Those we lost on EQMAC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thuule, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Thuule

Thuule Active Member

Since a new server is being created, I was wondering at the possibility of monuments being created for those we've lost over the years: Rysia, Eloradanon, and Jazper. Any thoughts?

2. Khirsa

Khirsa New Member

Are you meaning some sort of land mark in side the game some where?

3. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

I am not opposed to such an idea, but we are limited as to what we can do.
    Any "structures" are client side as far as I know and hard coded as to what you see.

However we can have NPCs of any type with any name, Items and such things like this.

4. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Quest NPC of some sort perhaps? Thuule has a fantastic idea though.

5. Jikasoz

Jikasoz Member

I think this is a great idea and from an Admin point, I am entirely for it. There have been quite a few, so I'm trying to think of a non-cheesy way to do it. At least some kind of nod to them with NPCs in PoK, for one to protect their name and also in honor of them.

If there is anyone else that should be remembered, please feel free to post them in this thread.

6. darco

darco New Member

Good idea Thuule. If Speedz likes my logo i might try and integrate something subtle to represent our lost friends.

7. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

Hell yeah, great idea. What about also making it possible to not use those names on any toons on this server?

8. Jikasoz

Jikasoz Member

Their names will absolutely be protected, regardless of any memorial.

9. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

:D /hug

10. Speedz

I agree absolutely, names will be forever taken here.
    I was kinda thinking of a tribute message in the Form header or something, but in the logo would be much better :)
    I think we have a winner logo b4 the poll is even open haha.

11. hemper

hemper New Member

We spoke a few times about trying to get a NPC added to PoK with Rysia's character name and some kind of interactive dialog.

12. Nydi

Nydi New Member

Love the idea of their names being taken. Would love to see an NPC with their names. Rysia should sell Gnome cookies since it was her favorite mid raid snack was my leg.

13. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Hey Hemp :D

14. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Burritooooo!

:D

This is a great thread. Kudos to the admins, respect to the community.

15. Opttimus

Opttimus New Member

I think this is an awesome idea and would love to see it come to fruition in game

16. Suiddaru

Suiddaru Member

Priests of discord could shout the memorial roll on occasion, or if prompted, or on certain events ocurring that are remembered fondly as those funny times or raids or zones that the players loved.

17. abacab

abacab New Member

Just put memorial NPC's at the buff stone, and when hailed give info about those players.

18. Speedz

This will be some part of it yea. The rest is still being considered and some will be for you to discover :)

19. Ishio

Ishio New Member

I think this would be a fantastic idea. Like NPC's with an anogram of their characters names, or surnames. Is that even possible? Adjusting the names? I mean I don't see why not since this game is client based instead of userbased. Or am I incorrect.

20. Esildor

Esildor Member

Adjusting NPC name is possible, yes.

Client based and userbased means the same thing. I think you mean to say it's an emulator server, or ran privately, not by SoE.

21. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

Love the idea of quest NPC's (or even just storytelling NPC's, lore keepers as it were) of these beloved players... even beyond that, could we give them the same appearance? Facial features, gear, etc? Elora and Rysia were quite stylish... could see them coming from a mile away... very distinctive features.

I'm sure many (including myself) can provide screenshots if needed.

22. Speedz

Screenshots would be perfect. I asked for these a while back and not much came from it.
    But using the alla profiles if they were updated to their most recent look will help too.
    I have locked out their names and we plan to do something further once we start working on PoP.
    This is a long ways off, but it will happen.

23. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

I was actually looking at Rysia's macGelo (AllaKabor) profile the other day... made me cry when I saw the last date she had modified it though :(

So it was definitely up-to-date... not sure about Eloradanon's, but I'll check my old iMac when I get home and see if I have a screenie of her. There are plenty of Rysia on the Temerity boards, I know that much.

Rysia is here: http://www.allakabor.com/profile/index.php?id=539

Eloradanon is here: http://www.allakabor.com/profile/index.php?id=745

24. zonabi

zonabi New Member

what a noble gesture to our fallen comrades

25. Zelius

Zelius New Member

great idea