TAKP data drain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kraakesolv, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Kraakesolv

Kraakesolv New Member

Hey all,

This may be a noob question, so forgive me if the answer is obvious or if there's an easy way to tell.

How much data/ bandwidth does playing on TAKP use? I just moved into my new apt at UCSD, and they can't send someone out to set up my internet til Wednesday AM. I was using my cell (/handy, for us euros :D) data plan as a hotspot, but running destiny 2 drained 5+ GB in around 7 minutes.

I realize EQ is nowhere near that, but does anyone have hard (or rough) numbers for how much data gets used, say, per 10min on TAKP?

D2 is obviously out, as it's $15/GB so I'm up to almost 100 bucks.

can anyone help? or better yet hook me up with a WiFi password near La Jolla? ;)

Oiwon likes this.
  2. Quirk

Quirk Well-Known Member

TAKP is a very very little drain on data. I play tethered to a iPhone hotspot with a 3G connection. Sessions can be between 20mb and 100mb, depending on if I'm raiding or just alone in the zone.

I assume raids take more data due to having to download more information regarding other players, chats, etc.

I was online for a about an hour and a half yesterday and I think I used like 10mb.

3. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Cool another Californian

4. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

I used to run destiny 1 on hotspot from my phone and would use ~1gb in 2 hours. Could be that your console was trying background updates or something to hit that data use in such a short time.

To your question, not very much as stated above. I've done several hour sessions on hotspot on the road or whatever and the above mentioned rate sounds about right.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  5. jcmtg

jcmtg New Member

Just wait until wednesday and enjoy the campus/city. What major/school? I'm from Earl Warren '07. Comp Sci.

6. Kraakesolv

Kraakesolv New Member

Thanks for the quick responses guys! Maybe ill be able to login after all :)

jcmtg, I'm doing my grad studies at the Jacobs school of engineering at UCSD, specialization is in artificial intelligence and robotic engineering.

Didn't know there was anyone else from socal here, we should get a meet up together!

Oiwon and Mokli like this.