Misc feedback requests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torven, Aug 27, 2015.

1. lurari

lurari People Like Me

60-65 was a breeze. Much shorter than 55-60.

60-65 felt similar to like, all of level 59. Maybe not exactly, but the difference was hilarious.

2. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

This may well be true. I remember the frogs in Storms - of which there were only a few spawns, which even a solo hunter would exhaust ahead of repops - were good enough AAXP that people would reliably be camping them while ignoring the rest of the zone. Even accounting for the fact that most everything else in Storms summoned, this wouldn't have been the case if, say, the frogs in the cavern near the BoT zone (which are of a similar or maybe greater level) yielded similar exp per kill. Now that I think about it, I believe I tried them, and was disappointed. (Giants in Storms were pretty respectable AAXP, though more dangerous than frogs.)

On the other hand, it's not clear to me that the high AAXP value of the flameheads in PoFire was an individual bonus, because level 68 NPCs in PoWater were actually slightly more exp than flameheads, by all accounts. Since these are probably the only two places people will have killed red-cons for exp at level 65 on Al'Kabor (Pithy and I did a bit of Gindan/Hendin charm-farming for ornate legs after the Tactics revamp, but I doubt either of us paid much attention to exp at that point -edit: actually, it looks like we talked about it being "excellent," but didn't mention any numbers), it's hard to say that they're an anomaly.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Asteria likes this.
  3. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

The hraquis in powater were about 12% aa per kill duo @65. 60-65 took about as long as 59-61. 61/62 were so fast they appeared to be clones of 60.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Asteria likes this.
  4. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

5. Bragon

Bragon People Like Me

Everything was blue in POV at 65.

It was a matter of mobs being closer to 62 than 65 for a better exp return at that level i believe.

6. surron

surron People Like Me

7. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Did Shei's four Tatrua guard NPCs corpse camp? I'm fairly sure the Xins did, but I want to be damn sure the Tatruas do because it totally gimps the encounter to leave them this way

8. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I've seen mentions on ZAM that suggest something along those lines, but not explicitly say. It seems people liked to keep the encounter strategies a little secret.

also does it really 'totally gimp' the encounter, considering all the other crap you gotta deal with during shei?
    that's almost like saying four disciples not respawning after banish totally gimps the HP encounter

i doubt the shei encounter would have changed on eqlive, is it something that could be checked/tested there?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  9. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

This is a 2012 post from Pithy.

I think Shei spawning death adds, DTing every 2min and a massive mana drain trap in the room that siphons mana from anyone in the main section makes the encounter difficult enough tbh.

But as Pithy mentioned, you could just split them out, kill them and then engage Shei like normal too.

10. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

The room spawns by stairs, the 100k hp robes, seem to respawn in 10 min. I'm not sure if that's right, was told they should have a much longer respawn, but I couldn't find much info. Anyone else know?

11. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

You could kill them then aggro real Shei, split them out and kill them again.

12. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Yes, the four triggered tatruas should corpse camp. The two by the stairs should not.

13. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

my question is around the respawn timer for the room spawns (two robed 100k hp mobs by the stairs, and two four-armed akhevan mobs in the room)

I was told they should be much longer respawn time (3 hours or so) but couldn't find any info about it.

only info I could find was complete absence of anyone on ZAM mentioning the room spawns in any of the strategies. they always only talk about dealing with four guards that shei spawns, the DTing adds, and the mana drain trap. nobody ever mentions the room spawns.

the room spawns are currently 10 mins, and they can be dealt with (mezzed/offtanked/killed), but just not sure if the quick respawn time of room mobs is accurate

for example, similar 'guard' type mobs infront of itaer vius on the carpet have much longer respawn time than normal zone trash mobs...

thanks if anyone has further info or confirmation it is working as intended

in this video, which is eqlive and which could be different, the raid only seems to deal with four guards and the DT-related adds, I don't see any four arm akheva mobs and the room spawns by the stairs and the video is 13 mins long (longer than the 10 min respawn time of the room trash). also the entire raid doesn't seem to be getting mana drained in the previous room
    I know they changed the shei guards to repop when killed regardless when you kill them, but wouldn't know about any differences to mana drain trap in room before shei

i mean if the raid was in the spot on takp as they are in the below video, entire raid would be oom within a minute
    on takp it seems there are 10-20 mana drain traps all firing off at once, all with short respawn, so entire raid goes oom very quickly if you are in line of sight / range

14. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I doubt that the Sheleric Vis NPCs should be 10 minute respawns. I don't know what they should be, but I'll look into it.

Our script also seems to lack logic to respawn the four Tatruas every 5 minutes, and I'll be adding that.

Live changed some of the encounters; particularly this one. I don't want to rely on Live unless it's necessary. They in fact removed the Shelerics and the two static Tatruas entirely, I believe. Granting players massive damage multipliers wasn't enough of an advantage I guess.

15. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Would be intriguing to know if multiple sets of 4 can be up at the same time or if parking them prevented another set to spawn.

Cause RW only notes a 3rd set spawning when they killed the first two sets. But on the attempt they’re posting about, they don’t mention another 4-spawn.

16. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

In EQ, aggro mobs will say their aggro text every five minutes and change. (ours don't, unless scripted) Shei seems to repop any dead tatruas when he does this.

17. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

In regards to this: * Spell hate focus is now random 1-X%.

Assuming SK voice line is affected and at its highest was 10% and will now be 1-10% per swing or hate generating event?

18. Quirk

Quirk Well-Known Member

Two questions

Are people experiencing problems mounting on their horses in Cobalt Scar? When I horsed to run to the SG cave, i was demounted instantly once i hit the forward key.

Horse worked fine in WW for the run to ToV just minutes later - no buff changes except a new levitation.

I played with all old models graphics. Upon getting a fast horse, I was hoping could click my AoN and ride the horse in Skelly, keeping my old Iksar models on. Turns out I cannot ride the horse in Skeleton form w/ Iksar turned off. Once I turn on Iksar models, however, I can ride in Skelly (and Iksar, of course).

Does anyone know if there is a way to ride in Skeleton without having Iksar turned on? I prefer old models for crawling and other play, but obviously want to use the horse speed occasionally when I'm traveling.

19. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Good luck. Bard speed. And may Cazic be with you.

Asteria and lurari like this.
  20. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

No, it's for Furious Bash and the like

Mokli likes this.
  21. lurari

lurari People Like Me

I posted a bug about this when I first noticed it on dev. Haynar replied, saying it was all client-side.

You may need to turn on horses and humans. I know the skeleton model uses the base human in more modern clients. Experiment as necessary. You can play with it on dev, if you don't want to spend the plat on the "real" server before finding the results.

Quirk likes this.
  22. Quirk

Quirk Well-Known Member

I’ll give it a go! Thanks for the suggestion re: hoomans.

23. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Should smaller sized NPCs be cornerable? You guys are cornering all the freaking trash mobs on TAKP, but archery was certainly used more on VT trash compared to bosses in old logs; although I suppose that is to be expected to some degree.

Asteria likes this.
  24. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Yes. We didn't really have much reason to corner trash on AK, but we use a lot of AE spells for DPS here.

25. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

If anybody has the information regarding pet focii handy, that would be swell. I.e. which of the following are raised and by how much: level, size, runspeed, hp, max hit

I have some idea of what it should be, but I would like to see something definitive.

Asteria likes this.
  26. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I did dig up a bunch when i was looking into EoT's ridiculous minimum damage. I'll find it again.

[​IMG]

Level 59 pets and higher

Gloves of Dark Summoning - VT - 20% Pet increase +800 hps

LvL 59 pets and lower
    Encyclopedia Necrothurgica - Plane of Hate -

I will keep adding as time permits.

This is from the necrotalk forums - the post are 2004 but about as good as I can find on pet shit.

http://www.necrotalk.com/forum/the-boneyard/gear-up/381-necromancer-focus-effects
    http://www.necrotalk.com/forum/the-boneyard/bonechips/5621-pet-statistics
    http://www.necrotalk.com/forum/the-boneyard/bonechips/11754-pet-foci

I'll try to find some mage data too.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    Asteria likes this.
  27. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

@Torven did that help - i found some similar mage stuff if so

28. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I found one comment in those that mentioned pet focii stats, but it was ambiguous. I'll compare those non-focused pet stats with other lists I have.

I would prefer pre-2004 posts if possible since they seemed to have changed focii to some unknown degree (by adding this 'pet power' value to items) sometime in late 2003/early 2004, but this may not be possible. I can get some stats rather easily from logs though; Time pet focus did +9 max hit for beastlord pets and +8 max hit for Saryrn's Companion.

29. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Probably gonna have to wayback machine some eq stratics posts.

30. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Was Aten pullable into the port-in room?