Lunar forecast?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Videri-Tala, Dec 3, 2017.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Yes. I am still working on sanctus and it really as ravenwing said a lot of work. I will save Grieg for last after doing maiden and umbral.

Elrontaur likes this.
  2. Videri-Tala

Videri-Tala Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm glad there is more time to focus on Velious stuff, epics, etc. The original TAKP cats are all overprepared for Luclin and I hope to follow suit in what ways I can. Stockpile EEs, get gear that may have staying power, level up 1 or 2 more characters.

Do you guys think people will still raid Velious when Moonday comes? How about Kunark and original zones?

Also, is it easy to help the staff by testing Luclin and how do we do that at this point?

3. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Could you share the status of VT and Ssra?

Are those zones being done after the ones you listed, or is the work being done separately?

Love the updates and as always, can never overstate how much we appreciate your hard work and dedication to the project.

4. robregen

Yeah. I had forgotten about Ssra and akheva. Can probably work on those after maiden or umbral.

5. robregen

I imagine that Torven would like to work on VT as he has a thing for working on end raid zone. Probably would be worked on after we see the moon release.

6. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

Just release it completely broken and unplayably unoptimized, like it was in the classic release.

7. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

You can go away now.

8. lurari

lurari People Like Me

I think it was a joke. As in, go ahead, rush the product out the door to meet the artificial deadline no matter the standards, like SOE did. I don't think he was calling out the TAKP team's earlier work.

Luclin at its launch was a hot mess and SOE never finished it before they were on to the next big thing. For myself, I appreciate the team here for not repeating SOE's mistakes.

9. Randall

Randall New Member

I gotta hit 60 first, so take your time!!

10. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I took it as a joke as well. I remember that rollout. It was horrible. Shadowhaven had such bad lag they had to revisit it to "optimize it", among so many other issues.

Tryfan and lurari like this.
  11. Dasidarius

Dasidarius Member

We tried to do the Ring of Fire in Acyrlia the week after SoL release. Got to the actual raid part and it crashed the zone. My guild never went back. Seru was so buggy it took months to even try it. SoL had some great content but its release was... less than perfect.

12. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

You can apologize now.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  13. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

At release, the only way many of us could get through Sanctus Seru was to keep the camera pointed directly at the ground. Katta was the same and Shadowhaven was only a little better. Trying to look up was instant frame death.

It was an ugly ugly release.

lurari likes this.
  14. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Oh but the ground you'll see.

Neealana likes this.
  15. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

To be fair, Luclin was a massive undertaking of an expansion to do in 1 year's time. If they had just delayed the launch for 3-6 months, it could have been such a great expansion.

New graphics engine; new world building tools; new client models and animations; new UI; zone mp3 music; 3 raid zones.

Imagine if they had the time to properly develop Inner Acrylia, make better Luclin model animations, implement the city faction conflict like Velious' and put in the Plane of Shadow as the end-zone.

16. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

The never ending refrain from the gaming industry. And why I hope pantheons long development time means good things.

17. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Launching Kunark, then great Velious, fantastic Luclin, followed by amazing PoP would have been a special run. LoY and LDoN were obviously fillers and did wonders for the casual game, and GoD wasn't far off from being another top-notch expansion. Plus the level 70 expansions were good.

Plane of Shadow and Plane of War were such fun zones.

The shadow of WoW was too much. We'd remember EverQuest history a whole lot differently.

Videri-Tala likes this.