Giggles while transferring UI's between Mac to PC...

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Jugo!, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

I'm mostly failing so far, but some unintentional giggles were to be had.
    EQ000000.jpg
    Cool, right?! Actual size of the EQ window however:

Funny.jpg
    Was NOT intended. Was using exactly the same eqclient file from my OSX computer in my transfer of UI files and whatnot to my PC laptop.
    Funny2.jpg
    Is that TINY OR WHAT?? How did we play like this in 1999/2000!? I have no idea what is causing this, but it's amusing and replicable with the previously mentioned file I transfer from my Mac cpu, which does NOT do this on my OSX cpu. It's 100% normal on there. Note that in this UI, the "Pet Attack" hotkey I normally have in 2 vanished completely in this UI!

It's looking like I'll have to redo all of my hotkeybinds and various eqclient settings for my laptop :(

Asteria likes this.
  2. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Stone UI is not supported on PC. It does not resize correctly. And you will crash often.

H

Asteria likes this.
  3. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

Yea- but it wasn't intentional. I use a normal player made/customized Po2 UI on my OSX cpu. Somehow the stone UI just randomly showed up for me when I was directly copy/pasting my eqclient.ini file.

4. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

If you change ur resolution and alt-enter in and out. You can sometimes get stone UI working better. I have got it full screen on highest rez. Making it use the native monitor resolution for high rez mode is one of those things i wanted to try someday.

5. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

Interesting! 1 chat window would kill it for me, though. I could even live with 6 hotkeys.

6. Kaeril

Kaeril Member

Are we talking about the Classic UI? I'm using it on my PC on a regular basis. I never could make it work on anything higher than 640x480 though, but hey, it's a legit resolution from that era... I've yet to seen it crash. I've been told it should be a-okay as long as you avoid raiding. As long as I can have it in fullscreen, I'm fine with it. Reading through the single chatbox in action is definitely a sport on its own.

Asteria likes this.
  7. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Thx for not posting your search history on those screenshots fang

Jugo! likes this.
  8. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Steve Jobs, from the grave, is punishing you for abandoning the true platform.

Asteria, Kaeril and Bum like this.
  9. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

True platform= 10.6.4 for my regular AK/TAKP cpu. No longer supported on TAKP!
    (Edit: Well, it runs fine, but can't use the new spiffy Launchers. I'm fine with that, however.)

10. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

The launcher Speedz codes does not work with it. That particular launcher does not support older mac os.

There are other launcher options that work fine with 10.6.4.

H

11. lurari

lurari People Like Me

[​IMG]

Asteria likes this.