Level 22 Dungeon Suggestions for Mage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Martigan, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Martigan

Martigan New Member

I've been fighting in the Warrens. Awesome exp up to this level. I've been soloing with my Mage at the SBM zone line more recently. Now most are greens and light blues. My question now is, what dungeon would you suggest I go to now? I went to Najena, but it seems like everything at the top level is green, and any blues I find agro other mobs as well. I get close but end up having to run or gate. I also went to The Overthere, but mobs are few and far between.

Asteria likes this.
  2. lurari

lurari People Like Me

3. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Honestly? HHk to 34, kaesora to mid 40s, and then whatever you wnat to seal the deal (HHK again?!)

Asteria likes this.
  4. Morbo

Morbo Well-Known Member

When deciding on where to level I usually use a combination of the ZEM and where I like to go. Zem list - http://wiki.takp.info/index.php?title=Zone_Experience_Modifiers

I always really liked SolA. Harder to get singles here but probably can pull 2 at a time and burn one.
    Unrest is the same ZEM as SolA and is a fun zone. Also can be a bit hard to get singles here.
    Paludal has a huge ZEM. Haven't really hunted here so idk about pulls.
    Upper Guk also has a huge zem. Definitely hard to get singles here but the spiders might be a good spot.

Faults likes this.
  5. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

Unrest is really good. It's good till 35ish. Gukbottom after that, though I'd recommend grouping up with someone to make that safer.

6. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Solo magicians are fairly weak in dungeons unfortunately.

Dungeons are usually places where mobs aren’t solo, they come in pairs or trios often times due to how these zones are built.

For a solo magician who relies on hiding behind his pet, it is very difficult to manage many of these dungeons. You will need to be proficient at using pet back and pet attack to spread out your pets hate across two or three different mobs so that you can Nuke or sit down or heal without pulling aggro on one of them.

With this in mind, I would tend to favor undead zones because these mob types have a higher emphasis on proximity aggro, meaning your pet is more likely to remain the target of multiple mobs if you stay at a distance which you usually want to do.

I would suggest Unrest to 35~ and then LGuk or Kaesora beyond that.

Asteria and solar like this.
  7. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Kaesora doesn't get enough love for how awesome it is to level in.

Asteria and pharmakos like this.
  8. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Most undead also don't run

9. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Then a ghoul roots you and takes off laughing.

Morbo likes this.
  10. Dairmuid

Dairmuid Active Member

Sol A is very safe if you can make it to one of the many Sol B zonelines. If you like the zone, you can take it all the way to ~L45 slaughtering evil robotic gnomes

Asteria likes this.
  11. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

This thread is from the late Kunark era, so doesn't include Velious or Luclin zones, but it might still be of interest. It has a lot of cool suggestions of fun camps in dungeons off the beaten path.

John Stark and Asteria like this.
  12. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Best dungeon 35-45 is Oggok, if you have a toon who can sneak or evil you can sell to a merchant and make lots of pp

Asteria, Morbo and lurari like this.
  13. Morbo

Morbo Well-Known Member

Grobb is really good too. The swords that the guards drop sell for like 12 plat. But it is a bit higher level than Oggok. On P99 charming Basher Nanrum is ftw, not sure how he is here.

Asteria likes this.
  14. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Member

Mob types have different responses to proximity aggro here? Coming from p99 so trying to learn. I’ve definitely noticed aggro being quite different here. Sit aggro and heal aggro seem to be quite low. Or proximity aggro is way more impactful, or both.

15. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

You’ll find the aggro code to be very abnormal in the low levels compared to P99.

Mob aggro is a function of their max health. They don’t start responding much to high aggro spells like snare, Stuns, and Debuffs with AC or Slow components until they have a decent amount of health. Around 40-50 you should notice single snares snapping aggro from proximity for example. But at level 20, initial aggro and proximity are king.

Undead mobs especially favor proximity over other aggro. Certain other mobs are very sticky.