Couple questions!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Katatonik, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

Currently play on P99, but there are a couple things about that server that I am not happy with. One is that they are stopping at Velious (I would like to go up to PoP) and two is that the raid scene is awful.

How long has this server been going?
    How many people are online during prime time?
    Any raid guild downing targets and if so how many guild and which targets (answer to first question might make this one moot if the server is brand new)?

Thanks in advance!

2. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

Server went live 1/1/15, so it's been going for a while now. Currently in kunark and from what I've seen on dev server velious is coming along nicely. Austerity and Destiny are the only 2 raiding guilds right now, both kill kunark dragons. Destiny in VP now with the 3 easiest dragons down (PD/SW/Xygoz). Average prime time numbers 100-120 characters, but that's including bazaar traders etc. Have seen quite a few new people starting out lately, mostly former p99'rs. Shar vahl + nexus + bazaar are active as well as PoK/books, so you can make vah shir.

3. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

You need to define what is your "primetime" we are a worldwide server. Destiny fields 50ish toons for raids on weekdays at 1pm EST due to the mass amount of work from home muricans and euro/azn/aus/african players.

Oh, we also don't have drama here and neckbeards/poopsockers are frowned upon.

4. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Member

This server is in it's relative youth. But the promise of what can be here is what drew me from p99. The ability to box gives me freedom to play the game on my hours and not be at the mercy of finding a group, while also having the ability to group with others. Also the community here is rock solid. I highly suggest you check it out and give it a shot. Think of it as getting in on the ground floor of a young company that will one day be booming.

Verdent and Mokli like this.
  5. Kuron

Kuron People Like Me

[​IMG]

Elrontaur likes this.
  6. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Raid scene on p99 sure doesn't sound so great.

Stuck in Velious forever... doesn't sound so great.

This is a great place for a fresh start. Good people. Good devs (yes, I dev on p99 too). I actually enjoy playing here when I have time.

Evenings when I get on around 100 on. Unless there is a big raid, then typically 130. Afternoons, often 70-80, unless there are raids then 120 ish.

Weekend afternoons often in 130-140 range.

Its good fun here. Server is stable. Good net connection (Its actually at same place physically as p99s server, so connections are to same data center).

I have run into very few jerks here.

Elrontaur likes this.
  7. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

From what I've read on the 99 boards it sounds like the worst version of EverQuest ever.

8. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I am on staff there, so I also get to see all the rest of what goes on. Its unbelievable.

Elrontaur likes this.
  9. Verdent

Verdent People Like Me

I think p1999 is personally a great non boxed server. It runs well, it seems clean and polished. The community on the other hand isn't so nice. The fact that guilds camp mobs just so another guild can't progress is totally against the spirit of the game. People spent days factioning just so they could train other guilds, it's madness.

10. surron

surron People Like Me

I haven't been on much since you made these last netcode changes, but I was on for a fear raid last night with 30 people in zone. I don't think one person LD'd and not one person said something about high ping or delay. Good stuff

11. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Yup that is a really good point Surron, usually we have a plague of LD up there. Raid window was super stable as well. Thanks for all the hard work Haynar.