Chanter "Best Pet" Charming Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mukk, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

I remember reading at one time, an enchanter charming guide, highlighting mobs with too many hp for their level that made good pets, and I've been unable to find it.
    I specifically remember a gnoll in Iceclad Ocean being mentioned.
    Is anyone better at google than I am? Or know where it is?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  2. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

I think this was part of the AK forums that are now extinct. Im pretty sure I remember the same guide.

3. lurari

lurari People Like Me

There was fantastic a @Pithy thread, but it's been lost to the dark depths of the deleted interdimensionalwebs due to the disappointing deed of Nikolai.

Devour_Souls and Slayzz like this.
  4. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Great Divide - Bloodmaw (1) -- Upside, he has ridiculous amounts of HP. Downside he is level 1 and permarooted meaning you need to pull mobs to him.

Iceclad - Keref Spiritspear (35) -- Upside, he has ridiculous amounts of HP (like 32k), Downside, he is a monk so he will not wield weapons when given them.

Dawnshroud Peaks - Ryklo Rykes (44) - This gnome is ridiculously OP for his level. He can quad for 177 once given weapons. He makes very short work of Rockhoppers.

Those were the main 3 from that post. Beyond that there are a few interesting mobs like the Kly in Dalnir who procs an AE 500 DD. The obvious downside here is he destroys you when he breaks. Basically anything that's a rogue. Imps in Nagafen's Lair being a prime example.

DCortez, xilkoril and John Stark like this.
  5. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Pendle Dashinger (lvl 35) in FoB to kill anything in FoB, including the chanter epic mob (Tangrin) there. DCable, has an insane amount of hp/regen, probably 300k ish

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  6. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Except he 100% magic resist here. Or something like that, basically he’s a no go.

7. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

He is also magic immune. So he is only usable with DC.

8. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Ah, ok then. So basically only good for chanter epic mob or maybe farming guards.

9. tomgggg

tomgggg Member

Like Darchon said the Imps in Naggy B are really fun to charm, they backstab for a ridiculous amount, if you're charming in the early to mid 50's they are a fun challenge (with a very not fun CR).

Illis knights in Seb are great charm pets, they hit fast and hard.

The dire wolves in the pit near Tormax in Kael also tear things up and are fun to charm for killing in the arena.

Revenants in Ssra are probably the best charm pet currently in the game.

Essentially any mob that backstabs makes a good pet, you can charm backstabbing goblins in Sol A.