Newbie Armor Quests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Diotic, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Diotic

Diotic New Member

I'm on the takp wiki for the newbie armor quests and almost all links are red and lead to pages that do no exisist. Does that mean most of the newbie armor quests aren't available? I see I can get it for my dwarf paladin, but there are no links for my Wood Elf Bard or Iksar Shaman. Are these available and I just need to follow a different website to complete them?

Thank you.

2. kicnlag

kicnlag Active Member

3. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

Sadly, there are no Iksar newbie gear quests.

4. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

No large races or evil erudites

5. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Troll and ogre bst are both in

6. Russell

Russell New Member

This is sad for my trio of Troll shaman, Erudite Mage, Iksar Monk ... lol =(

7. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Don't be sad.

The stat boosts you get from being a troll, erudite, and iksar (respectively) are better than the stat boost from the entire set of newbie armor.

Also if you're willing to kill some spiders (spiderlings?) you could probably find someone to make you some old-school crafted gear for the AC. Something like large banded for the shaman, raw or shade silk for the monk (you might even be able to get some wu's armor for cheap!), or even crystalline silk for the mage as killing crystal spiders is popular in Velious.

Would take less time and offer a greater benefit while playing the trio you enjoy!

8. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

newbie armor sucks anyway, you will get way better free gear from the giveaways in pok
    and once you get into your 20s-30s, the pp you make can afford you the super cheap baz gear

imo the newbie gear quests aren't really worth the time, the drops are super rare, time is much better spent just leveling and saving up pp

lurari likes this.
  9. Gerrish

Gerrish New Member

I am getting a lot of drops of ruined blackburrow gnoll pelts to drop, but no blackburrow gnoll pelts for my Qeynos bard boots. Any ideas?

10. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Do the freeport boots instead :)

11. cattaneo

cattaneo Member

Ripwind and lurari like this.
  12. Gerrish

Gerrish New Member

Murphy's law. The next two gnoll pelts I found were the right ones. Got the boots. :)

13. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

When I was still relatively new on the server, and had no money, I got a bug up my butt to do all of the lambent quests. Totally worth it, but now I have the full set rotting in my bard's bank.

14. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

The newbie armors are actually better than some of the drops from higher level mobs from vanilla EQ. I remember being in my 40's before I was able to fill all my slots with gear that was just as good before the newbie quests dropped. On a server locked to PoP and with a low population equating to fewer sellers of gear upgrades, the newbie armors will last some players a long time.

BonnieJ likes this.