Is it possible to delete a game account?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slayzz, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

To be clear, I am talking about a login account for chars, not my forum account obviously. The original one I created I seem to have forgotten the password. Is it possible to delete it, change the name of the account, change the password etc?? Thanks!

2. jcmtg

jcmtg New Member

You ought not to, in order to prevent griefing. but i suppose the admins could make an exception in private if you were to describe very very much in detail the characters the items, some historic info etc to them. Also, RMT-ing for an account-name? Nah, doubt that's a thing. But that's on them!

It's an account name, just use the same name as before plus a number? Slayzz2?

3. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

you should be able to change password if you go in game accounts.

4. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

Click GAME ACCOUNTS
    [​IMG]

Scroll down to account you need to change password for and click "Reset Password"
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    showstring, Slayzz and Speedz like this.
  5. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Also make sure both fields match when you reset. Else it fails.

6. NextToTheGods

NextToTheGods New Member

Is there a way to change my password here at the forums and not through the client? It seems I used symbols in my passwords when creating it on the forums that the client doesn't recognise and I can therefor not login, not even to change password, ie. resetting doens't help me I need to change the password.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  7. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

You dont change your password through the client. Follow the steps I posted above on 06.06.2017.

8. NextToTheGods

NextToTheGods New Member

The wording confused me. I expected to be asked to enter my old password and then create a new one which seems standard with these type of things, and at no point was it said that I was creating a new password...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  9. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Fixed place holder wording as this keeps coming up.

showstring and Elroz like this.