A request for veeshan's peak information

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torven, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Bastette

Bastette Active Member

Interesting. Thinking back, it was probably Cadsuane's pet pet...

2. Elcid

Elcid Member

I KNEW IT WAS THERE! Vindication! I saw it, and i saw you use it =) NGU!

Elrontaur likes this.
  3. Elcid

Elcid Member

Lenas... /em Cid pisses himself

4. Indi

Indi Well-Known Member

I farmed thrones and crowns a ton. I'm not sure where to start or if you are looking for something specific. I could talk to you all day about that zone.

One thing I hated about that place on EQMac is that Peachy required 4 funny money for a gift box. EQPC when it had original PoM, Peachy only needed 2 funnies. Sorry to any PoM farmers on TAKP if Peachy was set as 2 and now the devs change it to 4....

5. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

yeah we had used Glimi's Guide for it and we do have it as 4 funny money for a gift box.

6. Indi

Indi Well-Known Member

Well you are true to the ways of EQMac, good and bad.

I don't have any time to play TAKP these days (evidenced by the fact my character has been sitting at level 4 for years...) but as I said, I spent 90% of my time on EQMac in PoM (same thing on PC back when they had original PoM). I was always passionate about that zone. If I can help you fill in any blanks I would be happy to help.

7. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

You get used to it. Ask Ravenwing

Mambo likes this.
  8. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

I put in a pretty long grind in POM, and throy is still grinding pretty hard. I think one question I have : what was drop rate on thrones from stomples and lithiniath like on AK? Me and throy took stomples down 5-6 times before I left POM and didn't see any thrones from him, not sure if throy has had any since then though. Lithiniath I remembered from live servers as being a pretty reliable throne mob, but I haven't killed him here - but just curious what his drop rate was like on AK.

9. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Stomples can't have been better than 20% or so.

I can't speak directly to Lithiniath, but I doubt she was any better of a bet than Stomples - if there'd been a reliable throne mob, everyone would have known about it.

10. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Ehh 4 Funny Money for boxes when you can use WoW+WOW Top Left for Funny Money combines isn't NEARLY as bad as 2 Funny Money for boxes when you're having to burn thrones to make the funny money.

I'm guessing you weren't aware that WoW+Top Left combine worked on AK though? Cause with that its really not too bad since just AEing the forest mushrooms or maze rats can get you boxes.

eldrich-family and Mambo like this.
  11. Indi

Indi Well-Known Member

Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor. Damn I really wish I knew that piece of information back in the EQMac days. I would have saved myself so many thrones and crowns. Like Miuma, I probably did a couple dozen combines not knowing that.

Mambo likes this.
  12. Frosst

Frosst Well-Known Member

I just came across this thread. I can say with absolute certainty that Al'Kabor had Wurms that split inside VP. I can distinctly remember bumping into them in the Pool Room. The Wurms on the way down to Phara Dar's lair may have as well.

I remember I was fighting some once found that the "wurm" I was trying to kill just wouldn't die. It took me a while to notice that they were splitting. After that, my strategy was to just avoid fighting wurms altogether.

I believe Torven has my logs, so it might show up there. Struggling to remember more-- it's been a while. Hope this helps.

lurari likes this.
  13. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

the VP that we have in TAKP also has splitting wurms, along with the other iterations

Frosst likes this.
  14. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

We have the splitting wurms, 1500 hitters, 900 hitters, Vox AE Nukers, Fearers and 300 hitters. I think those are all the possible variants?

Frosst likes this.
  15. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

which of those is the "reality warp" proccing ones? all of them?

either way, yes, there is plenty of wurm variety here, collect the whole set

Radda likes this.
  16. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I implemented splitting but I made it rather rare because I wasn't 100% sure at the time

17. Frosst

Frosst Well-Known Member

Sounds about right. Thinking back on it more, it seemed to be random. There may have been a connection between the 1500 hitters and splitters. Not 100% certain though.

lurari likes this.
  18. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

7 Years later it finally happened!

[Thu Aug 24 09:43:20 2023] --You have looted a Robe of Invocation.--

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Radda, Mokli, Indi and 5 others like this.
  19. Mechaike

Mechaike Well-Known Member

Screenshot obtained, into the bags it goes!

(Grats)

Break likes this.
  20. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I have doubts that Wurms should be charmable

21. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

@Ravenwing boxed these a bunch on AK with charmed wurms.

22. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Yeah, I killed Xygoz thirty-some times (no robe, of course!). Wurms were definitely charmable.

23. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

the ones outside aren't on Daybreak's server right now

24. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

Grats Darchon, you got the robe before the heat death of the universe, that's beating the odds.

showstring, Frosst and Mechaike like this.
  25. Radda

Radda People Like Me

congo rats

26. Indi

Indi Well-Known Member

Congrats on the robe! It's definitely a fun toy to keep. I love the look of it so just opted to wear it most of the time despite not having great stats.

27. Break

Break People Like Me

Did you have one on AK?

Frosst likes this.
  28. Frosst

Frosst Well-Known Member

He most certainly did.

29. Indi

Indi Well-Known Member

Yes I did!

Break likes this.