Npc attacking you

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cerberus, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Cerberus

Cerberus Active Member

hello I did not know where to post this so thought I would ask it here with this older client what does you npcs do vs checks when they wing at player for damage calulating and what skill are does your npc do checks for? is it like this
    1. Invulnerability (Divine Aura, Preincarnation, etc.)
    2. Riposte check
    3. Parry / Block (skill)
    4. Dodge check
    5. Block (Shield / Staff) check
    6. Avoidance AC/Agility + Avoidance mod2 + Combat Agility AA
    7. Start calculating damage taken if all those checks fail.
    I am just asking because I have not see my char do any parry of incoming Npcs attacks maybe it is because i am not wear any % parry items all so does it check both weapons as a warrior I do duel wield if you devs do mind show me the code section for this would be great thanks

2. NarcolepticLTD

NarcolepticLTD Member

what level is your war and what is your parry skill? It seems to be working correctly for me on my ranger. Also, do you have other misses you filtered out?

3. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I parry pretty often, it definitely works.

If you want to check the code, this is probably the file to look in: https://github.com/EQMacEmu/Server/blob/master/zone/attack.cpp (start reading at line 258)

Edit- that may not even be applicable anymore though because I think Torven rewrote the melee code since the last time that public version was updated.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    Tesadar and NarcolepticLTD like this.
  4. Cerberus

Cerberus Active Member

ok thank you lenas for the link was helpfull for me

5. cavedude

cavedude Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, our current code is not open source for now and it has changed pretty significantly. But, Parry definately works I was working with the method it's in a month or two ago.

Tesadar likes this.
  6. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Tesadar likes this.