11-14-2018

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Nov 14, 2018.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Torven

* Lull spells landing on immune NPCs and NPCs too high for the spell now display a 'not affected' message.
    * Spell channeling has been reworked for PCs and NPCs.
    * NPCs will no longer have casts interrupted from being pushed. (stuns will of course still work)
    * NPCs are now considerably harder to interrupt with melee.
    * NPCs will try to gate less aggressively when low health.
    * NPCs will now wait until 5 seconds have passed from the start of a gate attempt before attempting another gate if interrupted.
    * Pet bashes now use PC interrupt rolls.
    * PC bash interrupt chance on level 66+ NPCs now caps at 2%.
    * PC bash interrupt chance on blue cons increased. (this was already 100% on NPCs below level 50)
    * Lifeburn no longer feigns the caster.
    Haynar
    * When players/npcs are charmed, only their dot spells will be removed from other npcs to prevent faction wars. Debuffs will now be left alone, if they do not have a damage component.
    * Made some changes to charm logic, to allow NPCs to have multiple charm pets.
    * Added pathing improvements.

Database:
    Torven

* velketor: NPCs no longer loiter.
    * velketor: Castle NPCs are now on Velketor faction.
    * permafrost: Lady Vox given a more custom spell set and reduced mana pool.
    * Root spells removed from the default NPC Cleric spell set.
    * Added lull immunity to a handful of NPCs.
    Robregen
    * Jaggedpine Forest: Elishia Blackguard is now a female.
    * Jaggedpine Forest: Vaurien Sticklebush is now a female.
    * Tradeskill: added missing containers for Leather Padding.
    * Tradeskill: removed racial containers for Leather Padding.

Script:
    Robregen

* East Freeport: Savarixsa Zexus now gives note of recommendation
    * Dawnshroud Peak: fixed a minor dialog error for Ryann Desgrey.

Misc:
    Haynar

* Fixed some pathing areas in sseru and katta.

Lyrina, showstring, Mechaike and 2 others like this.
  2. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

Had a chance to try out the revamped bash mechanic and it is working exactly as I remember. Really appreciate the time you put into getting that AKurate.

3. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

anecdotal / perception based, but I am getting a lot more resists on magic based spells on some mobs
    mobs i could land magic based spells in 1-2 casts without tash, now i'm getting 7+ resists in a row with tash

were there any adjustments made to any mobs resists?

gardnerjens and pharmakos like this.
  4. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Also anecdotal, in case there was something: Could not land a single Disease spell on AHR last night. Probably tried 15, verified that Decay was on. In past, would probably land 50-70% when debuffed.

5. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Do the bash changes affect slam for large races?

6. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

We did Cursed last night and I got a report from a shaman that being charmed by Cursed stripped her slow off. Unfortunately I don't have logs.

7. Beaaden

Beaaden Active Member

Thanks for everything sir, but why that one? I thought it was a normal game mechanic to allow casts to be interrupted by push.

8. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

No changes were made to the resist algorithm. RNG is streaky. I just did some casts to be sure, and they're fine.

Regarding NPC cast interrupts and push/displacement: The lull thread in general forum has some of the data I collected on this. TLDR of it is that I found zero evidence for it and plenty against it. A Sony dev stated that NPCs do not use channeling skill. The vast majority of NPC casts never show a 'regained concentration' or interrupt message and simply cast through melee. Dragon punch (3 unit push ability) never interrupting NPCs + monks complaining about no interrupt (dual wield class). NPCs on raids successfully casting all of their CH spells and logs just plain showing NPCs getting spells off through hordes of melee-- particularly stun immune level 66+ raid NPCs with success rates upwards of 99%. Lots of mana draining on ToV raids in these logs.

It makes little sense to me anyway for raid NPCs to not get spells off simply because your enchanters and SKs make pets, your wizards chain cast level 12 DDs, and paladins face the same wall. Some raid boss spells have cast times, and it would trivialize the fight to shut them off. If pushing then only worked on non-raid mobs, then what sense does it make for them to have coded some push threshold of like 4+ units before any sort of check is done? PCs have a location check for casts to prevent them from being bards; NPC AI can simply be coded to stop so they never needed location checking in the first place.

Mokli and Pithy like this.
  9. Beaaden

Beaaden Active Member

Thank you, good write up. I did see that SOE made that change in 2006 / 2007 era, I guess we are ahead of the curve. Thanks for all that you do.

10. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Thank you for that synopsis Torven.

11. Devour_Souls

Something still isn't right with the bash mechanic. Snakes are casting CH through bash every time they cast it. While all other spells, from the same snakes, are instantly being interrupted. I said in the other thread it appears CH is using some mechanic or odd behavior, just with that one spell. On AK bash interrupted snakes casting CH(1st and second floor trash) 100 percent or nearly 100 percent of the time.

12. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Thanks, I'll see how it goes next time around. (DR has always been necros' worst spell resists on raids, just something to stack in after all fire/magic is all going for an extra 30 DPS.)

13. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I know there are no changes listed for chat channel improvements, but did anything slip in? I'm noticing channels drop on at least one character a night since the patch. My channels have been rock solid for literally the past year prior, so just want to rule server changes out first.

14. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I actually used a Shissar Priest to test the modified bash stun roll. What you're seeing is the RNG failing you on CHs. Chance to interrupt a Shissar Priest at level 60 with bash is now 70%. (it was 50% previously)

I presume when you were on AK, you weren't bashing these as a level 60

15. Devour_Souls

You are right, it was above 60. I hate to waste your time man. Perhaps it is just RNG but I would swear that I've had about 30 CHs not be interrupted by bash while seeing 0 interrupted since the patch. But like I said, every other spell is interrupting like I would expect it to. It's like CH is uninterruptible in the code by mobs above 55. I was seeing this same behavior before the patch though. I would bet that I've bashed 200 CHs on level 56+ NPCs that were casting CH on TAKP without getting a single interrupt. Level 55 cleric mobs interrupt on every single bash like clockwork. Before pets would interrupt them so it was bearable, but now every cleric mob is running out of mana before I kill it. Many, many CHs I am landing 2 bashes and still doesn't interrupt. I just started sieving them because I can't interrupt them. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's right man.

16. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I just tested it again. Bashes are working. What you're probably seeing is the NPC casting complete healing again immediately after the interrupt, because the AI casts heals rather aggressively. (probably a bit too aggressively)

17. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

Interesting comments about Shissar Priests and CH'ers in general.
    -I do not remember Shissar Cleric classes casting CH more than 1-2 times while I was 3 boxing Shissar (lazily so) in Ssra on AK, (War/Wiz/Clr 3box) for comm pieces. On TAKP, I just had a few clerics cast CH like 5 times in a row, kinda kills motivation to farm comm's now, heh. (will still do it, but probably avoid priests)

-Do my logs show any of my time there in ssra for comm's? (and thus seeing how clerics were interrupted by warrior kick stuns, and other things)

-I have a new trio on TAKP- shm/rog/wiz, and I was pretty surprised to see my Wizard's knockback (Thunder Strike or whatever) not interrupting the cleric's CH in Ssra. Granted, I didn't do that on AK, probably. I probably used the cleric to stun fwiw, but I was most certainly not religious about that.

Beaaden and lurari like this.
  18. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I did a few priests at comm1 other day. Had 2 ch at most on ones I killed. Felt about right. Sucked. But might have had a few interrupts. It said was immune to cleric stun. Assuming mobs were 56+.

lurari likes this.
  19. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I do see some kicks not interrupting priests in here. Not many though

eqlog_Fanglore_52_cleaned[65WAR].txt 7638048 [Sat Jul 6 11:17:48 2013] A Shissar Priest begins to cast a spell.
    eqlog_Fanglore_52_cleaned[65WAR].txt 7638092 [Sat Jul 6 11:17:57 2013] You kick A Shissar Priest for 12 points of damage.
    eqlog_Fanglore_52_cleaned[65WAR].txt 7638096 [Sat Jul 6 11:17:58 2013] A Shissar Priest is completely healed.

For spells to work, they need a level limit higher than 55. Most of those are PoP spells.

I'm going to set a minimum delay of 8 seconds between CH casts for NPCs. So if you interrupt a cast right after they begin the spell, they won't attempt another cast until 8+ seconds. When I look at 2004 era logs (which can show what spells they cast) I don't find any CH casts earlier than 8 seconds from the first after an interrupt but find many 8 second delayed casts.

lurari, Mokli, Cadsuane and 1 other person like this.
  20. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Did you account for his tail whips that interrupted casting on AK?

21. Devour_Souls

That sounds great Torven. After your comment I did go and look at the log and was interrupting them with bash at a good clip, but then they were immediately recasting it just as you had suggested. This sounds like a good fix.

Beaaden likes this.
  22. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

Do not believe that warrior kick (55+) ever was 100% bash behavior, for interrupting. I could not say what % it was, though. It was far from 0%, though. I believe it was an ability granted to warriors (at 55) that did not have slam innately, at some point in our era's window.

23. Rexas

Rexas Member

Great change hopefully other Norrath's take head.

24. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Heya. I noticed this code seems to work okay for snakes in Ssra.

However, I don't think it's working for some special mobs that aren't clerics but cast CH anyways. Specifically Neh`Ashiir and possibly also Overking Bathezid in Chardok (I haven't tested this, but I suspect it might behave the same).

Neh`Ashiir is an Enchanter class mob, but also casts CH through a special ability.
    In this case the interrupts were him trying to CH himself over and over. You can't tell that from the logs, but he was casting a heal in-game, and doesn't cast any other heal besides CH. I was kick and bashing him to interrupt, along with mage epic pet stun procs, and he would almost immediately re-cast CH.

[Mon Jan 21 20:29:53 2019] Neh`Ashiir's casting is interrupted!
    [Mon Jan 21 20:29:55 2019] Neh`Ashiir begins to cast a spell.
    [Mon Jan 21 20:29:56 2019] Neh`Ashiir's casting is interrupted!
    [Mon Jan 21 20:29:58 2019] Neh`Ashiir begins to cast a spell.
    [Mon Jan 21 20:29:59 2019] Neh`Ashiir's casting is interrupted!
    [Mon Jan 21 20:30:01 2019] Neh`Ashiir begins to cast a spell.
    [Mon Jan 21 20:30:02 2019] Neh`Ashiir's casting is interrupted!
    [Mon Jan 21 20:30:03 2019] Neh`Ashiir begins to cast a spell.
    [Mon Jan 21 20:30:04 2019] Neh`Ashiir's casting is interrupted!
    [Mon Jan 21 20:30:05 2019] Neh`Ashiir begins to cast a spell.
    [Mon Jan 21 20:30:06 2019] Neh`Ashiir's casting is interrupted!

Slayzz and lurari like this.
  25. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

That NPC casts Healing Touch (842), not Complete Healing

26. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Does that mean the spell Healing Touch will be included in the logic to wait 8 sec?
    Or does it mean it won't. And if not, why not?

lurari likes this.
  27. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

All spells follow the 8 sec stun recast rule yes? Or just CH?

28. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

CH and gate are hardcoded to not recast immediately. It's not a mere database entry.

The evidence I have is of those spells and only those spells.

Is Neh`Ashiir really so difficult to kill that you need this?

Slayzz likes this.
  29. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

It's not difficult, I was just trying to point out a possible omission in your spell logic because the mob casts a slightly different spell. Figured it would help with consistency.
    If you are happy to keep the behavior different, then can ignore my inquiry.

Slayzz likes this.