Returning player, what to do?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Superindeed, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Superindeed

Superindeed Member

Hey all, I played on this server a bit over a year ago. Had a hankering to play EQ again and i enjoyed this server and its folks. I have a duo box SK/shaman at 31 (only characters). I logged in and messed around a bit, but I'm at a bit of a loss of what to do, where I should be leveling, etc. I read through the wiki to find a zone/level at but no luck. Thoughts?
    Thanks!

2. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

So much depends on your goals. Some would say ( at your level ) to go to Sol A now.

3. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Sol A is a lot of cash. You can sell those heavy ass bricks to the gob merchant. I’d take a look at either of those epics as well. I found a lot of epic pieces could be combined with xp in the younger levels. Also, P99 wiki has some nice leveling guides that mirror over here pretty well.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  4. Superindeed

Superindeed Member

Sol A sounds like a good plan, I can get some cash for gear. I have a few pieces of gear from donations and leveling up. My goal is to just level and get gear, eventually hit end game :)

5. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

If you want something safe and boring, high keep goblins are great cash. Can sell to merchants in the keep and there is a bank you can FD and use.

SolA is preferable though, for some danger and better cash. HK will be faster leveling to 35.

SolA gnomes can also take you up to 42 or so before they start to green out. At that point, Kaesora is great to 45ish.

Luclin is also open now. Can always do some twilight sea armor questing when you're closer to the 40s.

6. Superindeed

Superindeed Member

Great advice everyone, thank you. I actually decided to make a 3rd box (mage) and level it up before continuing on. I found my damage with my SK/Shaman duo slow since the damage mostly relies on my SK, which isn't amazing. I'm sure this would pick up later on, but I figured boxing a 3rd as a mage would be low effort for a good damage increase.

7. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

SK dps doesn't pick up much later on either ;) A good 2 hander helps however. Good choice on a mage for a third. Later on, you'll be amazed at how convenient CotH is when grouping or if you want to get other alts down to a specific spot. Mage DS on your SK will help a lot too.

Superindeed likes this.
  8. Superindeed

Superindeed Member

Yeah I'm excited to get my mage caught up to my other characters. My trio doesn't sound like the traditional set up (Enchanter/Cleric/Whatever), but I'm hoping I'll at least hold my own.
    So far everyone I've ran into has been super nice, I'm remembering why I really enjoy this server, the community is great.

9. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

You should do fine with that, until a 2k heal won't cut it in PoP. But even then you could agro kite acceptably. And you'll fit in with a lot of other 2/3 box setups.

10. Superindeed

Superindeed Member

Update! My team is now 47, nearly 48. Got my mage all caught up. Slowed down on the grind a bit, plus kaesora is petering out a bit.
    Gear is becoming an issue as well, I was looking at thurgadin class armor, and twilight armor quests in luclin. Tough to find an era accurate guide for the twilight armor. I may document them in the wiki if I complete them.
    Also been key hunting for appropriate dungeons. Got all the drops for howling stone keys. Seb key is going to suck to get for 3 characters, no trackers!
    Any thoughts on some critical things I should be doing?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Neealana likes this.
  11. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Draeko and Superindeed like this.
  12. Superindeed

Superindeed Member

Great info, thanks!

13. Superindeed

Superindeed Member

Hit 50 (mage 51), and I've been touring some of the 50-60 dungeons. My SK is getting beat UP. My mage's pet is out tanking him at this point. Looks like it may be time to take a break from crawling and work some armor quests.
    SK and two trolls have been rough for my first characters on the server. In retrospective I would've gone with bst/cleric/mag as my first trip. Time to power through it though.

14. Shawn

Shawn People Like Me

Not sure if you have done any of it yet...but definitely work mage epic