Regarding the kiting of large numbers of NPCs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torven, Dec 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I think 80 is fair number to settle on.

And I also understand setting it lower in HoH or Skyfire type zones where pathing was known to be horrible. I do hope these are few and far between though. Not every zone had horrible pathing to prevent AE pulling, and even in the zones that did it often was localized to a single area not zonewide (HoH and Skyfire tend to be exceptions to this as they were plain awful everywhere).

For our information so we can bug report after the patch, is the expected behavior that additional mobs won’t add to a kite when 80 are already on the hatelist or how will it function? Or are we going to find out by randomly getting DT’d or summoned etc?

Also am I correct to assume we are green lit to AE kite or train around whatever after the patch (assuming we aren’t using geometry/pathing exploits of course), and the code will handle any objectionable behavior?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  2. Thunderace

Thunderace People Like Me

I just wanted to quote Necra.

Responding in this thread is a fraction of the time this man spends working on this server. Thanks for being in communication with the takp community. Thank you to all the devs for giving your time to this project. Also thank you to all the players testing / sharing information. We as a community are thankful.

Again, what would this server look like if there was a guild uplifting another guild mindset.. Where Tem openly offered to share coth bots and/or not trip about Rimi being in VT. Where everyone could sit at a roundtable and be equals.

If Tem's policy as a guild is to keep intelligence on content amongst themselves that's their choice.

At the end of the day, we are all human beings looking at pixels on a server being run by other humans like Torven. Whatever you got going on in your RL will be there when you log off. If you need to hop onto eq and be a badass bis everything toon to feel amazing. What would it be like if you were a baddass in rl bis everything human being?

To be fussing about this or that. It's quite silly. Merry Christmas

Kagatob, Notorious, pharmakos and 2 others like this.
  3. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Skyfire is a somewhat unique case because yes, the pathing was super terrible, but also because it's a bottlekneck for epics and the NPCs are high level and drop spells. I can't think of any other earlier era zones off the top of my head that would need a lower-than-default limit.

Mobs won't drop from the pile unless they've been there for awhile. The limit number reduces somewhat if there are multiple kiters. I added a small chance for a mob to warp on the kiter if they pull over the limit to prevent him from re-aggroing lost mobs over and over. (and this happens to be AK-like) Mobs won't assist on the train for a short time after they drop. New mobs are unaffected in any way, no matter how many you have. (so you can't pull 80 and run into stuff safely)

Yes, you can kite all you like after the patch. The goal is to enforce rules with code. If I'm unsatisfied with something, I'll very probably just allow it until the next patch where new code/limits will resolve it.

Slayzz likes this.
  4. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

Yeah, not that I really care what I said was quoted. But just because someone sent you their chat logs and decided not to redact things doesn't necessarily mean that I consented to being recorded nor published.

Bragon likes this.
  5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Thanks Torven, I look forward to testing it out.

Mars, the server does have an uplifting mindset, our rotational spirit guarantees this. On this server everyone is guaranteed their ability to make attempts at mobs that are within their reach. Every guild on this server has benefited from this at some point or another.

6. Thunderace

I'm not speaking to that point Darchon. The rotational spirit does not equate uplifting mindset.

"Where Tem openly offered to share coth bots and/or not trip about Rimi being in VT. Where everyone could sit at a roundtable and be equals."

Is what I said.

7. Yarnee

Yarnee People Like Me

I spent a lot of 5 hour stretches sitting waiting for Aary/Eashen/Iki to be pulled from a train

Kagatob, Rhanx and Slayzz like this.
  8. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

That sounds all very nice and cumbaya but I do think there is a much better sense of accomplishment when any guild accomplishes those sorts of feats on their own. To my knowledge Tem and most other guilds have always been willing to help share some strats with maybe a few kept to themselves which can be understood.

But we all should complete the task itself on our own. Not hand fed victory.

No participation trophies here :). Participation trophies are what’s wrong with the world these days. Earn that ish

Cadsuane likes this.
  9. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

There I fixed that for you. I know you're trolling, but got to stay accurate in your troll facts.

Carry on.

10. Thunderace

I got them Necra quote me feelz

before his guild even attempt emp.

who cares? lol

11. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

Apparently you, you brought it up, I merely fixed an inaccuracy in your statement.

12. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I would have if the text included anything that was remotely shameful. I haven't found much in these logs that would be considered embarrassing, honestly-- except for some 'I exploited X Y and Z by doing A B and C' and gamer-bro talk. I'm doing searches for keywords (e.g. 'warp' 'TVX') and I have better things to do than read conversations I've heard all my gamer life in various guilds.

I can guarantee you that some people will think I make some of that up if I remove all the names. The person making the claim also matters considerably, so who spoke is very relevant. e.g. Darchon's words carry a lot of weight.

In your case somebody else was making the claims, so redaction of your name could have been done without influencing the credibility of those claims, and I'll keep that in mind for later.

Sketchy likes this.
  13. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Actually sounds pretty reasonable and quite a creative reproduction of an era-appropriate mechanic. Will be interesting to see how it behaves in practice.

Slayzz likes this.
  14. Thunderace

you sound like an asshat irl, /hug

Widdle, Vladimirr and Rhanx like this.
  15. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Was actually thinking the same thing.

16. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

to be more akurate you don't need emp key to have VT key

Kagatob likes this.
  17. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Giving you a free "in" to content you haven't worked for yourself is not treating you as an equal, it's coddling and hand holding. Temerity has no obligation to lift you up to a competitive level before you've put in the effort yourself, nor do you have a place at their table.

Edit: so there.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  18. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

But all of this being Said, why is it an issue if people that havent killed emp loot rifts?

Kagatob likes this.
  19. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

It isn't, but it also isn't an issue if a guild decides to destroy any drops they don't need before leaving.

Kagatob likes this.
  20. gardnerjens

so can you sell Rifts?, can i loot rifts on be looted on old retired toons from Imperium?

21. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

Pretty bad timing to say something like this. Pathing is beyond broken across more than half of the game right now.

I'm not saying you did it, or that it was done on purpose, just that its the case right now and it would be much better to remedy those issues before purposely adding even more code that will cause mobs to not path as they should once some arbitrary number is hit.

I thought it was specifically being GM enforced that any player zoning into VT has to be in a guild that has killed Emp twice. That sounds very much like "an issue" to me.

Vladimirr, Thunderace and Rhanx like this.
  22. Thunderace

Thanks for your opinion. Maybe we are playing a different game.

To me, this game is a people helping people game. Someone who comes to mind is Ryan the Server Legend. I have a strong feeling Ryan and I are playing the same game.

I wonder if that player is thinking "muhahahaha or heheheehe" as they are destroying rifts.

Vladimirr and Rhanx like this.
  23. gardnerjens

if any needs coth bot placed let me know

Kagatob and Thunderace like this.
  24. Yarnee

Yarnee People Like Me

THe issue is over with now. We've killed Emp many many times now and our rifts are rotting too.

Thunderace and Slayzz like this.
  25. Tarkon

Tarkon Well-Known Member

I am not a GM, but I imagine that any toon that loots a rift with the permission of the leadership of the force that took down Emperor is in the right.

26. RedFerno

RedFerno Member

Everytime I read this thread I get the same theme song in my head -

Widdle, Bum, gardnerjens and 3 others like this.
  27. Yarnee

Yarnee People Like Me

WTS rift, inquire discreetly JK

Slayzz likes this.
  28. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Citation needed?

29. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

The first thing I did after we killed emp the first time was zone into VT.

Lock me up.

Kagatob, showstring and Slayzz like this.
  30. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Perhaps there is more than one but I saw something in that video:

IMG_0677.PNG
    IMG_0678.PNG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.