Pick My 3rd

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dwerger, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Dwerger

Dwerger New Member

I want a pet/charm combo and I'm going Mage/Enchanter. I don't know how to finish this off. I can go Shaman and buff them up, or I can get utility from a Druid which I won't have mainly snare. Can you guys please tell me what you think is better. Shaman or Druid for my Mage/Enchanter combo.

2. Draeko

Draeko Active Member

Snare is huge for charming, plus enchanter already covers a lot of what the shaman does (slows and haste). Stat buffs don't matter much for the mage pet, but I forget how stat caps work for charmed pets.

I use druid mage enchanter when I'm not playing my paladin, and it's a lot of fun.

3. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Honestly cleric is the best addition to that box combination.

Enchanter provides the charmed pet, slow and mana regen.
    Magician provides the Malo for charm pet, a secondary pet to fill in tanking on charm break, and pet weapons for charmed pet.

What you need for this box crew is the ability to heal your charmed pet.

Of the options you selected:

Shamans have very poor single healing til they get Torpor at level 60. But that's mostly efficient healing, not very good for charm pets since it also slows the pet. In Luclin shamans get a 2k single heal that takes 10 seconds to cast and cannot critical. In PoP they get a 1300 burst heal which is their core heal.

None of these are good for healing charmed pets, which will have 5k+ HP going from late Kunark/Velious onward.

Druids are somewhat better. In Velious they're very weak healers, their best being Natures Touch a 1k burst heal. In Luclin they get a 3k heal with 10 second cast time. In PoP they get a 4.5k heal with 10 second cast time, again neither can critical heal.

Clerics on the other hand will provide you a 7.5k heal for 400 mana (versus the 600 mana for Druids 4.6k PoP heal), which can critical, with proper AAs up to 19k on a charmed pet.

Not to mention having spell haste buff for your enchanter to recharm and slow faster, additionally Rez for your crew.

If you're absolutely dead set on Druid vs Shaman, I'd go Druid since Ensnare is useful and so is Eagles.

4. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Go cleric

5. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Cleric. Rezzes and the best heals.

6. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Yes, cleric. CH, rez, hitpoint buffs, stuns for charm pet breaks. No other third comes close.

7. Cutty

Cutty Well-Known Member

When in doubt.. roll Paladin =P