P99 player starting up on TAKP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rabitz, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Aegnor Eldruin

Aegnor Eldruin Member

I ended up going bst/cleric/wiz for leveling up. I really think any melee with cleric/wiz will be sufficient to hit 60, so if you want to toss in ranger there you should be fine. Cleric and wizard are extremely easy to box. 90% of the time a stand, heal/nuke, sit hotkey will be all you need out of them. If you're new to boxing like me, they're a great way to ease into it.

That said, now that my wizard is nearly max level (one level to go!), I intend to level up something else to replace him in my main trio (probably mage, possibly enchanter or druid). Wizards just don't scale that well against content in this era, and are really designed for raids more than anything. Focus effects and easily obtained FT items make them far more valuable than on P99 though, and they continue to improve with AAs and familiars around the corner. Just something to keep in mind.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  2. Dargoxx_aka_dr_thrill

Dargoxx_aka_dr_thrill New Member

Late to the thread but I did used to raid as a necro back in the day and yeah you're expected to dump a good portion of your mana on the clerics during big fights. But you gotta remember that necros have absolutely crazy mana regen compared to any other class you'll still have enough to do respectable dps.

3. Tudo Bem

Tudo Bem Member

WAIT a minute..... Bum is Lron ?????????

4. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Say his name 3 times.

See what happens.

5. MikayahEQ

MikayahEQ Well-Known Member

I'm perplexed...for the first time my brain read the name "Lron" like "Elrond" as opposed to similar to "Tron" (which I always thought was a really weird name). But, now I am second guessing myself, and I can't figure out which pronunciation is correct...or perhaps both are wrong and the "ro" is silent.

Does anyone know? Can anyone help me?

Never knew Lron...just read about him/her/them here and had to research the history to get the full story...now I kinda feel like that whole portion of my life was a lie. Maybe I was reading the name wrong all those times.

6. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

Lron...as in L. Ron Hubbard. Seekret: he didn't really die and is hovering somewhere in his spaceship.

7. MikayahEQ

MikayahEQ Well-Known Member

My life really is a lie. Reminds me of a guild master I had when I played SilkRoad Online. His name was SeaYouInTea...I had no idea for the longest time...

8. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

Lron beat Utdaan to become world arm wrestling champion. I'm almost certain.

9. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

I'm not Lron

I am Faite obviously

10. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

I am faite

11. Quath

Quath Member

i am spartacus

12. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Post your search history to prove it

Quirk likes this.
  13. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Ooooh snap. 30 seconds or less boys

14. Rabitz

Rabitz Member

Just wanted to update and says "THANKS"- this server has been incredibly welcoming. Many players have taken time to answer my silly questions, buff or PL me, and give me some pretty great gear that I wouldn't even call "starter items". I rolled my Ranger/Cleric/Enchanter trio (Dakota/Maude/Leelue) and they are all now level 13 & 14. I still am pretty bad at boxing but having a good time learning. I'll probably wait to join a guild until I'm higher level so I have a better feel for the server but I appreciate everyone letting me know about the guild, raid times, etc..

Bless y'all.

Elroz and Linkamus like this.
  15. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

You will not regret this decision. Especially once you get charming while 3-boxing down to a science. Glad you're having fun!

16. Tewaz

Tewaz New Member

I'm an ex red 99 player rolling the same combo as you on here. I just hit 30 with them. It is basically the perfect leveling combo anywhere. Good luck and hit up Tewaz in game if you need anything.

Videri-Tala likes this.
  17. Tewaz

Tewaz New Member

Here is my leveling path.

Qeynos - BB to 10ish with fangs. Would've turned them in to the lady in Halas for more money.

12 to 20 in Kurns which was rough at 19, a lot of light blues.

20 to 30 in MM pond area and into the corridor to GY. This area is pretty nasty on here with a lot of Wizards. In hindsight I would've gone to sol a at 27.

I'm 34 right now in sol a and the money and exp in here is fantastic. I have my casters set up in the gnome area and I pull the north side to here. It is going to be too green at 35 so I will switch to the area around the King which will be nice for the Cleric epic piece. I'll try to get one in each character.

I tried Splitpaw at 30 but there weren't enough mobs for a trio. More of a solo area. Also I tried unrest around 18 but that is an awkward level for the zone, not a good mix of exp mobs.

Good luck!

18. Morbo

Morbo Well-Known Member

Rng/War/Clr would be a good trio for both leveling/farming and raiding. For group you have tank/dps/heals with ranger as a great outdoor puller and cleric lulls for indoors. If your war is having trouble with aggro you have two root classes. War/Clr are both very much raid classes. Ranger I guess, AA will make a big difference here (I've only logged on for one day here so take it all with a grain of salt, but I've played on very similar servers).

19. Rabitz

Rabitz Member

Thanks for the input. I haven't had a ton of time to play recently but my trio is climbing the ranks. Just made it to 19/20. My plan is to go to MM pond for a few levels (mainly for nostalgia sake) and then Sol A (weight reduction bag) in the late 20's, the LGuk (more weight reduction bags) in my 30's. Then I'll probably go back to MM in late 30's and try to hold down CE.

Past 40 I seem to forget what my option are outside of CoM and the Yeti Cave/KC Wall in DL. Hole?

I've never done either ranger, cleric or chanter epics. Are there any camps I should be doing along the way like Sol A King area Tewaz mentioned?

Is Shadeweaver's Thicket good xp?

20. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

Farm lord gimblox in Sol A for cleric epic piece while you're leveling. That's one thing that comes to mind.

21. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

When leveling I tend to favor classic zones as much as possible. The loot usually isn't too great but the EXP is generally better because mobs have less hitpoints and don't hit quite as hard.

Past 40, LGuk remains pretty good up to around 50 if you are in the safe hall area. Pulling Execution/Cavalie/Sage and eventually Frenzied/Arch Mage/Lord.

Sol B is a great zone but probably a bit more difficult. At around level 44 on my Druid/Enchanter/Cleric trio I crawled back to Efreeti and camped it for a few hours until I ended up wiping due to a fleeing mob I think and I spent the next 2 days and probably 10 deaths collecting the corpses. It was a very fun experience even though my experience bar ended up going negative. However staying in the Royals area or the bats/bugs is much more of safe camp and solid EXP.

Ranger, Cleric and Enchanter Epics... not a lot of camps to look for.

Cleric there's the two Lords of course in Sol A/Lake Rathe. Also around the 40s you can level in Skyfire for the 4 Pearlescent Fragments. I did this for a level or two to knock out this annoying camp while it still provided EXP.

Enchanter is a lot of mobs you don't necessarily have to camp. The only camps are PoHate where you have to clear forsaken revenants and 3/4 charm mobs. The first charm mob is in Kaesora this might be a decent camp for you to do in your 30-40s, but you need to have done the first step of the epic before you can charm this mob and turn in the Gem. The second one is in Skyfire (Felia goldenwing) which would overlap nicely with your Cleric epic camp. The third is in City of Mist on the final island, not really an EXP camp due to the location.

Ranger epic is a lot of running around foraging and drops from raid type mobs like VS, black readers, PoSky horses, PoHate minis, etc. Nothing you really have to sit and camp.

Shadeweavers is a low level zone. You've probably outleveled it.

22. Morbo

Morbo Well-Known Member

You can still go to Shadeweavers for Lodi Kai. I'm guessing your ranger is nearly naked and that ac should help.

23. Rabitz

Rabitz Member

Honestly, I'm pretty decked out. People have been too nice to me =)

Still have some missing slots, but what is there is pretty primo stuff!

Thanks for the input. I had forgotten about Kaesora, that sounds fun. I always forget to level there and have to trek in my 50's for the HS Key.

The other thing I'm pretty clueless too is the added abilities like ER1-3, spell haste, etc. What are these called? What should I be looking for Ranger/Cleric/Ench? I see everyone with Supple Scale Armband so I assume ER3 is pretty important.

24. Morbo

Morbo Well-Known Member

For ench I prioritized anything that shortens casting time for charm. The range foci are great especially for healers who want to hide from an AE. Anything with mana preservation is clutch. Improved healing is also really nice. These items are limited in this era iirc. Supple Scale Armband you already mentioned is a great one. I think the only items with IH3 is the range item from Yale, Mask of the Fail, and shroud of veeshan. There aren't many until Luclin. Great one for ench is Falinkan.

Edit: Allaclone is useful - https://www.takproject.net/allaclon...lity=0&iavaillevel=0&ideity=0&isearch=Search#

25. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

26. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Darchon failed to mention it took him years to hit 60 cause he died so much~

27. Tewaz

Tewaz New Member

A huge time saver for exp and epic is Lord Gimblox in Sol A. I camped him from 34 to 39 and saw him one time. He drops the ring for the first step in the Cleric epic.

You can camp in the room with the goblin merchant and your ranger can sneak and sell to him, which is amazing. Once I hit 39 I had made over 3K plat in these level ranges just selling and using a gem to clear my gold out and loading my casters down with plat.

Gimblox placeholder is a fire goblin shaman that is in the sitting room area next to the king's entry room. Exp is great in here, but I would skip the king and his placeholders, they are just annoying to fight.

I'm 39 camping the Evil Eye in Lguk for the WR bags. I forgot that Lguk has a 28 minute respawn which is crazy. I was planning to do the Ass/Sup for the other WR bag, but I might just head out to a better exp camp since Lguk can get really nasty with the odd pathing.

28. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Smart. I usually just hoard on my ranger and give my alts an allowance when they need to buy things.

29. Morbo

Morbo Well-Known Member

You can load up a charm pet with weps if you need. I haven't tried plat.