TAKP GAMES - 11/3 11/4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Widdle, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Widdle

Widdle Active Member

Step right up - Come one, come all!

[​IMG]

With Luclin in full swing and the AA grind well underway - I wanted to mix things up with some pre-holiday shenanigans! I will be hosting TAKP Games, a 4-part event extravaganza open for all walks of kind alike to join in on!

Event Outline:
    • Everyone is welcome, and there is NO fee to participate.
    • Event 1 + 2 will begin on 11.3 @ 9:30a and 11:30a PST // 12:30p and 1:30p EST.
    • Event 3 + 4 will begin on 11.4 @ 9:30a and 11:30a PST // 12:30p and 1:30p EST.
    • One toon per person (does NOT need to be your main), 5 members MIN - 6 members MAX per team. MUST use same toon for the whole event.
    • SIGN-UPS are HERE, deadline: 10/31. Please sign up name of toon to be played. The first FIVE teams to sign up will receive an in-contest advantage.
    • You may make 2 player, not toon, substitutions throughout competition. The size of your group cannot change through the competition. Please notate the spreadsheet for any substitutions in advance.
    • Don't have a team? Don't fret, sign up in the green LFG section to be assigned to one.
    • POK Gate/Port/Stones are the only uses of teleportation permitted, no other ports.
    • Voice chat is permitted. OT Hammers permitted, Gate IF bound in POK.
    • This is NOT a serveradmin event. Do not bug our tireless developers with questions about what time does it starts and yadi.
    Prizes
    • EACH of the 4 events will have an 125,000 PLAT PRIZE for 1st place.
    • Top-ranking teams will be awarded TAKP trophy tokens:
      • 1st place = 3 tokens
      • 2nd place = 2 tokens
      • 3rd place = 1 token
    • The team with the most tokens at the end of the competition, will win an ADDITIONAL 500,000 PLAT PRIZE.
    • Yes, you heard that right. Your team has the opportunity to win a ONE MILLION plat prize. Have I got your attention now? :)

PART 1: Drunken DASH
    Sat 11.3, 9:30a PST / 12:30p EST

[​IMG]

This will work like a relay race, taking place on the beautiful island of Fawyder and beginning at the base of the acrobatically death-defying city, Kelethin. There will be multiple check points you will need to hit, all while Mariah Carey wasted.

• At the take off point - there will be a WoA <Watchman of Ak'Anon> overseeing the post. You will 'Hail' as you cross that beginning 'check point'. Feel free to Hail and SHOUT and Champion Taunt with all your heart the moment your run first begins, for log memories. /hail hydra, if you'd like.
    • At each WoA checkpoint, you will be given instructions of your next WoA check points whereabouts.
    • Choosing your personal spirit-pleasure throughout the lands, you will drink a case of 20, or until the bartender cuts you off and blocks you, whichever comes first.
    • No team can have more than 1 member of a team in a town at a time. When one exits the town, they are to Hail the next person on their way into the city. That person will return the Hail and is then permitted in the city. For example:
      • (1) Your partner comes down the elevator at Kelethin.
      • (2) The hails exchange then occurs: Jonathan says, Hail Bum. Bum says, Hail Jonathan.
      • (3) The next in your groups designated sequence will go.
      • Watchmans will be watching.
    • The first team to get all members to the last check point, wins!

PART 2: Game Called 'Quest
    Sat 11.3, 11:30a PST / 2:30p EST
    [​IMG]

Everyone will be given a set of 6 riddles to decipher. The riddles will lead you to WoA's across the lands that will each give you a token of honor. Some may not be so generous immediately, and require something of you in return.
    • You will need to travel as a group. All team members will need to be zoned and travel as one unit to proceed.
    • To reiterate, POK ports and POK stones are the only ports of use.
    • A word to the wise will be to go /roleplaying - so other teams don't see what you are discovering.
    • Internet searching is permitted.
    • The riddles will be posted on this thread at the time of event for easy viewing.
    • The first team to acquire all 6 tokens, wins!

PART 3: JEOPARDY
    Sun 11.4, 9:30a PST / 12:30p EST

[​IMG]

Think you know just about everything there is to know on the topic of Everquest, eh? This event will test your knowledge on a range of #EQfacts, in Trebek fashion.

• This will work like regular Jeopardy, having 6 categories with 5 respective levels of difficulty and corresponding points.
    • Teams will rotate a member per question, using the opposite sequence they used for the Drunken Dash.
    • You will need to answer in the form of a question. Beginning with 'Who is', 'What is', and end with a question mark '?'. Have them typed out so you're ready to fire answers off!
    • You are given 1 letter spelling error per answer.
    • If no one gets the answer, a WoA will open the question to all and the first from any team to get the answer correct, scores their team half the points of that question.
      • Example: A question for 400 would award 200 points.
    • Internet searching is not permitted, nor is telling your teammate the answer. I obviously can't stop people from cheating here, but lest we not cheat.
    • The team with the most points at the end of the board, wins!

PART 4: Battle of the Ages
    Sun 11.4, 11:30a PST / 2:30p EST
    [​IMG]

We will finish out the TAKP Games in the Arena with an all out teams dual to the DEATH.
    • There will be a single elimination tournament bracket board for progression.
    • You will be given a designated amount of time to buff and strategize for battle.
    • All competing teams will battle simultaneously, in a series of rounds.
    • Once you die, you're out for that round. You will be res'd on the sidelines by a WoA to watch until the round is over.
    • WoA's will issue Yellow Card penalties (-100 dmg) for damaging a team other than the one you are currently fighting, and Red Card death penalties for doing so a third time.
    • The undefeated team, wins!
    Assemble your team, suit up to win, and get your warrior spirit on!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    Lyrina, Saenayil, surron and 2 others like this.
  2. Busta

Busta New Member

I'm in if there's naked running of the gnomes only.

3. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

We'll be right back after these words from our sponsers..

4. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

[​IMG]

Oiwon likes this.
  5. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Widdles to decipher? Sia videos? Drunken shenanigans!? Damn that sounds like fun!
    /applaude
    /thank
    /applaude
    /cheer

6. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

When she ran this in guild it was a blast !

Oiwon likes this.
  7. Morbo

Morbo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Oiwon likes this.
  8. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

As an added challenge, contestants will need to still show up on time even after rolling clocks backward on 11/4.

[​IMG]

Bum and Morbo like this.
  9. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

damn that prize money is "I'm quitting the game here's all my pp" kinda crazy

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  10. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Realistically probably only a dent in Marie's coffers.

11. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

I’m in sounds like fun Marie! Very cool that you are even putting this on in the first place. Cheers friend

12. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

I'm stoked for this. Thanks for hosting Marie

13. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

A couple of questions:

1. Are OT gate hammers allowed for the scavenger hunt?

2. Do subs have to be declared in advance or can people show up 'day of' and sub in for a team?

3. Are there any folks LFG?

14. Mitya

Mitya Well-Known Member

I was totally all in until I realized that I have no toons nowhere near a level that can compete on the duel to the death being as my highest is 35. But it does seem like fun! Good luck to participants!

15. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

True, a level 35 may not fare well in PVP, but you could still win the first 3 events pretty easily.

Slayzz likes this.
  16. Widdle

Widdle Active Member

Heyo!

Super pumped to host this. I made all those plats to the thanks of all you guys and the solstice moons gods, happy to circulate some back!

To answer the questions/points above:

1. OT Gate hammers will be permitted (OP updated), since it's essentially POK. This means having a druid/wiz in group to get to home base is not too much of a leg up. You can also use gate IF your bind point is POK.

2. In regards to subbing people in/out of teams, also going to loosen this up. I'll break the signup sheet out by event, and feel free to sub people in/out as peoples schedules permit. I want to eliminate road blocks for everyone to enjoy as much of the event as they can.
    Caveat:
    • A person cannot switch which toon they play throughout the event, whatever you choose must to play must be consistent.
    • The size of your team needs to remain consistent through event (whether 5 or 6 players).
    • Team Captains to keep the sheet as up to date as possible, as it'll make the back end smoother.

3. Aye, PVP will be favored to those of higher levels - but I intentionally broke the prizes out so that the server at large can participate, and the grand prize is still very achievable by any level group.

TWO MORE WEEKS! Get your names on the leaderboard for that in-contest advantage!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    Slayzz and Morbo like this.
  17. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

Team signed up and ready to rumble

18. Thunderace

Thunderace People Like Me

Consider restructuring PVP so that it is an even playing field. Ancient: line of spells / VT gear is an obvious advantage that skill cannot overcome.

19. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

PvP is just one aspect of the games. I think it’s fine like it is. Even the lvl 35s... come on out and do the drunken run and jeapoardy. Gathering my team now. Game on!!!!

Quirk likes this.
  20. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

Hopefully some people run streams of this :)

Oiwon and Slayzz like this.
  21. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

The house has to win somethin

lurari likes this.
  22. lurari

lurari People Like Me

The PvP tournament should be restricted to naked level 1 gnomes. No use of any spells permitted.

23. Thunderace

Thunderace People Like Me

Thats the next event, GNOMERCY

gnomes v gnomes

Bum, Rhanx, Sketchy and 1 other person like this.
  24. Widdle

Widdle Active Member

Buuuuump!!

Games will be taking place next week - remember to get your teams signed up!

For PVP, we'll prohibit the use of the Ancient line of spells to help level the playing field a bit.

Slayzz likes this.
  25. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

With the exception of Eternal Rapture, I don't think Ancients will make a big difference. Its more about VT's end game resists (even NToV/Doze) vs group gear. Not sure how that can be balanced or policed though, or even should be. *shrug*

26. Widdle

Widdle Active Member

Yeah - restricting gear is tough, many folks (myself included) destroy pieces they've upgraded from in addition to many guilds have been taking down SSRA/LiS/boss mobs other than VT, so it'd be a can of worms to draw a line on whats fair or not. I have a couple ideas of what may do the trick, but will all come down to who all we get signed up. With that said, still very likely for a group of level 30's to take home the big cake here.

Sign up and I'll do my best to make all aspects as fair as possible for all.

Slayzz likes this.
  27. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Our client doesn't show if someone is using ancient spells. You're only preventing debuffs.

28. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

Well if you need to cheat to win this totally funsies event, do us all a favor and just put me on your team first. I'd hate to lose to a cheater.

Morbo, Rhanx, Slayzz and 1 other person like this.
  29. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

I have permission from Marie to post some of the Part Two from last year. So everyone can see the difficulty of the Quest ! Honestly, I had a blast ! ( am working this weekend, so cannot play ). Be sure to be anon so others cannot track where you are !

Hear ye, hear ye! Heed my words treasure-hunters, for I shall divulge them only but once. As you voyage through these lands in search of six precious tokens, tis a requisite you travel as a team and abstain for ports, gates, or bardspeed (internet use is permitted). Find strength in numbers.
    • Break these vows and fear my wraith - even a king of the jungle could not survive it; eye will be watching.
    Clue: What didn't the King of the Jungle survive, and where? (gorge). The 'eye' to tie it in.

• Do good and be kind along your journey. Sometimes, a man most capable of preserving life can choose only to believe in death. ( Xeture Demiagar )
    • Set a better example: if you can save a maiden hiding from the hands of dark men, do so.
    The Maidens Fancy brothel in Neriak

• After all, it's not uncommon you wittle street rats have walked similar paths before.

wittle (Widdle, I mean... come on) + street rats (Aladdin) walking similar paths. What would an enchanter need to do that a rogue also needs to do?

• These are the beliefs of the queen - align with her as she is known to reward handsomely.

Chardok Queen... "align" with her, who infamously made me rich.

• Lastly, a final speckle of advice: sometimes when you feel the most lost, you may actually be the closest to everything

30. Widdle

Widdle Active Member

Bump!!!

We'll be meeting tomorrow at the base of Kelethin! If you haven't signed up yet, get your team on the leaderboard by tonight! Who's going to be walking away with the phat platz?! Could be anyone's game!

[​IMG]