8-10-2016

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Aug 10, 2016.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Cavedude

* Changed some size related columns to be the same as what Al'Kabor sent in the ZoneEntry and PlayerProfile packets.
    * Going unconscious should work better.
    * Flee will now be paused when a NPC is charmed, and it's also checked for in ProcessFlee()
    * Added a check if flee is paused for an unknown reason to manually recalculate a new path, as the likely explanation is a node could not be found.
    * Added HP regen while unconscious and hungry.
    * Added alive/unconscious/dead state to #showstats for clients.
    * Removed all references to NPCTypedata_ours as it was created, and never accessed.
    * Removed all spell effects and associated code (spell variables, spell bonus variables, timers, focus defines, etc) that we will never use and are not found anywhere in our database.
    * Corrected a missing break that was causing the fade message to not always occur when an invisible spell faded early.
    * Skin of the Shadow is now a fixed invisible spell.
    * Right clicking a charged item on a bazaar trader will now properly display the item's current number of charges.
    * Discipline timer groups are now set by a rule, which defaults to disabled. All discs will now share the same reuse timer.
    * Bind Sight will now longer cause beneficial aggro.
    * Changed logging a bit to try to track down the cause of the "did not take hold" bug.
    * Removed Perl and associated files.
    * Fixed healing spells that were broken in the spell cleanup commit.
    * Corrected a specific situation where temporary items were not being deleted from merchants properly.
    * Bard beneficial songs will now always overwrite songs of the same type, regardless of level, modifiers, or spell. This includes Shauri`s Sonorous Clouding, which is the sole exception to invisibility stacking.
    * Corrected an issue causing Bards to stop pulsing if another Bard is pulsing the same song nearby.
    * Skills that skillup on green cons will now only skillup if the mob is 1 level away from light blue. (This needs more research to determine if it should be a global rule, and affect things like XP as well.)
    * Correction to last commit. When a NPC is one level below light blue, its con message is slightly different than a normal green. This http://i.imgur.com/ED2YKYG.png screenshot provided by surron suggests that NPCs with a normal green con message could produce Offense skillups using a DS on AK. So, I increased the calculation to allow skillups from NPCs 2 levels away from light blue in this particular situation.

Database:
    Robregen

* The Skyfire door/Wall click to Veeshan Peak should now display correctly.
    * All Dragons in Veeshan Peak will now instantly spawn at the schedule server reset/patch day.
    * The Female Coerced Erudite in Dalnir should no longer carry a phantom weapon.
    * The Door behind Master Yael in the Hole is now permenently Locked.
    * Add more diverse to Unrest.

Elroz likes this.
  2. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Nukes are no longer doing damage after this patch.

Might make our Fear raid *slightly* more challenging :p

Ravenwing likes this.
  3. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

If it helps debugging, DoTs are also broken. They land and generate hate, and their secondary effects like snare work, but they do no damage. Also, the damage component of stuns such as Sound of Force is broken. The stun effect works, but no damage is dealt.

4. cavedude

cavedude Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, that was my fault in the spell cleanup. Healing spells were actually broken by the same bug, but that was caught on dev before it went live. Rob is patching the server now, sorry about that!

Pithy, Ravenwing and actualspaide like this.
  5. Cerberus

Cerberus Active Member

wow can i ask why you would add in this "Discipline timer groups are now set by a rule, which defaults to disabled. All discs will now share the same reuse timer". by add this in you just took out almost all skill to playing a warrior you have now made them into a one trick pony. The discipline where meant to be able to use one affer each other with there own reuse timer to it so that skill warrior could use 60 min reuse timer discipline at the right time of fight and use 10 mins reuse timer ones at diferance times of the same fight allso could use there Offense and Defense bye add in this in makes me not even want to play my warrior because now there is only 2 types of warrior raid gear ones and not raid gear ones very little skill required. I hope you will rethink this choice you have made if not well a warrior is just a warrior no skill required

6. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

this code is already in with a partial revert of that commit:

Code:
    Torven

AItarget_check_timer removed; imp taunt+adv pet discipline removed
    * SE_ImprovedTaunt related code removed. (out of era spell effect)
    * Advanced Pet Discipline AA related code removed. (Omens AA)
    * AItarget_check_timer removed from mob_ai.cpp. This timer prevented calls to hate_list.GetTop() in AI_Process() which was causing issues with NPCs being less responsive and 'sticking' to targets longer than desired. The reduction of spent cycles from avoided calls to GetTop() were negligible.
    Cavedude
    * Revert to AI_Process() to prevent NPC rubber-banding.

7. cavedude

cavedude Administrator Staff Member

Disc timer groups were not added until December 18, 2003 http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20031218.html which is more than a year after the period our server is frozen at.

8. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Thanks guys for the quick fix to the spell damage bug!

9. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Warriors aren't the only ones buddy. It sucks but that's how it used to be.

10. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

That's how it was on Al'Kabor.

Being able to lead into a fight with Fortitude and switch into Defensive after the mob gets debuffed and slowed trivializes a lot of early parts of encounters and takes away from the necessity to work together.

Instead of one person being able to do all that, you may have to let a ranger lead into the fight tanking with Weaponshield, while a warrior slowly builds aggro and then taunts it off while using defensive for example.

11. kicnlag

kicnlag Active Member

The life of a ranger before archery AAs :(

12. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

And the life of a ranger after archery AAs.

We used Weaponshield engage on plenty of PoP targets to get debuffs rolling, aggro built, and CH chain landing before having a defensive warrior take over.

The real shame though is that knights didn't get the Deflection discipline until way later in EQ (basically a Fortitude disc that blocked all attacks for 2 ticks while you have a shield equipped). Knights were great in PoP but no disciplines of consequence for them was a huge failing IMO.

13. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Only problem with WS starting fights right now is the lack of AE Taunt so it's likely that we die before someone takes agro.

14. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

wait, so the ranger dies? we should WS engage on every fight!

15. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

The day they unlocked disciplines on Live back in Dec 2003, I opened with riposte disc using my highest damage 2h on Rallos Zek and did 12k damage in 16 seconds before switching to defensive. It super trivialized the MTing metagame. Tank transitions also become super easy when you get 16 seconds of immunity to switch the cleric rot on a new tank who is also building up a lot of hate.

Mambo, Lenas and Luddwig like this.