Show off your event winnings here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Foxboxx, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Tyrion

Tyrion Well-Known Member

When does this end I just got back from a long vacation ;p

2. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

should the % chance of the ultra rares be set high enough that a player who devotes hours a day to farming weapons during the duration of the event should reasonably expect that they'd get what they're hoping for?

i think no. making it too common detracts from it's value. better luck next year?

Lenas likes this.
  3. BurnDaddy

BurnDaddy Member

Well I participated in all the events and for a solo box player, it was nearly impossible. But I still had fun. It saddened me to learn that the camp I spent nearly a week at had zero chances of getting the desired grand prize. The real bummer was how everyone kept telling me how amazing it was last year and getting me all excited for a loot piñata which is something I’ve always dreamt about back in the day in my older EQ runs. But it’s ok. Just crummy timing and bad luck for me. I still very much enjoyed the events even if the loot chances we’re slim to none. The only thing I’d request is more events through out the year. Different events that no one can pre camp. And events that solo boxes can have a fair chance at. Events with all sorts of rewards and titles etc. would really invigorate playing, grouping and remove us from the mundane key quests and leveling we do everyday.

4. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

mundane key quests? how dare you! VT keying is the best

BurnDaddy likes this.
  5. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Weird, but I camped a lot of shards and I for the most part enjoyed it here. Most were relaxing camps. Got to familiarize with all the new zones, spend some time with guildies. At a time, yah shards drops coupld hurt, but welcome to EQ, everythings a grind.

6. Barnd0g

Barnd0g People Like Me

@BurnDaddy

Yeah I guess it’s all about balance...if the rewards are too generous then it can really screw with the market like we saw last year with certain items (cof, aon and fungi for memory) but on the flip side, if hardly any rewards are given it can really turn people off.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  7. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

lol@ market on TAKP.

Come on now.

Mokli, pharmakos and John Stark like this.
  8. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

Don't let Bum hear you.

9. YodaAK

YodaAK New Member

The thurgadin brick quest has been brutal for me with a total of 60 turn ins. Also it would be cool if other old classic pre nerf items were added. They would be such a nostalgic awesome thing. Also titles would be another cool reward.

10. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

I know @Yarnee is at 100 turns ins + and no brick.

YodaAK likes this.
  11. YodaAK

YodaAK New Member

Also people say if other old school pre nerf items were added that they would be too OP Yada Yada. That our market would get saturated and that it would imbalance the server. First of all the market on this server sucks as much as it possibly could anyways and the fact that it’s a 3 box server pretty much made it as imbalanced as it could get. I don’t think a few mana stones, moss covered twigs, or circlet of shadows would make a whole huge difference. It would make a few lucky people super happy though.

Rieve likes this.
  12. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I wish I could dislike a post.

13. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Rants and Flames has been pretty weak the past few years. I welcome the drama. Would give me something to read at work or while I'm xping in empty zones when the anniversary events are live.

Walex and YodaAK like this.
  14. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

I have went from KOS to coldain to max ally with about 60 turn ins no brick.. at least the dwarfs like me again.

15. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

I got a Thurg gate brick after 12 turn ins this year (on the second day). Last year, 80 turn ins, no brick. The year before that, 50 turn ins, 2 x bricks. RNG is going to RNG. I am done with it, I was lucky. Still, great events, thanks devs!

Neealana and sowislifesowislove like this.
  16. Barnd0g

Barnd0g People Like Me

Who hurt you? I want names!!!

YodaAK and lurari like this.
  17. Thunderace

Thunderace People Like Me

18. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

19. Tarkon

Tarkon Well-Known Member

I got a thurgadin brick on what I believe was my 12th turn-in of a memorandum of dwarf slaying.

20. Yarnee

Yarnee People Like Me

im at like 150+ memorandum turn ins, still no brick. If i had to guess based on the rewards ive received, me thinks it works something like this. When you turn it in a dice is rolled, theres different tiers for the rewards -> 0-40 gets you bead necklace etc and some money, 40-60 gets you crappy gem and money, 60-90 gets you nice gem + money, 90-95 gets you rare valuable gem + money, 95 - 100 - a second dice is rolled 1 = 10 dose port of bone field, 2 = 10 dose port of swamp, 3 = 10 dose kilvas skin of flame, and 4 and 5 (2%) are brick.

anyways, good night, back at it tomorrow :(

21. Sheeps

Sheeps New Member

I got the guise the first year this came out and deleted it not knowing it was inventory clickable maybe someday I'll get it again

Verdent likes this.
  22. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

I've turned in 40+ weapons so far, of about 10 different types. There certainly seem to be some weapons that never give a C token (Axe of the Iron Back, I'm looking at you!) and others that give out C tokens more regularly. Or it could just all be random chance!

However, I've been surprised over the past few days to see that nobody else has announced they've picked up a guise. It seemed like there was one a day from the 25th-28th or so, but it's been pretty quiet. Or maybe people are getting them and not saying anything. I'm sure a big part of it was people stockpiling turn-in items.

I assume turn in/award chances don't change throughout the event, as far as everyone knows? This week is no different than last?

23. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

Def took a break last night on the brick turn in.

24. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Well I had some crazy luck... Got brick on 9th turn in, 11th turn in, and 12th turn in heh...

Ripwind, Slayzz, Barnd0g and 2 others like this.
  25. Tuen

Tuen People Like Me

26. Tyrion

Tyrion Well-Known Member

Got a brick this morning thanks rngesus

Devour_Souls and Ripwind like this.
  27. Yarnee

Yarnee People Like Me

i got a brick too!

28. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

I got a brick too.