Trader Accounts Locked into Bazaar ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neealana, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Does this mean all my little toons holding TS stuff will have to be moved there?

2. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

it will get moved there on patch day. you don't necessarily need to move it there.

3. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Would you guys consider permitting toons on these accounts in the Nexus and PoK?

I think the use of these accounts for mules (banking, spells, gems, tradeskill components, etc) is pretty widespread (if not universal!), and all those toons will have to be deleted and recreated elsewhere if they're going to be locked out of PoK.

4. robregen

Well the purpose of the trader account or 4th account is to be able to set up their trader in the bazaar while they can play their 3 characters. It wasn't meant to be use as a scouting or tracking other spawns or any other means as we recently discovered. I can talk to the other team to see what they think.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  5. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

The use of a trader flagged char as a tracker for stormfeather really pissed me off.

I can probably be swayed to allow nexus and pok.

Mokli, Elroz and Mambo like this.
  6. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

We are discussing this. Haynar's reply is the main reason these are getting locked out for now. We are discussing any potential changes.
    So far Neea and RW have our respect, but to let everyone else know, do not turn this into a debate. Neea and RW have spoken enough for us to discuss this internally.

7. robregen

Alright, after much discussion and stuff. We decided to include Nexus and PoK as limited for trader accounts.

Pithy and Ravenwing like this.
  8. Synthetix

Synthetix Well-Known Member

I got this vague memory of characters below level 30 was unable to enter velious.. maybe it was changed tho. But I definetly remember characters below 46 was unable to enter Cobalt Scar, but this was probably also changed.

9. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Thanks, guys. Appreciate it.

10. drktmplr12

drktmplr12 Member

wow, using a trader flagged character to track stormfeather?

really guys?

what happens if your trader dies because you equipped 55 hp rings and unequipped them? assuming default bind point.

will you respawn in bazaar?

edit: i answered my own question by reading the hotfix notes. your character will start and be bound in bazaar.

11. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I have to be honest. Using a non-kos to animals char to stand on SF's spawn was a good idea.

Using a 4th character thats trader flagged, while u play other 3 .... was not.

Mambo likes this.
  12. Pinoit

Pinoit Well-Known Member

I wasn't entirely clear on how this worked until moments ago... figured it out. The system wouldn't let me "set" my trader account to the one I had been using because the character slots weren't empty. So, I moved my trader off of this account on to one of my other ones, then I was able to "set" the account.

To my dismay, I was unable to move my character back to this account, the error message stating "I had to log in first". So, I logged it in and out, and was still getting the same message. I then thought perhaps I needed to create a new character, so I tried this. Still no luck.

Is there any way to move a trader character back to the trader flagged account once it has been set? Perhaps I'm missing something here?

13. lurari

lurari People Like Me

@marsh I don't think you can transfer to the trader account, just off of it.

14. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Right, otherwise you could transfer your 60 druid onto the trader account and never have to do the port-log-port dance again!

drktmplr12 likes this.
  15. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Pithy is correct.
    The trader toggle is designed to need a completely empty account to toggle it on.
    After the toggle, you can't toggle it off, it is a one time deal and you can't move characters to it.
    This is to avoid the exact situation that Pithy commented on as well as other potential abuses.

16. cavedude

cavedude Administrator Staff Member

Just to clarify, any trader characters created on this patch onward will be bound in Bazaar.

Any trader characters created before this patch will still be using their original bind, however immediately after zoning into their bind zone, they will be sent back to Bazaar. For those characters I recommend getting bound in Bazaar, Nexus, or PoK to avoid the double zone on death.

drktmplr12 likes this.
  17. Pinoit

Pinoit Well-Known Member

Le sigh :( I get it... but all that saved trader data... I suppose I needed to update prices anyways.

Thanks all!

18. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Just change the character name in your saved bazaar files to the new mule name :) You can copy bazaar prices just like you can copy over UI settings.

Mambo likes this.