armor models.. now I get the regen and look dope!

leveled in Najena a little bit to get my Mage Focuses.. only one I don't have done is the fire one.. didn't see Fire Giant Toes for sale (didn't look that hard honestly), but i haven't really had the fire pet avail since you can't buy em all so it's w/e.

Chipped away at my necro helm quest when I was bored one night but that one will take some patience so I'll wait til around level 40+ ish so I'm overwhelmingly above the requirements.

Finished my mana preserve ring on all 3 guys pretty easily, saw some cougar skins for cheap.. now the next free day i get i'll work on the extended range item

Now I'm looking forward to getting my guys to 46+ each so I can get AAs, esp First Aid lmao!.. (3 Casters, no healer, mage with summon bandages, you get it).. and getting enough $$ for earring of solstice! (one of my fav items in the game)

So.. some stories

I've had a number of different friends come try out the server and its resulted in some pretty funny experiences while trying to get the acclimated etc..

The most wholesome was in Qeynos noob area, the area where my friend and i originally played back in 99-00. I was PLing via FD/Pet & my friend who was getting a little greedy. His HP stay kinda low without a break and lo and behold, the god himself Fippy spawned right on top of him and slayed my bud. I have never laughed so hard in my entire life possibly. The levels of nostalgia and irony were so astronomical I couldn't control my body.

Another similar experience was running my other friend through this quest . Something a high level character did for me when I first joined (ty Ver), but honestly.. I've NEVER exp'd there and I don't remember shit about the first time I ran it but f%# it.. this is EQ baby. So we Invis up and run through this zone.. boy.. I've never con'd shit so fast while running, constantly coaching my friend "IF YOU SEE THE IM ABOUT TO APPEAR MESSAGE YOU SCREAM AT ME", everything is Red, there's so many roamers.. ive got a great set up of the map and my EQ window so i know where i'm going kindaaa.. and finally BAM were in that little random ass room. thank GOD.. my butt hole was clenched the whole way lmao. As were about to unclick invis to get our masks, i accidentally keep moving forward.. theres TWO false doors.. one on each side of the NPC you need to turn in.. and as i materialize through the 2nd fake door.. i spot a patrol npc that's stationed right there for unsuspecting uninvisers to get mutilated by (Devs did this on purpose.. those monsters..) so my "mistake" actually ended up saving us as we waited for the pat to go away and retrieved the mask for my boy. An experience my friend and i still talk about a week later lol. (i love this game)

So yeah.. sorry for the huge wall of text and bad formatting.. ive had such a good time playing here i wanted to share! got any interesting pointers? please share some of your stories or quests! thanks!

2. Yarnee

Yarnee People Like Me

I farm acrylia, I was born farming acrylia, and I'll die farming acrylia.

3. hurikane

hurikane Member

What do you WITH the Acrylia? At what point could you see yourself NOT farming Acrylia?

Do you send plat back to your family farm in Karana?

Slayzz likes this.
  4. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I mostly login crawl a bit of a dungeon and logoff.

5. hurikane

hurikane Member

Any dungeons you prefer? what level are your guys?

6. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I raid.

I grind AAs.

I sleep.

hurikane, Mokli and Slayzz like this.
  7. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

ATM I am working on Make Poison for my little rogue. I know, I know. A completely useless skill. But there it is.

hurikane likes this.
  8. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

60 and ive been digging howling stones recently. Kunark dungeons have a certain joy to the crawl for me.

9. Nakunaru

Nakunaru People Like Me

I log in, wait for my number to be called in a healing rotation, then I log off. The complex life of a cleric.

hurikane, Slayzz and showstring like this.
  10. Zianae

Zianae New Member

Returning to TAKP for my third time, after some real life obstacles have moved on. I've created an assortment of characters based on what I felt like playing each time I've come back, and now I'm trying to figure out which ones to move forward with or start new. I'm not very good at three-boxing, but I'm good enough at two. So I'm deciding what those two will be, and maybe just have a third that can buff or port.

I love dungeoning, so often I'm exploring the low-mid level dungeons like SolA, LGuk, Kaesora... If I am mostly afk, I'll play somewhere safe like High Hold Keep, Dreadlands, Overthere, Lake of Ill Omen, etc. I get a weird kick out of exploring old nostalgic zones, even if they have terrible experience or aren't the ideal path.

Thanks for sharing the extended range quest item, I had never seen that one! I typically do all newbie quests and most of the mid-level armor quests just for fun. I don't spend a lot of time in the bazaar for things I can quest myself.

hurikane and Neealana like this.
  11. lurari

lurari People Like Me

I occasionally log in. My play consists of rolling my face across the keyboard and describing whatever outcome a success.

xilkoril and Slayzz like this.
  12. Yarnee

Yarnee People Like Me

acrylia for tailoring and fletching, ill prolly get bored of tradeskilling and sell all my mats and never finish the aid grimel quest

Manstache, hurikane and Slayzz like this.
  13. Calid

Calid New Member

Playing not much lately ...
    1) Camping the elemental island in twilight sea for the caster sleeves with my mid 40s Ran/Cle duo mostly.
    2)Working my Cleric's tradeskills up for shawl sometime in the future.
    3) Killing giants around the Kael Arena for armour drops,rarely anymore.(There is something especially satisfying killing giants,not sure why).
    Oh 60s with almost no AAs Pal/Enc/Dru box,grouped with a friend who boxes mid 50s War/Cle/Dru.
    3)Searching the web for an attractive *Luclin* zone for my 60s,but in vain. :)
    4)Mostly playing other games (in no special order),PoE (not much also lately,too fast paced for my taste and difficult to get into,too much info to suck up),
    Oblivion,D2,Stardew Valley.
    5)Missing the golden years of EQ (until and including LDoN,ya know before item shops and pocket clerics),also still missing Shards of Dalaya which was even
    better than original EQ until they broke it with a new client some years ago.

hurikane likes this.
  14. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

I manipulate the economy and Scrooge McDuck dive into the BumBank vaults.

Slayzz likes this.
  15. hurikane

hurikane Member

Awesome! Thats a dungeon I look forward to going to

Any specific loot you looking for there?

16. hurikane

hurikane Member

Glad to hear you're back!
    What Trio's have you tried and which are you gravitating towards?

17. hurikane

hurikane Member

So this is the "Aid Grimel" quest

I remember this bad boy from back in the day!

This is the type of info I love!

How far are you into it?

18. hurikane

hurikane Member

How good are the caster armor in twilight sea? I have 3 INT casters and was kinda intrigued with that zone.

19. hurikane

hurikane Member

Whats the best thing you can make from poison?

20. Zianae

Zianae New Member

I seem to fixate on melee... I have a monk, rogue, warrior, ranger and bard all from 20-45ish. I also have a wizard and cleric in that range.

I think I could three box if two of them are wizard and cleric. But I also like shaman and beastlords and haven't made either yet. It's a lot of options, but my inability to three box without frustration leads me to think about just two boxing with maybe a wizard to have just incase lol.

hurikane likes this.
  21. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

You use hotkey net to switch windows right? Or whatever you Mac people use, Total Spaces or something, I dunno. Yup, boxing can be energy intensive, it takes awhile to figure everything out. UI/hotkeys etc, all make a big difference in boxing efficiency.

hurikane likes this.
  22. hurikane

hurikane Member

Why I picked Nec/Mag to make sure I dont get frustrated lol

BL, Druid, Bard would be an interesting combo

23. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Nah its just different and I prefer to crawl rather than camp and HS is nice for crawling.

24. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Been working on my last VT shard for a few months.

Cadsuane and Neealana like this.
  25. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

26. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

I was working on getting the box for my VT key last night when I forgot I still had my OT hammer equipped. So uh, I'll be working on that again today.

Slayzz likes this.
  27. hurikane

hurikane Member

interesting never played rogue either

poisons are like mandarin to me lol

cool that it has an aggro reducing component

28. hurikane

hurikane Member

So what you're saying is you started fighting and then your tank instant transmitioned to kunark?

29. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

Thankfully I was just there alone, but otherwise yes - exactly that. =/

30. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

lol! the 9 poison counters will add significantly more agro than -150 hate decrease, what a comical proc

2 : Effect type : Decrease hate by 150
    3 : Effect type : Increase Poison Counter by 9
    6 : Effect type : Decrease DEX by 60