9-19-2018

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Dane

Dane People Like Me

Divine Rez will only return 20% health/mana after the new strat for stretch targets will be for Wizards to dump their mana pool and overaggro around 50%, die, then divine rez back in at full mana and bottom of aggro list.

Sketchy, lurari, Bragon and 2 others like this.
  2. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Outside of a Dev statement I don't know what else you want. Over a decade of one implementation versus a very small window frozen in time in which it was broken seems to make the intent pretty clear.

Asteria likes this.
  3. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

COTH now doesn't wipe aggro anymore to prevent any loophole with the above change.

Coincidentally pulling has become hilariously more fun since the change!

4. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

Archery now doesn't land at all to prevent open field archery in PoFire for stretch targets like blazzax and reparm. As a consequence and in order to save the playerbase some time, the ranger class has been removed from the game.

Bum and Linkamus like this.
  5. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Charm is more OP than this DA "bug." Did the Sony devs mean to place a pet in Ssra that quads for 400? This snake trivializes the difficulty of the zone. Please remove it.

PBAOE is more OP than this DA "bug." Please limit PB stuns and nukes to 4 targets.

Wizard nukes are more OP than this DA "bug." Please increase their mana, across the board, by 20%.

Rogue backstab is more OP than this DA "bug." Please remove it – this will bring rogues in line with other melee DPS classes.

Warrior tanking is more OP than this DA "bug." Please remove warrior disciplines – after all, any of the 3 archetypical tank classes should be able to tank content.

Cleric CH is more OP than this DA "bug." Healing in excess of 15,000 hitpoints for 400 mana, in a predictable chain with 10 other clerics was never intended. Please remove it altogether.

6. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Despite the ultra hyperbole this thread has devolved into, which isn’t necessarily going to help anyone, I just want to reiterate, we all do appreciate the time and effort that each developer put into this server.

I think any nerd who plays an emulated timelocked version of an old game 18 years on is understandably resistant to any changes from the status quo. But I hope you all don’t take our disagreement as unappreciative of the love you put into the server.

Asteria, Sketchy, Pithy and 5 others like this.
  7. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

i gusse the thing is not so much the state if the game, but i think its very typical for a community to shout out loud if their precious way of playing gets changed. because we have a hard time letting go, which is the main reason any would play this game. so if you ask me, anything that is being used regularly being changed will cause drama, whether its a reasonable change :)

8. gardnerjens

haha ditto, i was trying to say the same thing

9. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

10. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

I'm actually 100 percent in favor of the DA change Darch.

It means you die more and loot less shit from our mobs.

Bum and Slayzz like this.
  11. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I think fixing bugs is a good idea.

We will never be totally AKurate.

My opinion, is we should make takp be what AK should have been.

If the only bug fixes applied, are ones that result in a "nerf", then I think that is complete and total crap.

My opinions are my own, and do not represent that of the dev team as a whole.

slamurai, Asteria, Tarkon and 8 others like this.
  12. gardnerjens

but they do represent @Bum s

13. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Lols at that Emperor last night. Some day I’ll learn, but I’ve got a gamblers sickness. One day, I’ll win the big one.

Linkamus and Quirk like this.
  14. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

I agree with this 100%. But I'd also add that, if the only reason a bug ISN'T fixed is to keep something nerfed, I would also look upon that dubiously ;) .

15. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Funny how the 'Akurate' card gets pulled for this, but thrown out the window for archery.

Nostalgia works both ways. I played in 2003 as well as on AK. When I played, we clicked concussion pants and people died when they out aggroed the tank. Not everybody here played on AK. Regardless, this was also the case the vast majority of the time even on AK. Not knowing how much DA reduced hate in the first place is also problematic.

These decisions will never please everybody. I'm only going to put up with so much that deviates from my experience of the game, just as you and everybody else. There are several things here that I'm really not happy with. Nobody is going to get what they want 100% of the time.

Asteria likes this.
  16. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

In fairness, I’m pretty consistent in this.

I’m all aboard the arrows getting lost in corner like it was on AK. I’m also all aboard minimal aggro bow shots. I felt those two things plus no in-game /autofire command balanced out archery pretty well on AK.

17. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

I didn't play the akuracy card in the archery thread. I always always about fixing the bug, but then the convo sort of turned into a debate about whether or not it was akurate as is.

If DA as it was on AK is bugged, then I think it should be fixed, despite some of the good arguments from people here, especially darchon.

I don't know enough about the history of DA to know if it's a bug or not though.

18. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

With pennyrolling and macros allowed for archery, its no different than having an /autofire.

However. We don't want 4 rangers to cumulatively compete with one enc pet. That would be overpowered.

And a bard can mitigate the risks of charm breaks. So not really a valid comparison in a raid setting. Groups? Yes. There is a risk. But its highly dependent on bladder capacity.

19. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

There used to be a detailed thread on DA aggro dump on p99 forums. It has since been deleted. I tried to get it added. I even coded and comitted it. I was voted down by admin. And it never made it to live.

Linkamus likes this.
  20. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

The attempt was to make archery as AK was. I wasn't even aware that cornering had edge cases until a few weeks ago. I can't snap my fingers and make it 100% precise in a day, particularly when people can't even give me more than two examples to work with.

Ignore range was reduced by 12% in two zones to better simulate AK's loss of mobs on pulls, not to nerf AoE worse than AK.

No resists were increased beyond what I thought AK to be to nerf AoE, anywhere.

Shakerpaging was disabled because pathing would have made it WAY WAY better here than on AK, and it was very disruptive on AK to start with. Attempting to somehow properly replicate the experience shakerpagers had is extremely difficult and not possible without intentionally implementing bad pathing, which would not go over well with anybody. I'm in favor of having a nerfed-but-doable shakerpage, actually; but there is a very long list of things to do and I have to prioritize and I don't really know how that should even be done.

Sketchy and Linkamus like this.
  21. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

You're the only one who is

22. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Yea that was my thread. Sirken permabanned my forum account, I’m still unsure what I posted that upset them, but a lot of my bug reports were deleted. Ah well!

23. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

I shouldn't have said I didn't play the akurate card at all. I guess I kind of did in a way, but only as it pertains to the convo. I was always about bug fixes are greater than all.

24. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

All your posts were deleted I think. Which is normal when someone is permabanned on forums. I can still see them. They don't like to totally remove them. They still exist. Just not visible.

Asteria likes this.
  25. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

If you'd asked me this morning, I would have said I always knew about DA dropping aggro and that I never had any problem with the mechanic.

Which made it interesting to re-read what I had to say about this in June 2011:

If this change stands, it'll take some getting used to. Whether I always knew about it or not, pre-emptive DA to drop aggro - or Kazumi's/harmshield to drop an aggro lock from a puller, etc - has become such an unthinking part of the way I play the game that I'll probably die hilariously several times before it actually sinks in that it doesn't work anymore.

That said, I think it's probably a wise change.

showstring, Sketchy, Linkamus and 2 others like this.
  26. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

I don't mind this change, but I agree that if we're going to fix unintended mechanics like this, then we should also fix unintended mechanics like corner archery not working, and monk AC softcap being too low.

Asteria, lurari and Linkamus like this.
  27. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

This change certainly hits me as hard as it hits anyone, or more, I guess. I'm a wizard, I am very often chain casting Garrisons so I probably generate more aggro than any dps out there, and because I have a mana robe I tend to the dump mana, tap it back style of wizard play.

And I will fully admit I used DA earring as a crutch for doing this. Last night on Seru, I actually asked the bard not to DA because I was in the MT group and was afraid Spaide would accidentally hit Thucy with it (and I feared the wrath of the Zooks if that happened). I used my own earring.

Interestingly, despite clearing my aggro at a very good time, I still eventually pulled aggro and got summoned. DA earring was not an instant win. You could still die.

I made a bard for the express purpose of mana and DA for wizard (though raid limits means she has not gotten to come on raids). We know how powerful that group DA is.

I have historically and continue to believe that if an element was AKurate but unequivocally bad for the game, it should be changed. IMO, bard DA might reach that level. I am not sure the other DAs do. If there is a nerf here, maybe the bard DA was the proper target rather than all DA. But, that said, like Sketchy I do not believe this is a hill to die on and if the devs feel that this was unequivocally bad and deserves blanket change, then I shall adapt, either by logging out or by heavier use of greater concussion (though I am already a very heavy user).

I am sure I will still do a great deal of damage. Just... more inconveniently.

Asteria likes this.
  28. JMWoodgate

JMWoodgate Member

I'm completely OK with this change, and I think a lot of people here are being far too sensitive to change. I love this game, but it had it's problems. I love that the devs have the passion (and the time) to fix issues the game had for the better. However, please don't be discouraged, you know by now you're not going to please everyone with changes, specifically to class stuff. I think they should continue to upgrade the game, we can all keep our nostalgia while having quests and mechanics that actually work! I love being nostalgic and then stumbling upon something new. Let's not strive for 100% accuracy to a time period, instead we should strive to create a nostalgic experience better than it was!

Just my 2 copper's worth of opinion.

29. Ablazze

Ablazze Member

For an issue that isnt a biggy its sure generated alot of steam, no expert but DA on takp always seemed weird here it was like cleric FD.

The Blazze...

30. shorttin

shorttin Member

shocker, closer to Live we go...