TAKP GAMES - 11/3 11/4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Widdle, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Dane

Dane People Like Me

Somebody join Thucy!

2. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

Well, it's probably for the best, I've just had mywhole leisurely weekend exploded and I've gotta back out

3. Foxboxx

Foxboxx People Like Me

Yarrr! It was a fun first round of events. Watching all these so called elves get lost in Kelethin and dying to the ranger guild was just perfect. Rangers haven't been that feared since their PvP damage was nerfed! The riddles were great. That last one (for us) in TD had us all really scratching our heads. Even went so far as to suggest DN because apparently an item with a charge of resuscitate used to drop there!

For those curious: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6653

Slayzz likes this.
  4. weirdog92

weirdog92 Member

Forced me to go to zones that I didn't even know existed. Stonebrunt? Really?

Also don't ever make me do the cleric epic run again, tyvm.

But this is fun. Looking forward to tomorrow

Slayzz likes this.
  5. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Ya good times! The riddles were awesome! We didn’t put up a W but was fun nonetheless! Looking forward to tomorrow. Thanks Marie!

6. Foxboxx

Foxboxx People Like Me

Wooo! Got to realize how terrible at jeopardy we all are! Had a lot of fun with how we fumbled through those questions, and managing to lose my team about 1200 points =P. They were begging me not to answer the General AA question near the end! Hah!

As for the PvP, I don't think anyone even tried to hit me or dispel me a single time! I was saddened by the lack of focused damage =(.

Anyway, had a lot of fun! Thanks for organizing and I look forward to the next one!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    Slayzz likes this.
  7. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Ya big shout out again to Marie for putting this on. Was a TON of fun. The scavenger hunt and jeopardy were awesome. Even if I was not good at them haha. Congrats to the big winners on team Swifities and thanks to all teams and people who participated. Until next time :)

8. Dryfly

Dryfly Active Member

Marie - I hope you enjoyed your chaos ;) Good times my friend.

Slayzz likes this.
  9. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

Marie, thanks again for hosting. That was a ton of fun. Especially the scavenger hunt and jeopardy. I'm glad everyone walked away with nice prizes too.

Thanks to Slay and Mars teams as well for the good sportsmanship. I hope more teams get a chance to participate next time. It's rare for a player-led event to have such a dedicated host, but worthwhile when it happens. Sure beats the hell out of camping LOIO.

Slayzz likes this.
  10. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Wtb results post along with scripts/logs

11. ingwit

ingwit Member

I recorded the PVP portion, my recording software wasn't properly configured for the EQ window, so the quality isn't great.

12. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

My eyes are bleeding

Those graphics

#teamluclin4life

Kagatob and Mokli like this.
  13. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

That was a lot of fun, Marie! I'm bummed I wasn't able to stick around for day two but day one was a blast. That scavenger hunt was amazing, and you really had us stumped. We ran to *so* many different zones trying to get those last two clues!

Can't wait for the next one

Slayzz likes this.
  14. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

How are we even friends? (yankee/texan, teamgnome/team5head, classic/luclin)

15. Widdle

Widdle Active Member

Hahaha - I'm PUMPED you guys all had a great time!

Kelethin definitely requires some wolf forming. I think I learned this last time we did it... maybe I forgot... maybe it's kinda mischievously fun to watch as a spectator evil races getting killed - who can be sure!

Scavenger and Jeapordy are my fav, too! I love the nostalgia of it... typically when I try to come up with riddles and questions - I look at EQ Atlas zone connecting maps and think - where do I never go? (sometimes even) where have I never been? how far can I make these bitches run?

Here is a breakdown of the Scavenger games!

Hear ye, hear ye! Heed my words treasure-hunters, for I shall divulge them only but once. As you voyage through these lands in search of six precious tokens, tis a requisite you travel as a team. Find strength in numbers.
    • Marie strokes the spikes on her Black Acrylia Halbred. So, I hear you want to be the strongest in the land? You can't by wielding just ANY weapon, you first need to practice trying them all out.
    These were the main clues that lead you to Kogar, the only mob that sells a Wooden Practice weapon of every kind (1hs, 2hs, 1hb, etc).
    [​IMG]

• When you're done warcalling your chest, try finding someone who stocks something with more resuscitating properties;
    Here you're looking for the epic giver of the Water Sprinkler of New Ankh. So, I later in the games hinted that clue #1 + #2 are somewhat related. In clue #1, you're looking for melee weapons (for becoming the strongest in the lands), here I'm hinting defensive ability may make you the strongest, and to find the same thing (a weapon), but with resuscitation (res). I gotta say - for having Drudger (main cleric), and Nukem (someone who 3 boxes clerics) - I really thought this was going to be Swifties first score, not their last! =P
    [​IMG]

• You'll find you have many lives, even if you get lost in a hole of a palindrome city.
    Kejek City. I knew this one would be one of the tougher ones. The many lives bit is less helpful and moreso affirming when you go through the list of palindrome spelled cities, to find it's one of cats. I think you had to farm animal pelts to get this one ;)
    • TAKP is a place for all kinds of peculiar types - looks can be deceiving though, theres tales of barbarians known to take ones breath away.
    I mean, in addition to dropping the worn enduring breath Fishbone Earring - Hadden is quite the sight for sore eyes.
    [​IMG]
    • While each one is special in their own right, there is only but one has innate skills of their own kind.
    Still referencing race here - and the only race with their own skill is gnomes with tinkering skill. Y'all had to know there'd be a brell following cookie here, so in the hometown of Ak'Anon operates Rylin Coil who sells tinkering supplies.
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [​IMG]

• And lastly the relationships can sparkle here, sometimes making dragontastic and Prismatic creations.
    This bit relies on knowledge of EQ lore:
    "Vox, the frost dragon, was banished from the Claws of Veeshan for plotting with Lord Nagafen to breed another prismatic dragon like Kerafyrm."
    This also could've let you to SolB, but I figured checking both was part of the game.

It was such a blast hosting all the events and getting to spend time aside from the normal grinds. Thanks to everyone who participated - I'm glad to hear you have a great time! (even if I made you run to TimDeep) <3

Cadsuane likes this.
  16. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

This... lol

17. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

You think that's far?

I was convinced that hole of a palindrome city was Tower of Frozen Shadows. Since in EQ2 the second floor is named "Palindrome", and you can get lost in ToFS easily, and we couldn't think of any palindromes in the game. I had my team run PoK -> GD -> EW -> IC -> ToFS, only to see the zone empty.

Slayzz likes this.
  18. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

mordir what were you casting in the pvp?
    was marie charmed?

19. Foxboxx

Foxboxx People Like Me

Poor little gnome got disarmed almost immediately after landing a hit on me, so we had a gnome monk running around for about 2 minutes before pity was taken and it was pointed out! Bwahaha!

Hah! We have Nuken to thank for figuring out the Stonebrunt one. He somehow put that together, and somehow even more mysteriously died on the way to you! A great adventure was had. The Hadden riddle was my favorite, because in hindsight it makes perfect sense and seems obvious! The Ak'anon riddle was truly me just saying "It's Marie. There is definitely one in Ak'anon! I don't know which riddle we're solving, but one of them is definitely there!" =P

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    Slayzz likes this.
  20. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Omg camping Hadden here in Classic with some of the old timers, generally pretty respectful, but man that was a hot camp at times. Some shenanigans for sure.

Kagatob and Slayzz like this.
  21. rcorlan11

rcorlan11 New Member

If I miseed the team list Im sorry. I was only around for the first race on Saturday. Had a blast, got to meet a bunch of people on the server. Had a quick question. Was I supposed to win anything for taking second in only the first event? Thanks Bigyema SK, Lilyema SHM

22. ingwit

ingwit Member

Most of my casts are dispel.

I also casted: funeral pyre, vexing, and splurt after a few dispels landed on our kill targets, harmshield to change my spell lineup, dooming darkness, trucidation, and a life burn.